“Disgusting”
Review of Golden Nile Hotel

Golden Nile Hotel
Ranked #755 of 863 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I could right a book on this place, worst hotel i have ever stayed in. As soon as we walked in it stunk of human remains, the bloke who greeted us (think hes the owner) has 1 tooth and must be alergic to water as he cant of had a bath in months. Carpets could be on the antiques roadshow they are that old, the rooms are so scruffy and tiny, we borrowed an ironing board and it stunk of curry. You came out of the shower dirtier than when you went in, as an ex soldier i have ate in fields, iraq and afghanistan were cleanliness wasnt the best, however there was no chance of me eating in that dining room. There was all kinds of dirt on the walls and lampshades i wont even say what it looked like, dont book this hotel! The one plus side i would say is that the bedding was actually fresh.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Jonnyburgerboy

Reviewed 3 November 2013

This hotel is near most of the main attractions in Blackpool and is fairly cheap if you're planning to stay for a weekend. They have a great selection of food for their breakfast menu (including full English). Great for trips with friends or family!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Sorry folks but if you want a cheap last minute hotel and are limited for choice put this one at the bottom of the list. Convenient for location but other than a decent cooked breakfast and a shot at free parking that's the extent of it
Main issues.....no lock on entrance door so anyone can walk in. Fire doors that are locked with a key...although they kindly leave the key in the door. Light switches could do with a bit of Jif/cif very dirty . Dust on the back of the sink. I expected the rooms to be basic to be fair so I will pass on this one. The biggest was the boss. Assuming he was the boss he had not seen a bar of soap or a can of deodorant in years which filled the stairwell with his aroma for two floors. OH and by the way...he was cooking breakfast. The bedroom walls are paper thin I could hear an alarm clock going off next door only to find it was two rooms along.
If I'd have paid £35for the room I would have said value for money but I paid £55. I have paid 60 in blackpool and have had fantastic rooms. Don't do it......

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joodlesNorthWALES
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Not child friendly!!! My son with special needs lent on a glass table and the whole sheet of glass fell on him.. the owner offered ice!! We had no hot water... the radiator didn't work... so was supplied with electric heater that clicked on and off all night long.. the bed we were in either needs replacing or the springs need some oil... couldn't move without being woken up.. kettles in rooms on floor!! Around 4.30am there was some on the landing outside our bedroom door.. seemed to be creeping from door to door... the room cost us £64 for the night... if we'd paid £25 then I wouldn't moan ... but for that amount we expected a nice room... didn't go down for breakfast... I knew we wouldn't eat it. Couldn't wait to get out!

Room Tip: Before you pay look at the rooms. Try the hot water and the bed
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2013

At £60 for the night, you would expect this B&B to have something going for it, but I'm sorry to say it is awful. After a 230 mile drive to Blackpool, this place was easy to find considering it is on a one way street. Although it does say parking is available, it has 4-5 spaces at the front of the building. There is 2 spaces to the rear but to access this, a gate needs to be opened by the owner. We ended up parking 200 yards up the road in a pay & display car park (£6.50 for 24 hours).
We walked through the dining / breakfast room, up the stairs to our room. The room is tiny, the bed is tiny and the shower / toilet is tiny too. We left our overnight bag and headed out returning at about 23:30. After squeezing into the shower, I found that the water was Luke warm and I was standing in 5-7 inches of water and the water wouldn't drain quick enough. After quickly finishing, I came out to find my wife standing in the room saying we have to leave. Asking why, she pulled back the bed sheets only to find several hairs of lets say the curly kind. We packed our bags and headed out. I rang the bell for the owner and explained everything. To my astonishment, they said the room is spotless as they cleaned it themselves. Nothing was going to make us change our minds, the trip was ruined. We took our time on our 3 hour drive home. The owner did call us on the way to say they were in the room and nothing was wrong with it. I'm sure the pictures I took prove this to be crap!
I can only advise others that enter at your own risk.

Room Tip: Avoid, only way of getting a good room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We knew this place was basic, but nothing prepared us for what we saw. On entering Golden Nile we were told by Mr Ghandi not to make any noise on our return from our night out (9 girls on a birthday weekend) because he had families staying. We felt like we were being told off by our father!!! On entering our rooms, after going up the dirty staircase, we were shocked to see how dirty all our rooms were. The bathroom had hairs in the shower, towels with brown stains on them, curtains hanging off the curtain pole and a toilet that was stained with god knows what and a toilet roll holder hanging off. The bedding had stains on and didn't smell fresh at all, walls and floors had stains on them and the windows were covered in mould. In one of our rooms the smoke alarm had a plastic bag covering it...fire safety??? We didn't stay for breakfast in the morning because the smell coming from the dining room was horrible. If we were staying any longer than one night we would have checked out and gone elsewhere. The issue that we had was that if the paying public can see the dirt than why can't Mr & Mrs Ghandi.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room here, stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Although this place is completely basic it fitted our needs i.e a bed for the night and a place to get changed and showered. I see that people have complained on here but what do people really expect for £45 per night which includes breakfast, parking and free wifi? The rooms are tiny and the shower could have probably used a bit of a cleaning but in general the room was basically fine if you're just looking for somewhere to stay. One thing I would say is that if you're an older couple etc you might want to look elsewhere as there were large groups of younger people and so it was fairly noisy in the night/early hours of the morning but that was fine with us as we are a young couple too. The best part of this place is probably the couple who run it as they are very friendly and go out of their way to make sure you have got everything you needed and even give us a late check out as we were the last room. I would probably stay here again if we visited Blackpool even though we usually stay at "nicer" hotels it was absolutely fine and clean which is really what counts!

Room Tip: Try to get one on the lower floors as the stairs are a killer especially if you are a girl in heels!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple