“Ignore negative reviews!”

Ranked #822 of 911 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Amsterdam
“Ignore negative reviews!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2010

i have stayed here many times with my friends over the years and honestly havent had any problems with this hotel or the staff!! I am 21 and my friends are the same age we have been coming here since we were 17. Staff are very friendly and always helpful! We would almost always sleep in and miss breakfast but they would always come and ask if we wanted anything to take with us on the trip home! The hotel is very close the city centre with all the clubs, pubs, arcades etc A few miles the other way is the pleasure beach but it is a nice walk on the promenade! Fair enough the rooms are small but for the price whats the big deal!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
uk
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2010

stayed at the b and b sat 26th march.with a group of friends
Never Never agian.
Firstly so rude. and not a bit freindly
secondly the filth. this place can not of been cleaned for years and years.
when we arrived at 1030am there was a vacum cleaner in the middle of the lounge/reception area for any one to just fall over it. this must have been a toy or something as it had never been used, You could see this with the amoun of crumbs and just filth about. this vacum was still in place at 5pm
There were ciggeret buts under the tv in the lounge (Smoking Ban for a number of years now)
could not see out of any windows as none had been cleaned for sometime.
furniture in the lounge area sat on one chair hit the floor all the springs had gone. in this and many more chairs in the seating area.

The rooms. well in the wardrobe empty bottles of cider and cups never been washed. a single bed and a double bed in the room. we could not use the single bed as sheets all stained with blood? spare quilt in wardrobe had blood stains on it.
the dust and muck on all the fixture and fitting was terrible.
walls so thin you cold hear every word from the next room
The shower shook the whole room when turned on.
owner just letting them selfs into room when felt like it.
when we had gone out at night come in could see some one had been in our room as somethings moved. next day when getting ready to leave owner came into room whilst we were in there (very intimadating for women on there own)
men playing snooker and loudness until 6am in the morning from the lounge area. again not very nice. All in all it was the worst expereince i have ever had in a bed and breakfast. please please do be careful with this place

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

leeds
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2009

Had a really good stay beds were really comfy ... and the owners were really nice aswell !!! definately will go back there again !!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
droylsden
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2009

I have just spent 2 nights at the Golden Nile which was booked by another member of our party. When we arrived I left the rest of my family in the car at the front while I went in to find out where to park.
The overpowering smell of curry powder and other spices was the first thing that met you as you walked through the door. The reception was very tatty and untidy. When I when I went back to the car to get the rest of my family I didn't quite know how to prepare them for what was to follow.
We were asked to pay the bill in full before we had even been given our room key. WISE MOVE on their part because if I had seen the room before I payed I think I might have refused to stay. The guy carried one of our bags up to the room and we followed. He had the worst cased of BO I have ever smelt, which didn't bode well for the rest of the place. I was sharing a room with my daughter and 8 year old grandaughter. There was a double bed at one end of the room with a 12 inch gap at one side to walk up. The single bed was slotted into a recess that was just 3 foot wide and you had to climb into the bed from the bottom end. The walls were dirty and the wallpaper was ripped, the curtains didn't fit the window and only half the curtain hooks worked. There was one dirty dirty carpet that had been "FITTED" over an even dirtier one and was curling up at the edges, it had no carpet trim where it met the bathroom flooring so you kept tripping over the join. The kettle was on the floor and you had to keep swapping plugs in a socket that was held together with ducktape. The bathroom was a mess with perfumed toilet roll that smelt like it had been soaked in jeyes fluid. The public areas were even worse than the bedrooms. The lounge chairs were dirty, as were all the other downstairs areas. I could not make myself eat the breakfast although tea and toast wasn't bad. My 8 year old grandaughter refused to have even a drink in the place and would not have anything at breakfast on either day.
WOULD I STAY THERE AGAIN???? NEVER!!! WOULD I RECOMMEND TO A FRIEND?? NO WAY !!!!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
Rhyl
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2009

Nice and friendly, No Fuss, quiet and you get what you pay for. Would stay there again no problem.

Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
edinburgh
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2009

As we arrived for a 3 night stay there was a overwhelming smell of curry, shown to rooms and gave me a cupboard no sink or shower was shown to this small door inside was a filthy toilet asked to be moved to another room not inpressed when i was told i would need to share a room with my mother as there was no rooms available with access to shower (felt more power from a watering can) although single rooms were booked in advance and hotel advertised rooms as all en-suite but were NOT, ate there for first night but ate out for the rest of stay as place was still smelling of curry and food was bland. found a small box inside the kettle which was decomposing needs a serious overhall on cleaning more dust than a building site.

• Stayed October 2008
Manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2009

Good value for money hotel offering all the services you would expect for a comfortable stay. Excellent location for all Blackpools major attractions

• Stayed September 2009