“shockingly bad website is a pack of lies” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Golden Nile Hotel

Golden Nile Hotel
Ranked #815 of 913 Blackpool B&B and Inns
“shockingly bad website is a pack of lies”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2012

I booked a one night stay last minuite for me and my fiancee after looking on the web site they had said there was fresh decor inside which turned out to be a pack of lies after we viewed the second room what was still shocking the place was dirty poorly run health and safety was un exsistant and a terrible aroma of stale food, I left within 10 minuits of being there really disapointed

• Stayed November 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Terrytime

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2012

Stayed here in this hotel for my 21st it was a really good hotel and also cheap, close to the town centre. Staff here are very friendly and helpful, few families were complaining of thenoise what do they expect on a Saturday night in Blackpool, there was six of us and I would stay in this hotel again in the near future

Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Chelmoz
Newcastle, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2012

Me and my partner stopped here for one night and we thought, oh lovely it was the cheapest one we had found with a car park! So we stopped here, we got the premium room with a four poster bed which mr ghandi had screwed on himself, while we waited... The floors were covered in bits of paper and other various rubbish and it had a horrible aroma... If there was a fire, we'd all be dead because the bloody fire exit was covered by ladders and a locked door! Our bedroom didn't even have a lock, mr Ghandi had to screw it back on. While I was trying to sleep i found a long black hair between my fingers! I nearly threw up. The bed felt like I was going to cave into the middle neither of us dared move, it was so dirty we didn't dare go in the shower. We went downstairs for breakfast in the morning just wanting to get out and there was only one place set and I couldn't even get into the seat. There were leaves, coco pops boxes and a plant pot underneath me, when I went to stand up I tripped on the plantpot left underneath me. After eating the breakfast I threw up, I was laid over the toilet for half an hour, the bacon was too tough to eat, the sausage was sloppy it just wasn't nice. When I gave her the keys she practically forced me to write in the visitors book!! I wouldn't reccomend this hotel to anyone. I'll NEVER stop here again, i actually don't like blackpool anymore.

Room Tip: Don't go in any,
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jaimie m

Travellers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

Me my partner and 2 children stopped here and it was lovely staff and the rooms were clean.we will be down again shortly.
It is in a really good location and many attractions around it, the breakfast is a variety cereal and full breakfast
Thanks
Teri and mike

• Stayed September 2012
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012 via mobile

me and my friend booked a last minute deal to this hotel, it was very basic and not worth the money we paid!! We were scared to step foot into the shower so wore flip flops. No toilet roll was left so we had to buy our own. bed wasnt made. There was a horrible smell of old curry throughout so we did not have breakfast even though it was paid for. I would not recommend this hotel to anybody! We spent literally 10minutes in the hotel apart from sleeping there. The worst hotel I have ever stayed in by far.!

• Stayed May 2012
4 Thank AliceB0891
Crewe, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

I stayed here with a friend on a night out, we had a lovely stay in The Golden Nile, the hotel could use a little TLC, but otherwise our room was clean, the bed was clean and comforable the only thing that let it down was the water for the shower wasn't very hot and the water in the morning was no hotter. Breakfast was very good we were given sausage and bacon on our request as couldnt stomach full breakfast, but Mrs Ghandi replenished the tea pot and we were kept with a fresh supply of toast and butter.
we are hoping to organise another girlie weekend and Mrs Ghandi showed us the larger accommodating rooms and said single group no bother as long as no wild parites ha ha..
i would reccommend this for a cheap night or two as it is basic but will not hesitate to return.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

We stayed for a night at the B&B and were thankful that we had booked our accommodation elsewhere for the following night.

Having visited Blackpool a few times, we were totally taken aback by our experience at this B&B. We had called and booked a room for ourselves and paid in advance & for the price we were charged, we expected a decent accommodation at least but felt totally ripped off.

We had trouble locating the place but the host, Mrs. Gandhi, was helpful enough to guide us when we called to confirm the location. We were expecting similar hospitality but were in for a rude shock. We were probably the only guests in the hotel that day as we did not see anyone even on the following day for breakfast!

The place is unkempt and smelly. We were offered a room with a ‘four-poster bed’ (probably that’s why we were charged ‘extra’!) and within minutes, Mr. Gandhi came knocking with a screw in hand to fix onto the bed. We were not sure how many more screws were missing and if it would be safe enough to sleep on that bed and not have the handles fall on our heads at night! Even the room was pretty basic for it to be marketed as a premium room!! They should have at least put clean linen. The shower too was filthy with hair clogging the drain.

We had had enough for a day so early morning headed for our breakfast and check out asap. Breakfast was also disappointing and not much of a choice – which should be no surprise!

You can find many better (and economical) accommodation in Blackpool so do not waste your money here.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple