All reviews sewing kit coronation street cereal bars agnes david stair lift next year fresh fruit mini fridge second to none thought of everything warm welcome place to stay little touches finishing touches cotton buds guest house hotel is spotless
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Just got back from a brillant weekend staying at Sorrento House with Agnes and David. I strongly recomend using this B&B for service, quality and friendliness and all the little extra's that this couple give to make it the best stay. The property is very clean, food fresh and tasty and is in a great position for all activities. These people truly go out of their way to do as much as there possible can for you. We have booked already for next year as we feel nothing could beat this B&B. Thanks Agnes and David....best wishes from Vicky and her 5 friends

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank vicky p
Reviewed 12 September 2013

What a lovely place !
Recommended by my son in law , we thoroughly enjoyed our stay with David and Agnes .
Very welcoming and spotless clean .
Breakfast was beautiful and it made such a change to find somewhere as close to the front that was as nice !
Definitely will be going back !!
Thanks again , Nicky and Eva x

• Stayed: September 2013
5  Thank Biggmacv
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Just returned from another fabulous weekend at the Sorrento in Blackpool. David and Agnes (originally from Scotland) go out of their way to make it an enjoyable stay and it honestly is like a home from home. It's true that you get what you pay for and the Sorrento is value for money.

The hotel is a 2 minute walk from Coral Island and the shops and the front which was a great location for our stay. Check-in was quick and the rooms are all individually decorated to a high standard and very comfortable. The rooms and the public areas are absolutely spotless and Agnes and David go the extra mile with their special touches in the rooms - TV, kettle with tea,coffee, juice etc, mini fridge and wee things like shoe shines, wipes, sewing kits and things you would expect in a hotel chain.

Order breakfast the day before - the full brekkie is delicious as is the selection of cereal, fresh fruit and different teas.

The bar prices are very reasonable and David and Agnes will sit and have a blether (thats an informal chat for the non-Scottish) with you over a drink with music in the background.

2 choices for parking nearby - Hornby Road and Charnley Road - Charnley Road is just across the road and £9 for 3 days cannot be beat. So don't let parking put you off from staying here - 2 choices and both only a 5 min walk away at most!!

Great hosts, great hotel and we'll definitely be back. I highly recommend this hotel and I wouldn't consider anywhere else now having stayed at the Sorrento twice in the last 12 months.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank john_boy_scotland
Reviewed 2 September 2013

The best hotel in blackpool by far the cleanest i have seen its spotless all over....agnes & david are fantastic people very welcoming love a good chat with them my girls of 7 & 3 love agnes shes great with them love rading there sweets she keeps at the front door lol....breakfast is great
great choice & lovely selection off fresh cut fruit cereals & cereal bars girls again loved the fruit selection....you can see agnes & david take great pride in there hotel & it just feels like home for the burts!! C u again next year & thanks for a lovely wkend.

• Stayed: August 2013
6  Thank cburty
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Stayed at Sorrento House in a single room for four nights @ £30 per night bed & breakfast to attend a musical event at the Winter Gardens.
Have been visiting Blackpool for shows for many years and have tried various places to stay including the Hilton, Best Western, Premier Inn, Big Blue, Travelodge and too many b&bs to list.
Whilst the chain hotels offer a known quality none of them can offer the convenient location of a very short walk to the Winter Gardens. A taxi ride is preferable for some, certainly at night.
So its down to picking a handy b&b.
Quite frankly, one never knows quite what to expect when booking a seaside bed & breakfast, I have experienced some unmentionable horrors, and a smaller number of absolute gems.
Thankfully Sorrento House is amongst the best I have visited, actually, make that THE best.

The location is excellent being directly opposite Charnley Road, very close to the Winter Gardens, the Tower, and the centre of town. There are plenty of off street parking areas nearby, which seem to all have a reasonable fixed price, or you can pay more in the multi-storey car park at the Hounds Hill shopping centre, which is more secure but £20 per 24 hours.

I booked my stay directly with Sorrento House by e-mail from their website.
On arrival I was greeted by David, and efficiently booked in within minutes, and made aware of the location of my room, the availability of complimentary Wi-Fi, breakfast times and offered help with my bags. Agnes popped in to say hello, and introduced herself, and her daughter Debbie.
What a lovely start to my stay.

On entering my room ( #2 ) I was immediately struck by how spotlessly clean everything was, and how the room was bigger than I expected ( some singles are tiny ), it was obviously freshly refurbished, new vertical blinds, new bathroom fittings, shower cubicle, complete with coloured flashing lights on shower head, new carpeting, bedding, etc, and lots of delightful details, like LED ceiling lights, tiny decorative touches that had obviously taken great care and thought. Very nice.
The flatscreen tv had good reception ( not always the case ), there was a hair dryer, a kettle, a basket of tea, coffee, chocolate, milk, sugar, and a small selection of biscuits. One surprise, a mini fridge, perfect for chilling a bottle of water, or pop. There were plenty of towels etc.
Even the handwash was colour co-ordinated with the purple décor, Imperial Leather Jasmine & Sweet Violet Touch. Finally, there was a handy booklet with house rules and local info.
In short, the room was a delight.

To briefly mention breakfast, there was a system to choose from a full cooked English breakfast, with egg, bacon, waffle, mushrooms, black pudding, fried bread, tomato, sausage & beans, or selection of half a dozen options, you ticked your choice for the following morning. Very organised. I plumped for the full breakfast each morning and it was very good.
In addition, there was fresh toast, coffee, tea, fruit juices etc and a cereal bar with self service choice of cornflakes, rice crispies etc.
Very happy with breakfast.

Throughout my four day stay I only really saw Agnes or David briefly at breakfast.
Like all good hosts they are easily found when needed but not obtrusive.
On my checking out Agnes took the time to enquire whether I was happy with my stay.
I confirmed I was by booking again for next year.

My only slight disappointment, I had read in reviews about Wallace the dog and was looking forward to shaking his paw, but never seen him.

Apart from that my stay at Sorrento House was a pleasure from beginning to end, and I won't stay anywhere else in Blackpool.
Thanks very much!