“not as i expected”

Bay Liberty's on the Square Hotel
Ranked #29 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 17 March 2014

just had a three night stay at libertys on the square blackpool , hotel bar area dark and gloomy ,nicest part of hotel was the dining room ,areas of hotel in need of painting and glossing ,very very creaky floorboards very noisy ,food was nice ,staff very nice, entertainment was acceptable, bedroom was clean tho furniture bit dated. there is nothing a lick of paint couldnt put right,apart from noisy floorboards.

Room Tip: go for seaview room
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lynn B
186PeterS186, General Manager at Bay Liberty's on the Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Hi and thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.
I am pleased you enjoyed most aspects of your stay and found the staff very helpful.
We do have a on-going refurbishment plan that we are working on which has seen the staircase corridor and the restaurant corridors painted, we aim to complete the decorating by the summer.

Once again thank you for your review, and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

We stayed last year and I wrote a review on it. The staff are still very pleasant, the service is good and the room is clean and nice. Yes it still has creaking floors and stairs, some of the boards do sink a bit. The food this time let it down, the breakfast seemed to be over cooked, bacon was salty, my tomato was black round the edge, the egg was dry and the hash brown was not good. Some of the potatoes were slightly black and earthy, these were covered in a coating. Fish on the first night was nice, Starters were good and so were deserts. Last year we had vouchers for drinks for two nights this was cut down to one, as the drinks are a bit pricey we went out on the first night, the second night, we stayed in. Entertainment was ok, but the singer was a bit dated for our liking. But it's still value for money and it's a shame that if more care had been taken with the food, the review would be better, and we know you can do better because last year the food was very good!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Brett N
186PeterS186, General Manager at Bay Liberty's on the Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

I'm sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay as much as last year, The comments about the food do surprise me as its the same Head Chef as last year but if our high standards of food quality were not met I do apologise for this.
I'm pleased that you found the team to be very helpful and will be sure to discuss this review with the team.

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, and we would like to see you back at the Liberty's in the near future.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

My wife & I stayed here for the first time in March 2014, with Shearings.
Blessed with good weather we had a great time. As with a lot of Bay Hotels, its the owners that let the staff down? The staff, from Scotland down to Plymouth manage to give you the warmest welcome, the best service. A 5* service.
With this in mind, shall we see the good bits & the not so good bits?....

The good bits!!!:
* The staff, mention to Peter? ( on reception). In the restaurant, Patrick, Thomas were polite & helpful. Also the guys at the bar. Thanks to you.
* The food!! Faultless, varied & tasty. Cooked to perfection. Thanks Guys.
* Location? Excellent. Easy reach of all the main stuff. Impressed with that.
* Entertainment? Again excellent for our stay. Varied, talented entertainers, with bingo thrown in!?

Now on to the bad bits. Please note, these comments are reflective on the state of the building & NOT directed at the staff.

* We stayed on the third floor. Don't!! Every inch of this floor creaks as people walk on it. You WILL be woken throughout the night. Even by another guest in the next room turning in their bed.
* At peak times, there is NO hot water. However, at 04.30- 0600 & 15.30-16.50 its like molten lava.
* The beds are worn out! Old quilt covers serve as mattress protectors. The carpets are worn, with duck-tape being the only pattern on them.
* "Added note". I noticed, that now in Bay Hotels, you can, at a price, up-grade to a room that you should have had in the first place.!

With all that said, its six of one & a half a dozen of the other?
The staff MAKE this hotel. My thanks goes to them for a jolly stay... :)

Room Tip: Avoid the third floor!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Ranger297

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your recent stay with us.
I'm delighted to see you enjoyed your stay and found the service by the staff 5*, And I will pass on your kind comments to the team.

Bay Hotels do invest a lot of finances into our on-going refurbishment plan, which will see another 16 bedrooms refurbished this year a long with a refit of the whole 3rd floor corridor.

We do hope you visit again and witness these changes for yourself.

Once again thank you for your review.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

We recently had a short stay at libertys .for what we paid it was excellent value for money
The staff were extremely welcoming and helpful, the rooms were clean comfy and warm,the meals were delicious with lots to choose from for all tastes.
Entertainment on all 3 nights was excellent and we had free drinks on the gala Saturday night
So what more could you wish for
I left my dressing gown and mobile charger in my room and when I phoned up about them they were only too happy to return them by post to me .this amazed me because I have left stuff in other hotels before and seldom have they turned up .so three cheers for all at libertys hip hip hurray,,, well done guys on all accounts.
So try out Libertys all who read this ,for what you pay ,you wont be disappointed.

Room Tip: Choose a low floor near a lift for convenience
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tazzaho

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review.
I am really pleased you enjoyed all aspects of your stay, Especially the friendly staff and home cooked food. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team and JJ our entertainments host. My team will be delighted to read your review.

Once again thank you for your review, and we hope to see you soon back at the Liberty's.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Had a great 4 nights stay, Peter couldn't have been more helpful, all staff very friendly, food was good, yes the hotel is a little tired, but staff & entertainment made up for that, re comments that this is the worst hotel, all I can say is those who think that need to get out more often.
Thankyou to the staff for making our stay lovely.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi and thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.
I'm delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us and really pleased that you found the staff to be really helpful, I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the team.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Had a great weekend, food very good, entertainment excellent. Room 207 nice sea veiw, bit tired but satisfactory. Would use again. .
Can't see what other people are moaning about,for the money paid its good value and you got the Sunday night free if you wanted it

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
186PeterS186, General Manager at Bay Liberty's on the Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

May I firstly thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at the Liberty's.
I am really pleased you had a great weekend with us, and that you enjoyed the food and entertainment. I will be sure to pass on your great feedback to the team.

Once again thank you for your review, and we all hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Stayed here from 3rd March for 5 days from the food been good to the friendly staff, the entertainment was excellant especially Clare Louise ,How anyone can say that this is the worst Hotel in Blackpool I do not know

Room Tip: Do not get room 108 it is next to stairs noisy
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank BrianHebburn

Hi and thank so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.
I am delighted to read that you really enjoyed your stay with us and I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the team.

We hope to see you again in the near future..

Kind Regards