“Disgusting don't know how it's still open!!!!!!”
Review of Golden Nile Hotel

Golden Nile Hotel
Ranked #754 of 863 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I booked here for me my partner and 1year old child as soon as wee walked in all you could smell was damp and curry, 1st room my child could hardly breathe with the smell and bed was broken so we complained and got an upgrade ceiling was damp, mould on floors, wallpaper fallen off, paintwork chipped and dirty, finger prints everywhere!!

We finally got enough of our money back to book another hotel ( charnley gold fantastic hotel and cheaper, clean, good food and lovely rooms)

Golden Nile SHOULDN'T BE OPEN DUE TO HEALTH AND HYGENE

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank 08-12-1988

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Unfortunately we did not check reviews as we booked last minute and were worried about finding a place to stay on bank holiday. I wish we had taken more care.

I would like to start off by saying that I wasn't expecting much, unfortunately the dated look and feel is all too common as the Blackpool hotel industry isn't doing very well. I thought the Egyptian theme would be quiet funny and we did have a bit of a laugh.

The reason for my TERRIBLE rating: The room had not been cleaned. The shower was had hairs in it (i understand this can be difficult to clean) but then there were long black hairs and dirt on the beside cabinet. The windowsill had dead flies and rubbish left from previous guests. The floor was sticky (I always wore shoes in the room). The cups for tea were sticky and unclean and the tv remote also sticky.

Our friends stayed in the room next door and after visiting their room, I felt that we had gotten lucky. I had to peel my feet off the floor with every step I took. There door was hanging on with 1 screw which meant they had to lift it to close it. There was what looked like food on the walls and someone had left a penny stuck to the wall.

On the plus side, our bedding seemed clean which made our stay bearable. The owners were very pleasent and breakfast was okay. Individually boxed cereals and cooked breakfast with toast. For bigger eaters you could have another plate too!

Realistically I hope this review inspires the owners to ensure a more effective cleaning routine but looking at previous reviews, it is doubtful. They seem like nice people and I know running a B&B can be difficult, so I'd overlook most things, but dirty rooms are something that cannot be overlooked.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Liam O
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Decided to have a night in blackpool on route back home from our holiday up North and this hotel was a very lovely hotel to stay in.. It is a family run hotel and owners were very welcoming and friendly.. Gave us a upgrade of room as had lots of rooms avalible and even offered us a four poster room ( which I only declined due to back issues and bad experience in a four poster bed before) breakfast was delicious and the bed very comfortable... After all it is a bed for the night... Why go to blackpool stay in a hotel room all night and then winge.. If you go to blackpool you should be out taking in the amusements... Hotel is within walking distance to everything like sealife centre, blackpool tower like said I struggle to walk long distances and this walk was fine.. Would defo stay again if returning to blackpool.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Our reception was a very warm welcome, even with a large group of 19. The hotel was very basic, nothing fancy. The rooms were all clean and tidy. The breakfast and general service was above and beyond. Exceptional hosts. Overall a good stay. Highly recommended for those who appreciate the simple things in life.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2014

owner really helpful breakfast was very good, was told i could leave car for rest of day on leaving if we were to have a look around blackpool for the day which we did would use this hotel again in October

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 20 November 2013

The hotel is in a great location and I had great service. Great value for money. I decided last minute to go with my partner and it was welcoming. The bar stayed open late and was busy. Over all well worth the money I spent.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Stayed at the Golden Nile again recently, asked for the same room again with a four poster bed, which was a nice touch. Good central location which means most of the major attractions are within walking distance.

The price we payed for 2 nights B & B seemed very fair and compared directly with others in the street. All in all this place is good value for money.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple