“eeuurrgh”

Golden Nile Hotel
Ranked #758 of 857 Blackpool B&B and Inns
“eeuurrgh”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

stayed with my 15 y.o. daughter and her friend. on arrival at the hotel we were asked to pay first of all. big mistake! we checked our 'family' room, a double and a single squashed into the corners of a box room, the bedding was stained and smelled of B.O and contained black hairs. the kettle was situated on the floor and the door had a hole in. we asked for a refund which was refused. all through our 7 day stay Mr ghandi kept knocking on our door at all hours with random questions. but the worst part was when we found his shoes in our room and after questioning him he admitted to GETTING IN OUR BEDS!!!! NEEDLESS TO SAY WE LEFT!!!
PS. the place stank and there was curry on the front doorstep all week

• Stayed July 2012
4 Thank Leannespaven
Kailas G, Owner at Golden Nile Hotel, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Hi this is Kay the owner,

We are disappointed that you were unhappy with your stay. We will take on board your criticisms and to continue to improve our quality and service.

Here is a response to the issues you were having:

1. The incident where you found the shoes on the floor was because my husband was changing the bed sheets at the time. In order to change the bed sheets for the single bed in the room you were staying in, the bed needs to be mounted since part of it is tucked into the corner of the room behind a wall. My husbands only admitted to getting "onto" the bed in order to change the sheets.

2. The hole you mentioned was indeed there but there was no way anybody could see through it. Nevertheless, the door and the lock has since been changed.

3. About the "random" questions. At the time that you stayed, we had witnessed a strange man in the hotel and thought to ask you if everything was OK since you were staying with young girl(s).

4. The "curry" that you saw on the doorstep was not as such. It was coloured pigment used for spiritual reasons (i.e.to warn off bad luck). The front steps are cleaned everyday anyway.

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Stafford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2012

me and my fiance booked this hotel online, the pictures looked really nice on the website they told us that they would give us the four bed post room. As soon as we pulled up onto the carpark he came straight out too us and told us to come in and make the payment first before we looked at our rooms or got our bags out of the car. as soon as we walked in, the smell hit you!! the carpets and walls were filthy and unfashionable, it was dark he didint show us around apart from taking us up to the room. the welcoming was really poor and unproffesional! instead of the owner taking us up to the room a lodger from the hotel took us up after the owner took my fiance's card details. we got to the room and the bed linnen was creased and nothing like the bed linnin on the photos, really unfashionable!, there was a kettle on the floor with water still in it, the kettle was right next to the plug sockets very dangerous! when we told him this he blamed it on recent guests leaving the kettle on the floor because the lead wasnt long enough to be put on a table! well obviously the room hadnt been cleaned properly for this to happen! so then we said this is unsatisfactory the pictures look nothing like the one on the website etc. so he took us to another room and it was THE SAME, kettle on the floor, same bedsheets, dirty bathroom and a lot smaller by this point we wanted to leave. we said what we thought and he said, "its only for one night i can knock you £5 of your bill" we said no we don feel confatable it is disgusting and really untrue! we want our money and deposit back, he said he would give us half back.so then we rang up the other manager and said we will get trading standereds involved if you dont give us our full refund, he then said he would give us £40 but not our deposit! we argued that the deposit covers if we do not show up! after about 20mins of arguing and demanding our money back he fineally gave us our full £60 back. for a double box room £60???? more like £10! we found a lovely apartment/flat for £50 for one of the best ones! "the lancaster holiday appartments" very friendly, clean and close to everything and the price is fantastic!!

Room Tip: Dont stay here unless you want to be ripped off
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank TishTime69

Travellers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

Reviewed 4 November 2012

I booked a one night stay last minuite for me and my fiancee after looking on the web site they had said there was fresh decor inside which turned out to be a pack of lies after we viewed the second room what was still shocking the place was dirty poorly run health and safety was un exsistant and a terrible aroma of stale food, I left within 10 minuits of being there really disapointed

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Terrytime
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Stayed here in this hotel for my 21st it was a really good hotel and also cheap, close to the town centre. Staff here are very friendly and helpful, few families were complaining of thenoise what do they expect on a Saturday night in Blackpool, there was six of us and I would stay in this hotel again in the near future

Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Chelmoz
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Me and my partner stopped here for one night and we thought, oh lovely it was the cheapest one we had found with a car park! So we stopped here, we got the premium room with a four poster bed which mr ghandi had screwed on himself, while we waited... The floors were covered in bits of paper and other various rubbish and it had a horrible aroma... If there was a fire, we'd all be dead because the bloody fire exit was covered by ladders and a locked door! Our bedroom didn't even have a lock, mr Ghandi had to screw it back on. While I was trying to sleep i found a long black hair between my fingers! I nearly threw up. The bed felt like I was going to cave into the middle neither of us dared move, it was so dirty we didn't dare go in the shower. We went downstairs for breakfast in the morning just wanting to get out and there was only one place set and I couldn't even get into the seat. There were leaves, coco pops boxes and a plant pot underneath me, when I went to stand up I tripped on the plantpot left underneath me. After eating the breakfast I threw up, I was laid over the toilet for half an hour, the bacon was too tough to eat, the sausage was sloppy it just wasn't nice. When I gave her the keys she practically forced me to write in the visitors book!! I wouldn't reccomend this hotel to anyone. I'll NEVER stop here again, i actually don't like blackpool anymore.

Room Tip: Don't go in any,
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jaimie m
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Me my partner and 2 children stopped here and it was lovely staff and the rooms were clean.we will be down again shortly.
It is in a really good location and many attractions around it, the breakfast is a variety cereal and full breakfast
Thanks
Teri and mike

• Stayed September 2012
Reviewed 27 May 2012 via mobile

me and my friend booked a last minute deal to this hotel, it was very basic and not worth the money we paid!! We were scared to step foot into the shower so wore flip flops. No toilet roll was left so we had to buy our own. bed wasnt made. There was a horrible smell of old curry throughout so we did not have breakfast even though it was paid for. I would not recommend this hotel to anybody! We spent literally 10minutes in the hotel apart from sleeping there. The worst hotel I have ever stayed in by far.!

• Stayed May 2012