“11th August 2014”

Ranked #705 of 911 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Redcar, England, United Kingdom
“11th August 2014”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed here Thursday till Monday with a large group of friends, the hotel staff were very welcoming, friendly, polite, interesting and were willing to engage conversation. Stayed in the attic room which was very spacious and clean. The room had a lovely view of the whole of Blackpool seafront however, it was quite hard to see that view due to the condensation on the windows. The toilets and shower were clean but quite cramped however they were in good condition. Breakfast was very pleasing, and Cameron, knowing i was a vegetarian was very generous and bought vegetarian sausages which i hope will be getting added to the menu! On the nights it was very quiet and there was no expected time to be in the hotel for, however as only two keys were given between four people, sometimes we had a problem of getting locked out, but were back inside in no time. overall, i think this is a very smashing hotel, i would definitely recommend it. i have totally enjoyed my stay at Lolly's hotel and hopefully will be returning next year.

Room Tip: for a family of four, the attic rooms are very spacious and have a lovely view.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
LollysHotel, Owner at Lolly's Hotel, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you for your kind review and feedback, I am Glad your visit to Lolly's Hotel was memorable and met your expectations. I look forward to seeing you again hopefully, in the near future. Kind Regards Mr Cameron

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

booked a 2 night short break with my 2 older sons , accommodation was excellent for the money, rooms were clean and tidy although a little basic with a tv .parking available.breakfast was tasty with plenty of choice .staff were helpful and efficient in service. cameron was very polite interesting and a great host.overall a great value for money hotel if looking for good location competitive price and a top host. well worth looking up.we will be coming again very soon.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights and can't fault it at all. Such a nice breakfast with good selection both mornings. Very good location up the street from tower and all sight seeing. Mr cameron was really friendly. service was good and rooms very clean.

• Stayed July 2014
Welwyn, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Having read so many glowing and 5 star reviews on here and seeing how close Lolly's was to both Blackpool North train station(a mere 6-7 minute walk) and also being close to the Winter Garden/Opera House because I was seeing Mamma Mia (5 minute walk away) I booked Lolly's for a 2 night stay.
It is also very close to the Tower,Pleasure beach (6-7 minute walk) but in a very quiet road so there is none of the usual rowdiness other places just 1 street away had.

It all started out very promisingly with Mr Cameron being super friendly and helpful at check in.He offered to carry my small case up to my ensuite room (Room number 1) but I carried it myself.He looked around the room and spotted some water on the bathroom window sill as the window had been open and immediately got it cleaned.
The room was just fine with a big flat screen tv on the wall and a VERY comfortable bed and pillows.. one of the most comfortable I have slept in in a long time.

Breakfast the next morning being a sunday was from 8am - 10am and was brilliant and I could definitely recommend THAT breakfast.The food was freshly cooked and hot and a good choice.Cereals and fresh fruit and yoghurt available.

Sadly this is where my stay then went totally downhill.

I left at 11am to spend the day out and returned at 10.15pm.On my return my room was exactly the same as when I had left at 11am.It had not been cleaned/serviced.Nobody had been in there.
So used towels,a full rubbish bin,unmade bed etc etc.

There are signs up and in the book in the room saying the bar is open until 11pm but when i got back at 10.15pm it was all locked up and all the lights out and reception also locked so there was nobody I could complain to.

Breakfast monday - friday is 7 am - 9am which was just perfect as my train back to London was 8.30am.
I went down for breakfast at 7.40 to find that the dining room/bar was still locked and dark as it had been the night before and so was the reception area so there was again nobody to speak to.
When I checked in Mr Cameron said breakfast was 8am-10am ( as my first breakfast was on sunday morning).
When I asked if that was the same time on monday he said - no monday to friday is 7am-9am.
I was glad about that and told him that was brilliant because my train was 8.30 am and I would require my breakfast by 7.45am at the latest.He repeated again 7am-9am.
I got the impression there were not many people staying there on the sunday evening - possibly me being the ONLY guest (but I obviously can not say for certain)which may be why the bar had been closed the night before.

There are only 3 things I look for once I have chosen a place to stay - 1) Good/friendly service 2) a clean room that gets cleaned and 3) Breakfast if you advertise breakfast in the package.. sadly 2) and 3) were non existent in my stay and this is totally inexcusable in my book.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
8 Thank lmfherts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is great really enjoyed my stay.

Not to far from the beach

The rooms are nice and neat

Shower facilities are great

Dining area is tidy

And it was great getting to know Cameron.

The service was excellent and really pleased with my time and would like to come back.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kieran P
Oldham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed here for the weekend and was very happy,the room was very clean and comfortable we had plenty of brewing up stuff the beds were really comfy, mr cameron was always asking if we needed anything and made us feel really welcome,he made the perfect breakfast without hesitation also lots of choice, i would definatley stay here again and would definatley recommend it thankyou very much for making our stay a good 1 see you next time we are there,,,Jane,Jess and Shirley :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
LollysHotel, Owner at Lolly's Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank you for your kind review and feedback, I am Glad your visit to Lolly's Hotel was memorable and met your expectations. I look forward to seeing you again hopefully in the near future. Kind Regards Mr Cameron
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in may for a friends birthday weekend and we couldnt of been happier! The rooms were clean and comfortable! (Yes its not the ritz... but for the great affordable rates they are lovely!) The breakfast was very nice and its location meant everythin was a short walk away! But the best thing about this hotel was the owner cameron! He just couldnt do enough for you! Very friendly, very genuine and made the stay very comfortable! He definately goes above and beyond to keep his guests happy =) we have all said we will all definately b returning again and cant thank cameron enough for making our stay so lovely. Theres nothing better than walking into a hotel to be greeted by a friendly face rather than a snooty receptionist or owner! Thanks again cameron! See you soon kelly stacie kerry leanne and rach =)

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends