“eileen highly recommended”
Review of North Ocean Hotel

North Ocean Hotel
Ranked #4 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 6 July 2014

what do you look for in a hotel if youre like my husband and I its cleanliness and good food.then try the north ocean.all public areas are spotless room 26 was beautiful with sparkling white duvets and furnished to high standard and a lovel sea view.breakfast was excellent with large portions cooked to order.On the first night we ate in the restaurant and were so impressed with varied choice of menu and service we continued to eat here for the remainder of our 5 night stay.Wayne,Dave and chris work long hours and are always kind helpful and thoughtful.Great guys who deserve every success .The bar in the evening is a must where the "A TEAM " made us feel special. we cannot praise this hotel highly enough.We will definitely return.

Room Tip: room 26 large room with lovely sea view
1  Thank eileen l
David D, Reception at North Ocean Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Tom and Eileen, what can we say apart from thank you! You were a great laugh, we felt special around you too! During your 5 day stay you really did get to see how things are run at the hotel (including the odd comical drama). We can't wait to see you again. from the A Team x

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend chose this hotel after seeing the ratings and we weren't disappointed. We were greeted with a smile and had help taking our bags to our room. The staff were very friendly throughout our stay and made us feel most welcome. The room was fantastic, with a great view. There was a good choice of food on the menu and the food was quick and delicious. I would definately recommend this hotel to couples and we will definately be booking it for our next stay.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
David D, Owner at North Ocean Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to do a nice review Leah, it's much appreciated and spurs us on to do more and give even more to what we are doing here at the hotel. See you again soon.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Just come back from 1 night's stay,when booking in we were upgraded to a suite with sea view,which was spacious and immaculate.As we were going to see Mama Mia we were offered an earlier evening meal,(which was much appreciated) both evening meal and breakfast were excellant .Were made to feel very welcome ,by Wayne ,Chris and Dave,won,t hesitate to recommend it to friends and family
Mike and Jean Wrexham ,N. Wales

Room Tip: rooms at the back of hotel may be a bit quieter,but suites have sea view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
David D, Owner at North Ocean Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Many thanks for a great review Mike and Jean. Glad you liked Mamma Mia and your stay at the hotel. You were a great couple and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

My boyfriend and I spent last weekend at this hotel and absolutely loved it. I think both of us were initially shocked that we got such a bargain considering the raving reviews (and I don't remember ever seeing a hotel with NO negative reviews whatsoever) and it's safe to say we were probably even more shocked that it lived up to the expectations all the reviews had given us.

From the outset we were impressed at the friendly service and banter, including having our bags carried to the room for us! The room was great, spacious and well laid out, and the bed was so comfortable - I was not happy about having to get up in the morning!

As we had came down to Blackpool straight from work, we arrived quite late in the evening so decided to take advantage of the offer in the hotel to get two courses and a bottle of wine for £11.95 each rather than heading out anywhere. I loved the breaded mushrooms I had to start and the boyfriend definitely enjoyed his potato wedges, which included bacon and cheese. It was my main course, however, which defeated me - an absolutely MASSIVE portion of Toad in the Hole. Even its description on the menu leaves my mouth watering again at the memory -" A large Yorkshire pudding containing sausages served with creamy mashed potato and onion gravy" - and makes me wish I could eat the half I couldn't manage at the time right now. (Any chance of sending one up to Glasgow???)

Breakfast was also fab - although I was still struggling to find space in my stomach from my meal the previous evening! There was a variety of cereal and juice available and you could also make toast... then the full English appeared on the table . . . and promptly disappeared into our mouths.

I've stayed in Blackpool many times over the years, both in the old Pontins camp and several of the hotels along the front, including the Metropole, but this has definitely been the best hotel I've stayed in here. I would definitely go back here and I would recommend it to everyone!

Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you Paula for a really great review. It pushes us on to do better. I know we currently have no negative reviews however we do realise that one day we'll inevitably receive one. When that day comes we will take note, adapt if necessary and act in a professional manner when replying to it. We do try our very best and are working constantly to improve the hotel. It's still very worrying for us when guests leave or the smallest thing goes wrong during their stay. Generally people in life love to see a failure or to see someone get knocked down but we are blessed with having genuine support from the most wonderful kind guests (like yourselves) over our first 4 months of being open at the hotel. Your support in our efforts to offer something a bit different in Blackpool is much appreciated. We thanks each and every one of you!! xx

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Me and my partner stayed 28th June 2014 - 30th June 2014. We were greeted with a smile and friendly chat. We stayed in room 12 double on suite with beautiful sea view, the hotel is on the promenade which is far enough out to be nice and quite. The whole hotel was absolutely spotless and to a high standard. Full english breakfast plus cereals, toast, juice etc served until 10.00am. We had a fantastic weekend which included Mamma Mia show and not to be missed the hypnotist/mentalist/comedian Ken Webster, never laughed so much. We will defininately be back. Sue and Rob x

1  Thank rakibabe_10
David D, Reception at North Ocean Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Many thanks for spending a few minutes to do a great review Sue and Rob, it's appreciated very much. Glad you enjoyed your couple of days in Blackpool and at the hotel. we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed at the North Ocean Hotel a week ago with my boyfriend ,we were only went to Blackpool for one day and night and wanted somewhere nice to stay. After reading a lot of reviews I picked the North Ocean, we were not disappointed. We walked from the North Pier train station which did not seem like a great idea at the time but we walked back to train station on our way home as once we knew were to go it was not a bad walk plus the weather was nice so we didn't mind taking a little stroll. When we arrived we were quickly checked in by a very friendly Wayne. We stayed in one of the suites which had a sea front view and overlooked the balcony. The room was lovely absolutely spotless ( I have stayed in suites in Vegas which were not as well looked after) the room was spacious with a lovely en-suit bathroom accommodated with a bath and shower. The following morning, I was too hungover to eat breakfast but my boyfriend had a full English which he thoroughly enjoyed and looked delicious. There is a tram stop just outside the hotel that is easy to hop on and off to get around Blackpool or if you fancy a stroll is within walking distance to the North Pier. We were made instantly welcome by Wayne and would definitely stay here again and would definitely recommend this hotel to friends.

Sophie & David

Room Tip: I would definitely recommending getting a suite for the extra space and sea front view.
1  Thank sl1990
David D, Owner at North Ocean Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Many thanks for a great review Sophie and David, we remember you well and appreciate your kind words. One night or five, we treat all guests the same and make everyone welcome. Look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed overnight on Saturday as we were going to see Mamma Mia. I think the hotel lived up to the good reviews and Wayne made us feel really welcome. Our room was clean and the breakfast was yummy. Thanks Wayne and staff and I hope you continue to do well x

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
David D, Reception at North Ocean Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for the wonderful review. We will always make nice guests such as yourselves feel so welcome at the hotel. It's a team effort from all the staff front and back of house (I only work on reception, smile and occasionally cook bacon!) but we all take pride in what we are doing here at the hotel. Thanks once again and see you again soon! Wayne on Reception