“Great Egyptian-Style Hotel”
Review of Golden Nile Hotel

Golden Nile Hotel
Ranked #754 of 863 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We booked four rooms for a family of 8 people. We were warmly welcomed into the hotel and the area seemed peaceful. All the rooms we got were on the top floor. Each room had one double bed and a single bed so maximum three people are able to sleep in one room. The beach and shopping center was only a 5 minute walk away from the hotel. Other attractions such as the Blackpool tower, and Sea life is also near by. The Pleasure Beach park was around a 20 minute walk, but it was worth the walk as you can enjoy the view of the beach. Breakfast was delicious and the staff were very friendly. There was a lounge and bar where we could sit and relax after a long day out. Overall, we all had a great time with The Golden Nile Hotel. We will definitely go back next time. :)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Stayed over night with our 6 year old daughter. What a mess from the outside to the in. Lady came out she was dirty so first impressions wasn't good. She made a point of telling us she had waited for us, we got stuck in traffic. It smelt of damp the daughter kept on saying "what's that smell?" The man showed us to our room about 3 flights into a narrow corridor (like a prison cell). The room smelt of damp it was very dirty, the bedding was even worse, the mattress was very stained, pillows were brown stained and the quilt was very worn and grey in colour, threw better on the tip. Under the bed was a layer of dust and someone's shoes and tissues. The tv was very dusty you could write in it. The bathroom was just has bad with only 2 towels for us all. The breakfast was ok the little old lady was kind and when I told her about the room she shook her shoulders.

Room Tip: just don't stop
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank beverley H
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Our weekend away started with a hearty welcome and it only got better.A free upgrade was offered and we changed rooms.The bedroom although not of great size was clean and the shower was warm.The TV was of excellent quality.The breakfast was delicious and extras were offered freely.The location was ideal for The Sea Life centre,Madame Tussaud's and The Tower.All in all,great value for money.We will definitely go back again again.
Thanks again Mark and Gill.

Room Tip: Phone the hotel direct to book.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I booked here for me my partner and 1year old child as soon as wee walked in all you could smell was damp and curry, 1st room my child could hardly breathe with the smell and bed was broken so we complained and got an upgrade ceiling was damp, mould on floors, wallpaper fallen off, paintwork chipped and dirty, finger prints everywhere!!

We finally got enough of our money back to book another hotel ( charnley gold fantastic hotel and cheaper, clean, good food and lovely rooms)

Golden Nile SHOULDN'T BE OPEN DUE TO HEALTH AND HYGENE

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank 08-12-1988
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Unfortunately we did not check reviews as we booked last minute and were worried about finding a place to stay on bank holiday. I wish we had taken more care.

I would like to start off by saying that I wasn't expecting much, unfortunately the dated look and feel is all too common as the Blackpool hotel industry isn't doing very well. I thought the Egyptian theme would be quiet funny and we did have a bit of a laugh.

The reason for my TERRIBLE rating: The room had not been cleaned. The shower was had hairs in it (i understand this can be difficult to clean) but then there were long black hairs and dirt on the beside cabinet. The windowsill had dead flies and rubbish left from previous guests. The floor was sticky (I always wore shoes in the room). The cups for tea were sticky and unclean and the tv remote also sticky.

Our friends stayed in the room next door and after visiting their room, I felt that we had gotten lucky. I had to peel my feet off the floor with every step I took. There door was hanging on with 1 screw which meant they had to lift it to close it. There was what looked like food on the walls and someone had left a penny stuck to the wall.

On the plus side, our bedding seemed clean which made our stay bearable. The owners were very pleasent and breakfast was okay. Individually boxed cereals and cooked breakfast with toast. For bigger eaters you could have another plate too!

Realistically I hope this review inspires the owners to ensure a more effective cleaning routine but looking at previous reviews, it is doubtful. They seem like nice people and I know running a B&B can be difficult, so I'd overlook most things, but dirty rooms are something that cannot be overlooked.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Liam O
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Decided to have a night in blackpool on route back home from our holiday up North and this hotel was a very lovely hotel to stay in.. It is a family run hotel and owners were very welcoming and friendly.. Gave us a upgrade of room as had lots of rooms avalible and even offered us a four poster room ( which I only declined due to back issues and bad experience in a four poster bed before) breakfast was delicious and the bed very comfortable... After all it is a bed for the night... Why go to blackpool stay in a hotel room all night and then winge.. If you go to blackpool you should be out taking in the amusements... Hotel is within walking distance to everything like sealife centre, blackpool tower like said I struggle to walk long distances and this walk was fine.. Would defo stay again if returning to blackpool.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Our reception was a very warm welcome, even with a large group of 19. The hotel was very basic, nothing fancy. The rooms were all clean and tidy. The breakfast and general service was above and beyond. Exceptional hosts. Overall a good stay. Highly recommended for those who appreciate the simple things in life.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family