“Good condition and location”
Review of Golden Nile Hotel

Golden Nile Hotel
Ranked #757 of 861 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 November 2013

The hotel is in a great location and I had great service. Great value for money. I decided last minute to go with my partner and it was welcoming. The bar stayed open late and was busy. Over all well worth the money I spent.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Stayed at the Golden Nile again recently, asked for the same room again with a four poster bed, which was a nice touch. Good central location which means most of the major attractions are within walking distance.

The price we payed for 2 nights B & B seemed very fair and compared directly with others in the street. All in all this place is good value for money.

1  Thank simon h
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

For a last minute decision to stay overnight in blackpool on pretty much the last weekend of illuminations we were so pleased that we found this place. The owner was happy to move his car so that I could park my car at the front. The bar was open till late and the owners were genuinely very friendly and chatty and inviting. The room was average size and the bathroom was clean. It was definitely more than what we expected. The hotel was fairly quiet as it was mid-week. And this meant that we were allowed a later check out time. Next time we visit blackpool we will be sure to stay here again!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

I have just returned from a weekend at this hotel and I was pleasantly surprised at the room and hospitality of the hosts. As it was the Blackpool illuminations period we were extra pleased that we got the room that overlooks the top of the brightly pink lit tower!
Breakfast was yum, and we got chatting to some of the other guests around the pool table so all in all we enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Pulling up outside I could see I had made a mistake, it looked bad but nothing could prepare me for what was to come......... As I opened the door the stench hit me, and the owner came out with his bean-stained top asking for the coin and told us instantly to be quiet because of all the family's that were staying there (didn't look many to me, in fact the only people I seen or heard were a couple that popped out there room and echoed the words 'awwww it stinks in here') he then told me to move my car about 8 times before I could even get to it. Then we walked up the stinking corridors, getting all muck on my hands when I touched the banisters, the decor was similar to the bates motel. As we got into the room we instantly labelled the single bed as 'the coffin' as it was squashed in between 2 walls and looked awful. The showers were freezing and I felt I had to wear my socks in them, didn't want to put my feet in the wrong place. During the night I kept hearing a Wierd breathing noise from outside the door as if somebody was out there moving from door to door. We were also awoken by the handle been pulled down (good job we locked it) and then the words 'ten o'clock' being shouted at us. The next day I didn't dare eat the food as we read some other reviews about it, Infact I didn't dare see the owner we dumped the key on the counter and went out

4  Thank Liamlovinglife
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I know you get what you pay for and this was a cheap room for the night but it was just revolting! The whole place stank, it was VERY dated and dirty! We even went out and bought bedsheets for the bed as the ones on there looked like they had never been washed and were practically worn out! The walls were so thin, we could hear the neighbours coming in, talking, arguing, having sex, really was one of the worst nights sleep or lack of sleep I have ever had! We couldnt wait to get up and out of the place, There are so many B&B's in Blackpool..... chose another!
If it hadnt of been so cold I would have slept in my car!

Room Tip: Find another place to stay!!!
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I could right a book on this place, worst hotel i have ever stayed in. As soon as we walked in it stunk of human remains, the bloke who greeted us (think hes the owner) has 1 tooth and must be alergic to water as he cant of had a bath in months. Carpets could be on the antiques roadshow they are that old, the rooms are so scruffy and tiny, we borrowed an ironing board and it stunk of curry. You came out of the shower dirtier than when you went in, as an ex soldier i have ate in fields, iraq and afghanistan were cleanliness wasnt the best, however there was no chance of me eating in that dining room. There was all kinds of dirt on the walls and lampshades i wont even say what it looked like, dont book this hotel! The one plus side i would say is that the bedding was actually fresh.

1  Thank Jonnyburgerboy