The Fylde International Blackpool
Agoda.com
US$161
US$145
Travelocity
Travelodge Blackpool South Shore(Blackpool)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$97
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsmum and dadtoastb bhome from homenext yeartea and coffeecooked breakfastmajor attractionsfull englishlounge areawarm welcomefamily roommin walkfeel welcomefantastic hotelplace is spotlesslovely lady
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 March 2014

It has been three years since my last stay at The Flyde and Vicky and her family have been working hard on improving the facilities and hotel.
Several rooms have been upgraded, redecorated nad updated. We were in room 10, which was newly decorated and consisted of a double and 2 singles (in adjoining room) as well as anewly fitted bathroom with powerful shower :-) The room was perfect and had everything we needed as well as gorgeous views over to the Tower.
Breakfast was amazing and so many choices, about 4 different types of bread nad 30 jams/honey/peanut butter/chocolate spread; loads of different cereals/muesli; a MASSIVE fruit bowl with a variety of fruit and avocado; a hot breakfast which included all your usual items and pancakes on saturday as well as waffkes bad crumpets being available.
Vicky and her parents can't do enough to improve your visit, and nothing was to big a request. Vicky and her family are one of the best hoteliers I have come acrossin my many years of travelling.
We were at a big convention and used all of the rooms at The Flyde, Vicky was adaptable and flexible to our needs and everyone was delighted with there rooms and the hospitality.
See you again next year Vicky!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank haz123
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Little bit late with this review, what can I say about the Fylde, this was our 3rd year of staying there for a weekend away for the pigeon show. Vicky was an absolute angel when the zip on my dress wouldn't budge and I was going to our presentation night. What did she do she only lent me a dress, we're else would you get that kind of service!!! You really can't fault this B&B Vicky and her mum and dad go that extra mile, the rooms are immaculate and so tastefully decorated and the breakfast that is served is brilliant. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Blackpool, Vicky your were a dress saver xx

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

This is without doubt the best B and B we have ever stopped at. The rooms are very cosy and well furnished and the bed was extremely comfortable. As for Vicki what a nice person she couldn't have made feel more welcome, I don't understand the comment about her dad being rude as we spoke with him and found him very pleasant indeed. Would strongly recommend this B and B. Thanks Vicki for your hospitality hope to see you again later in the year.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I am a little late leaving this review - but better late than never.

We were on one of our many visits to family and once again I was on a hunt for a reasonable priced B&B that came up to standard and came across this one. It also had parking which in the area it is in helps greatly.

Upon arrival we found that booking.com had not passed on our request for a double/king room, so we ended up in the family room. This consisted of one room with 2 bunk beds and 2 single beds and another room with a double. There was also an en-suite bathroom. Obviously being just the 2 of us this wasn't ideal and we found it quite cramped. The owner was apologetic, but said she didn't have another room avaliable as they were full. Despite this we found the room clean, modern and the beds comfortable.

Breakfast was lovely. It was served buffet style and I preferred this. There was no rush to be there at a specific time, as there often is in a small B&B, (we have had people knocking on our door in the past as we were 5 mins late!) so it made it more relaxed. There was plenty of choice, with numerous cereals, juices and lots of things to spread on your bread/toast. The cooked option also had a lot of choice and was of good quality. I also liked the fact that it was ground coffee, not instant.

A wee tip - if you have an allergy or do not like cats this may not be the best place for you. They have a couple which wander freely around the public areas, though not in the bedrooms.

I would not hesitate to stay here again and in fact wanted to for New Year, but they were closed. The only reason I have given a very good over excellent was due to the room.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

The clique 'a home from home' is sometimes used lightly but in this case, there couldn't be a more fitting statement! We have 3 children and if we ever went back to Blackpool, we wouldn't go anywhere else. Totally understanding of childrens needs. The facilities are excellent. You are made to be so welcome. You really feel like you are part of the hotel's family. The breakfast was fantastic too. If you have children, dont go anywhere else. It's lovely.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family