“older party”

Bay Liberty's on the Square Hotel
Ranked #28 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 21 March 2013

i was there for a long weekend at this hotel a party of 6 me being the youngest (ha ha) the only downside to this hotel was that we were there for st patrick's night and there was no entertainment on at all. The other 2 acts on friday and saturday were very good but cant understand nothing on the sunday. Apart from that it was a very enjoyable weekend especially as it was 4 drinks per person per night which was very good.Bar staff were especially friendly always smiling and our waiter in dining room Dominic was very good and polite very helpful with our food queries.The hotel could do with having a bit of t.l.c.

Room Tip: if you have mobility problems at time of booking let them know
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank b6687
russell_bradshaw, Manager at Bay Liberty's on the Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

Thank you for your review and your positive comments regarding staff, I will be sure to pass on as they never tire of good feedback. This time of year we don’t have entertainment on a Sunday night due to the fact it is normally a quieter night, this is monitored/reviewed as necessary.

There are newer reviews for Bay Liberty's on the Square Hotel

Reviewed 16 March 2013

Just retuned from 5 day break midweek break with Shearings coach holiday traveled as a couple staying at Liberty's hotel blackpool 11/3 15/3 2yrs since we stayed there standards have deteriorated in some areas I.e chipped crockery in dining ( check your large salad plates ) not very clean In the lift and lift area Dining and bar staff very good entertainment a bit hit and miss special mention for Rob. My wife thought his hot chocolate drinks were the bees knees BryanG.

Room Tip: Room 314 very quiet
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Bryan G

Thank you for your review I will pass on your positive comments regarding the dining room and bar staff. I am sorry if you had a chipped plate and assure you that I will look into this. Our lift area and lift are cleaned at least twice in a 24 hour period so you comments regarding cleanliness in this area do shock me, I do find your comments regarding the deterioration of standards in some areas very harsh? from your last visit we are the same team and still give 100%. We receive great comments from guest’s generally, I only wish that you had given me the opportunity to address your issues whilst you were at the hotel.

Reviewed 3 March 2013

This was a repeat visit to Libertys Hotel for us and once again the staff were very helpful and friendly. The Hotel is an old building so one has to expect a certain 'creakiness' of the floors etc. However, our room was OK, lots of hot water (I must admit I didn't like the look of the shower head at first but it performed better than I thought it would), meals were fine (not fine dining but then we weren't paying fine dining prices!), with good service, ample portions and hot plates.
The Hotel is in a good position from which to explore Blackpool. We were on a Shearings Tour but didn't go on the day outing to Oswaldtwistle Mills as we had visited there before.
We rode on the new trams, visited the Tower Ballroom (yes I did live up to my username and dance there) and we also enjoyed the early sunshine with walks along the sea front. We also joined the coach for a very enjoyable trip to Southport.
The Hotel entertainment was good with the resident host Michael giving us lots of very useful information and the two visiting acts Bruce McLaren & Clare Louise Morris were superb. Bruce pleased us all with his marvellous Musical Theatre voice and Clare had us in stitches.
The only slight grumble about the hotel is that the beds really do need replacing as they are old and not very comfortable. [Reception will always give out an extra blanket on request which you can lay over the mattress, making it feel a bit less lumpy].
However, this holiday was very enjoyable and really good value for money. I'm sure we will be visiting yet again.

3  Thank Seasidedancer
russell_bradshaw, Manager at Bay Liberty's on the Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2013

Hi seasidedancer thank you for another positive review after your recent stay with us here in Blackpool. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and that the value for money word is used again by another guest. Bottom line is we are a value for money company so for the vast majority of our guests to say we are means we are providing what we are advertising.
Best wishes and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 3 March 2013

hi there guys this is jamie and daisy here who stayed with you a few months ago when me and daisy stayed at your hotel we really loved it it was a shirings holiday i loved it the place is amazing great value for money so as for people saying the hotel is going down hill its not yes the floor boreds are qreeky but so what its an old building i really love the hotel and i will be traveling back again in the very near future i love the room and bar and everything about the hotel would like to thank the staff and the host we had he was so funny he was a great singer aswell write back to me would really love to here from you all there at liberty,s hotel jamie and daisy barnnet

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Jamie H

Hi Jamie and Daisy and thank you for your great comments after your stay with us. I will pass on your review to all the team at our next meeting and I am sure they will be as pleased as me with your posting.

Best wishes and see you soon.

Reviewed 26 February 2013

The room was very tired and dated. The bathroom had more than its fair share of mold. It needed a good clean. The floorboards very squeaky. The dining room and lounge area where ok. The entertainment was a bit boring and there was no entertainment at all on the Sunday. The waiter service was excellent as was the bar and cleaning staff all very friendly. The food was very basic.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank denise w
russell_bradshaw, Manager at Bay Liberty's on the Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

We are sorry to hear that you were not totally satisfied after your recent stay. We view every comment seriously all of your comments will be looked into. Yes some of our rooms are a little dated and we are slowly improving where we can but all should be cleaned to a high standard, it does surprise me that the bathroom is in need of a good clean. I can assure you if you had brought any issues to the attention of me or my team my housekeeper would have been up immediately to inspect and take action if necessary. Our menu choice and quality of food gets great feedback so again I am a little surprised by your basic food comment. Thank you for your excellent comments regarding the service and the friendly staff.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Third time of staying at this hotel. Staff very friendly and welcoming. Entertainment excellent! Food always good. One member of our party had special dietary requirements and we were pleasantly surprised to find his menu noted for suitable food at each meal. - Very thoughtful. As mentioned by other reviewers the hotel is a little tired in places but I consider it to be very good value for money and will be returning. The only down side is that there appears to be a problem with hot water at about 6-7 pm. I assume this is due to short period - high demand.
The hotel is perfectly placed to walk to the busier areas of Blackpool whilst not being too noisy. Would recommend for a great short break.

3  Thank Denise G

Hi Denise G thank you for your positive review. We work hard to cater for all dietary requirements your great comments are very much appreciated by the kitchen and restaurant team. Value for money is our aim so again we have another satisfied customer. Strange about the hot water comments as we never have a problem even in high demand but I will get maintenance to check the shower etc.

Reviewed 23 February 2013

We have just come back from a 5 day coach holiday with Shearings.
Excellent entertainment with plenty of seats - no need to rush evening meal!! Food good with a good choice. Very good waiter service, always had a smile for us. The only down side was the bathroom. Clean but was worn out. Very little hot water. Taps and showerscreen needed replacing.
Overall excellent value for money. Would certainly go back again.

6  Thank lawrencewhite2

It’s great to read another posting entitled Excellent Value, this is our target and another satisfied customer puts a big smile on our faces.