First of al my mistake as i drove past this place and thought it would be nice for a few nights. Lesson always go in, the pictures on the web page are so misleading.
I would have checked out after the first day but to be honest just could not be bothered to trek cases across town again. The front desk there is one delightful blond lady who was very helpful on the Tuesday morning she could train the other ladies , the staff are rushed off their feet and do the bar reception and anything else going, it has a Faulty Towers feel about the whole place, Its dark really needs knocking down and starting again or at least a re paint. Walls are filthy and really sad state
My room looked ok when i first walked in and had a nice sea view. But when i went for a quick shower the water hit me in one hard stream there was no shower head on. i was soaked all over had to re dry my hair. When i went down to complain there was no apology just ill get that fixed .
And in fairness it was done when i got back a few hours later.
Next i noticed there where loads of Daddy long legs on the roof and on the table, I asked for the room to be sprayed.. Woman said it was the change of weather brings them in she would see what she can do , but she was busy. I told her that since i was not staying in the jungle the amount of wild life was not expectable . Some seven hours later i returned to be told she had been too busy to spray the room but had been in a looked at the room, the porter coming in would deal with it in half an hour. So i asked for the insect spray to do it myself , she declined and said the porter would do it. So i waited up and three quarter of an hour later he came and sprayed the room , with the cap off covering the bed in insect spray. There are still dead insects on the celling the cleaner has failed to clean up the insects .
Breakfast they lady seemed very confused when i said i was vegetarian , but it was adequate noisy and does not start till 8 30, so i guess no business person would stay here twice so need to cater for early risers..
With tourism struggling in Blackpool , this prime location with great views really needs to up its game it's just sad that a business can be so clueless. Far better to remove all what they thing is a French look get rid of the dusty cushions and tired bed spread and go a for a clean white look all over giving a hygienic modern look, if your going for french flare make sure you have the cleaning staff and budget to update it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the fashionable North Promenade, The Parisienne Hotel not only offers a friendly welcome but value for money and fantastic home-cooked food, a stone's throw away from Blackpool's many shops, bars and attractions - the hotel is in a prime location for all your needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Parisienne Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parisienne Hotel Blackpool
- Royal York Hotel Blackpool