“Changed.....”

Bay Liberty's on the Square Hotel
Ranked #28 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Previously been here and saw the cabaret show which was excellent so decided to stay here for 2 nights to catch the show Fri then go elsewhere sat. However,there is no cabaret show anymore. Had I been aware of this then I wouldn't have booked and would have got a cheaper b&b somewhere. There is a singer and a host. They did
a great job saying there was
only about 6 people in the bar area. The hotel is clean and the reception staff are very pleasant. The food offer is ok but we felt rushed. Orders were taken as soon as you sat down and the next course brought as soon as one was cleared. Not really a relaxed and leisurely affair when you're having a few days away.It cost me £158 for a 2 night stay for 2 people. I wouldn't return at that price.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank cazza128
186PeterS186, General Manager at Bay Liberty's on the Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Hi and thank you for your review.
Its pleasing to see you enjoyed most aspects of your stay with us, and I will be sure to pass on your positive comments to the team.

I hope you do visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I had a girly weekend away here last weekend and I had an absolutely fantastic stay. The general age of the visitors to this hotel are around 70+ so we felt a bit like a sore thumb on occasion but they were cheerful, this hotel is not for hens and stag dos. The staff were very pleasant, the food was very good with lots of options. The entertainment had us in tears of laughter and enjoyment, albeit the price of the bar was quite high, but that was the vodka. We discovered that a JD and a shandy cost half the price! Anyway, the rooms were very pleasant and spacious with a beautiful view. Patrick especially in the restaurant was very attentive and remembered everything we ordered from the last few days. The exterior is very old and the rooms are dated but comfortable, do not be put off from the outside.The location is fantastic as it is tucked away from the main town but right on the sea front with the pier in walking distance. One of us needed a wheelchair in an emergency and the reception were fantastic about it and let us hire one out which made such a difference to our break which meant we didn't have to leave someone behind. An all round brilliant stay and I would absolutely recommend it and come again!

Room Tip: Worth paying extra for a sea view as it is beautiful, especially in the morning
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank HaleyJ1

Hi thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.
I'm delighted to read your positive review and I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the team.

We hope to see you again here at the Liberty's.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

my wife and i have just returned from am great 5 bay break at the Bay Liberty Hotel in Blackpool .
We found the staff at this hotel to be very helpful from the reception staff to the restaurant and bar staff Our waiter Domonic was very quick in serving at meal times and the meals were good.
Entertainment at the Liberty is first class and we would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank charles p
186PeterS186, General Manager at Bay Liberty's on the Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Hi
Thank you for taking the time to post such a great review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your
stay at Liberty's as reviews like yours make all our hard work worth while. I will be sure to pass on your kind remarks to my staff who will be greatly pleased. Hope to see you again in the near future.

Many thanks Peter

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Yes we have been before, and we like it, creaky floorboards and all.
Never heard other room's floorboards, so don't worry about it.
This was a 5 day trip with Shearings
They do need to watch out for black mould in the bathrooms though, maybe better quality vent fans would do it
This is not a four star hotel, and doesn't pretend to be.
What it does offer is good plain food, friendly service, clean environment, an excellent bar and lounge area (although a bit pricey - Buy drinks vouchers if you like a tipple or three).
The hotel was only half full when we went, so the audience for the entertainment was very small, making it very difficult to create an atmosphere.
We enjoyed this break, and will return

Room Tip: Said it before - pay a bit more for a better room, maybe with a sea view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John M
186PeterS186, General Manager at Bay Liberty's on the Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.
I'm really glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the team. We pride ourselves on a good quality break which is value for money and I am delighted you agree.

We hope to see you again here at the Liberty's

Regards

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Do not be put off by the bland appearance of the hotel from the outside as once you check in
you are in for a great holiday.The Receptionist was first class and gave a warm friendly welcome
and explained everything to perfection.I was allocated a room on the second floor with option of lift or stairs and opted for the latter as only had a small case.Was a bit apprehensive as the carpets
and wallpaper on the journey up to the room were a little dated to say the least.
After a struggle to open the old fashioned door with my key I was greeted with what can
be only described as an exceptional room.Not only a magnificent sea view,excellent furniture
with matching curtains and bed linen but a magnificent ceiling with excellent bathroom.
With only ten minutes to spare it was time for dinner in the restaurant which is situated on the ground floor In short the service was first class ,the staff polite and friendly,with a choice
of three options for starters,main course and desserts.My only problem was deciding on what was an excellent menu but when it arrived all three courses were spot on and scored ten out of ten everything cooked to perfection. With out going in to detail it was an excellent meal one of the best I have had. However my only gripe was there was not a wine list on the table or a any
stage was I offered a drink except for water whereas Stella or indeed white wine is my preferred tipple especially with cheese and biscuits.
After dinner I went to the very posh function room for the evenings entertainment which as you would expect was a good old fashioned singer which kept the residents well entertained.
The residents in the the time I stayed here were on the older side of life but certainly seemed to enjoy themselves.While the vending machines in the gents will not need restocking with this crowd they certainly had a great night taking advantage of the double spirit offers.
There was no rush to finish your drinks off and they played background music till you staggered
up stairs.Breakfast was on par with the dinner first class brilliant.Do not want to sound like a moaner but would like to see both breakfast times and dinner times when you can enjoy what
was a magnificent experience expanded by an hour as not everyone wants to eat six thirty till
seven thirty times have changed.Also do not do water just stella and white wine.
Thanks for a brilliant time.

Room Tip: Room at front of hotel for sea view .No noise from outside as isolated area but internal walls are...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank simon186478
186PeterS186, General Manager at Bay Liberty's on the Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Hi and thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.
I am delighted to read your detailed review and to see you enjoyed yourself with us, and I will be sure to discuss your positive review with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Liberty's in the near future.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We have just returned from a 5 day Shearings holiday break at this hotel where we found the staff were really good. Nothing seemed too much trouble and they were all very freindly and helpful we felt we had really been looked after. I would also say that the service in the restaurant was fast, very efficient and we could not have been treated any better. It was so good to be treated with such respect which doesn't always happen when on these coach holidays. Our thanks to all the staff for a wonderful 5 days.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gladys w
186PeterS186, General Manager at Bay Liberty's on the Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.
I am delighted you enjoyed your break with us, and it is also pleasing to read your positive comments about the team.
I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the team.

We hope to welcome you back to the Liberty's hotel very soon.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Returned to Liberty's again for another weekend break and it was the same standard as last time with good food and service and nice comfortable room. My only comment really is that the party weekend gala meal was just the same as usual with the addition of an extra course which was a scoop of lemon sorbet!! Can see what they are trying to do but they should reintroduce the bay inclusive offer as 4 free drinks on both nights would have been better. I doubt anything would put me off staying in this hotel as it is such good value in such a good location.

Room Tip: Makes no odds what room you get really they are all on the same par
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JKN101
186PeterS186, General Manager at Bay Liberty's on the Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent break with us.
I am delighted to read that you really enjoyed your stay with us, and I will be sure to pass your kind comments to the team.
We do Bay Inclusive on Monday to Fridays through the winter months so maybe that would be better for you.

Thanks for your review, and we hope to see you soon back at the Liberty's.