“Lovely hotel,really freindly”

Ranked #360 of 856 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Chirk, Wales, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel,really freindly”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

My Husband and I stayed for a weeks holiday, the food and atmosphere was great. nice and quiet, ,And only a short distance to all Ameneties. will be visiting again soon.The rooms were comfortable and warm. full breakfast every morning and four course evening meals.room cleaned every day. sitting room was light and comfortable.penny and Philip were very helpful on attractions and where to visit.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Quick visit to Blackpool on way south with overnight stay at the Holmsdale.
The hotel was pleasant quiet and friendly. The bed was comfortable. Having never been to Blackpool before the owners were helpful about where to go and what to do. We had a good english breakfast before leaving in the morning to continue our journey.

Room Tip: The superior rooms on the front are roomy and face south
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Ayr, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Holmsdale Hotel 4th-8th jan and may I say I had a great time.
(very very glad) with my choice to use this hotel .On entering reception I found information ,whats on in blackpool
second only to a tourist information centre .
my room was very clean and decorated to a high standard.
the hosts were perfect and could not have done more to make my stay perfect.
location was great bus and trams a short way from the hotel.
l

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2012

We have not visited blackpool for 8 yrs myself and my husband plus my sister and her husband chose to go for the wkend and catch a football match in preston on the saturday. On arrival at the holmsdale we was welcomed by the west highland terrier, unfortunatley the terrier could not direct us to the nearest convienience as one of our party was desperatley in need of a convenience, so he chose to find it for himself, in the mean time who we think was the proprieter has he never introduced himself arrived he proceeded to take us to our rooms but we told him we need to wait for one of our party has he has gone in search of a convienince he proceeded to tell us in a curt manner if he had held it and waited he has a convienince in his room. We was taken to our room, room 8 which we paid 56.00 a night for and the bedroom itself was small and cramped and needed decorating and modernising, the bathroom was very poor the toilet flush we fought with constantly and would,nt flush anything away without flushing and flushing !!! The shower was very dated and took at least 10 mins to regulate it so you did not scold yourself or freeze in the shower, the floor covering was lino very old lino which was stained with what i would say was rust but wasnt rust because it was lino so dont know what it was? Breakfast was basic soggy fried bread and hash browns,bacon and egg was ok, but it was presumed we all drink tea & coffee which was not the case and we felt awkward asking for more juice. The customer service skills were extremely poor no one was ever available to complain to. The bell may well have not been there as no one answered it,while we was there new guest arrived which we let in and they rang and rang and no one came so they left to walk around and come back later, This guest house did not have your run of the mill youngsters it was catered for the older clientele and the youngest in our group was 44 and 4 respectable individuals. When checking out the only person available was the terrier and a small child sat in the dinning room.. so the keys were just left on the top of a bureau in the hall, a few moments later who we thought was the proprietor came out i told him no one was there to take the keys and where they had been left we got no thank you and i hope you enjoyed your stay which we didn,t, i walked away and did not complain has i felt this would have turned into a confrontation. Blackpool was very good, preston very good, the holmsdale stay away.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank joannemash
Peajaybee, Owner at Holmsdale Hotel, responded to this review, 23 October 2012
Like most dogs the westie always thinks if the doorbell rings it must be for him so he often beats me ther but usually only by a few seconds
They have come in unannounced and before i can answer the bel (a matter of seconds) one of them has taken himself off to find a loo. I suggested it would have been quicker to go to their room. I am sure if I walked into there property unannounced and wandered of to the loo without asking they would find that strange!
The bell works and one of us will answer it as soon as possible when it is rang.
Orange juice is readily available all they have to do is ask if they want more. its quite a common occurrence.
The floor in the bathroom is actually stone tiles.
Yes apparently there was a problem with the toilet flush but they chose not to mention it so we were unaware. It has since been fixed.
The small child was my 6 month old grandson sitting on the floor while my daughter was laying up the dining room so she would have been no more than a few feet away from him.
Farnham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Stayed for a weekend we are a mature couple so didn't want to be where it was too noisey this was ideal near bus and tram stops but also not too far to walk to the centre of town. Run by a very friendly couple able to advise us of what was on and good places to visit, room a little small ours was at the side so no outlook only next door guest house needed to have the light on even in the day time but it was not a problem, very good shower everything very clean slept well and lovely fresh home cooked breakfast each morning. Would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012
Reviewed 15 October 2012 via mobile

We've just got back from a long weekend we are a party of four and this is far the best that we have stayed in very clean. Breakfast is fantastic and the evening meal equally has good. Now that we've discovered the Homesdale this is the only place that we will consider stopping at we've been many times to Blackpool but this is the best. The owners are friendly what a lovely family. Thank you for a fantastic stay and we can't wait to return. Karen

• Stayed October 2012
St Helens, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 October 2012

The owner was miserable, rude and pig ignorant, did not welcome us at all, we were just asked "name ?" and what do you want for breakfast. Room 23 was in dire need of decorating, the whole room was dated an the springs where visable on the beds. Thought what the heck we're only here for 2 nights. Got in at 12 15, put the tv on and there was no volume,my son had texted me and asked me to go on facetime on my ipad to wish me happy birthday there was no information in the room or in the reception regarding the wi-fi password so i rang for attention in the foyer. The owner came out and was fuming with me for disturbing his sleep, he barked out the password like a sergeant major wouldnt take the trouble to go and write it down. Condensation running down the window, cold and damp, dents and holes in the door. Went for breakfast, apart from maybe 2 other couples who seemed our age(45-55) it resembled a nursing home, no morning greeting, nothing. The owner came to our table to publicly berate and humiliate me for disturbing his sleep at 12.40. It was so unprofessional and disrespectful i had to restrain my partner from verbally abusing him. He is clearly in the wrong business if he expects a undisturbed sleep from 11pm onwards, maybe a boot camp job would suit him. Told everyone i know not to go there.

Room Tip: dont stay in room 23, thermals are required.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jackie T
Peajaybee, Owner at Holmsdale Hotel, responded to this review, 13 October 2012
Booked at short notice arrived with no paperwork, told me they had a booking but did not introduce their selves. Had to ask them their name so I could find there booking a show them to their room. My wife and I were woken in the night by her asking for the wifi code. being woken for an emergency if fine but this is very unreasonable behavior. If it was that desperate she had all the previous evening to find it out. She was then hopping around reception like she was on drugs saying got to write it down over and over again. The code is so simple a 2 year old could remember it.
Then the morning she walks in to the dining room past me and everyone else with the i pad glued to the end of her nose and sat down and continued to use it. that I consider is bad manners. I asked her if she was attached to it and told her I was not impressed with being woken for something so trivial. When they checked out they were going to leave without paying thinking they had paid on line. If she is keen on the i pad perhaps she should check her emails properly.