“Excellent value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Parisienne Hotel

Parisienne Hotel
Ranked #66 of 72 Hotels in Blackpool
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

It was with a mixture of excited trepidstion and dread that my chums and I checked in for our one night stay at (la) Parisienne. But I have to say that by the time we checked out the following morning the vast amount of comment was all positive. My room (509) was petite, but perfectly adequate for my needs. A comfy single bed, two pillows, clean towels and shower / soap; a powerful shower that I could get to warm, but I'm sure could get to hot with a bit of practice and more patience. The room was toasty, actually a bit too much for me, but a big window meant a cool breeze and a good night's sleep. Breakfast was served from 8.30 and was pretty decent - cereal, fry up, toast, coffee, orange juice. All perfectly decent.
But key to a big thumbs up for la Parisienne was the quality service. The young man at reception could not have been more helpful in assisting us to find the best curry house in town. He spent some time on t'interweb finding the restaurant, then providing directions. We ate handsomely due to his help. Then, at breakfast, the two waitresses were most attentive and lovely. We left perfectly satisfied. The Parisienne was just what we needed and will be top of our list for a repeat next year.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Dumfries, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

Paid & booked for 2 nights, however after the first night we left the hotel. The first problem was the lack of shower in the room so we had to bath before heading out. Once we were in the bath the smell of damp was sickening. Massive cracks at side of Bath. As we tried to sleep the room was roasting, we couldn't turn the heating down & when we tried to call reception the phone would not work. We opened the window & enjoyed listening to people shouting, pigeons & sirens all night (not hotels fault I suppose). The bedding also had cigarette burns on it. The hotel advertises parking but there is only room for 8 cars so we ended up paying for parking along from the hotel. The staff were friendly & breakfast was OK. Just not enough to make us want to endure another night!

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank ollielew26

Travellers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

For the price I feel the hotel/room was fine, small but clean and to get tiffany entertainment as well was stop on. The singer were great, bar staff friendly felt the reception staff in tiffany could have been friendlier Koula was the only polite one. I would stay here again

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Hayl1976
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

We are frequent travellers to Blackpool and have stayed in the Parisienne's sister hotel Tiffany's last year.
Although the hotel isn't as 'plush' as Tiffany's, we had a brilliant weekend and I have to say the staff were fantastic.
Whilst we were there one of the guests celebrated their 30th Birthday. I had e-mailed the hotel (Howard) on several occasions to organise a party. Howard was extremely helpful in organising everything and it was a fantastic success.
The breakfast was really nice and was served by very obliging waiter's/waitresses. Overall we were made to feel very welcome and nothing was too much trouble for the hard working staff.
Apart from Howard, a special mention to Jo on reception, Trevor the 'night watchman' and Mark the chef, all of whom went out of their way to ensure we had a good time. Oh yes, and Emma from Tiffany's who did EVENTUALLY bring the sellotape down to us.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Paul_Davis2014
durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

my wife and i have just spent another xmas in the parisienne . the food and entertainment was first class our stay was great as it always has been all the staff worked really hard and always had a smile .i see no reason to go anywhere else so happy new year to all and hope to see you all again soon

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank james723
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

I was booked in to this hotel for a night next year with booking.com. I had to change my booking - couldn't make the date. Still get charged in full - although this was stated in terms and conditions, it's really annoying that they won't waive that fee. Shall not be staying with them or any other hotel in the group, what a shame they couldn't be more flexible. They have lost a customer.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sally P
Peebles, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

On the positive this hotel was warm and clean with friendly staff.

However my bedroom was rather tired, polystyrene ceiling tiles were badly sagged and room smelt and looked a little damp. Towel holder disintegrated in front of me and cleaner who had asked if ok to clean while I was still in room, I agreed as was almost ready to go for my Sunday wander around Blackpool. Pillows felt marginally damp, they may have just been cold, staff did put in an electric radiator to stay warm and temperature was fine from then on.

I had dinner here on arrival and was ok, very good value for money, friendly waiter.

I had asked that my TV be tuned as not a single channel was working. It looked a brand spanking new tv? I came back to just Sky news tuned, but after 15 mins playing around with remote myself I had managed to sort, was quite pleased with myself as usually hopeless about these things, wouldn't have been happy just to get Sky News.

Breakfast first morning was ok. 2nd morning really basic, was given just horrible bacon and sausage, nothing else as didn't want the tinned tomato or beans. No eggs due to chef dealing with an emergency. I felt like volunteering to cook my own. Also instant coffee this 2nd morning, the other times I believe it was filter coffee.

Would I stay here again? Only if it was cheap enough, although I would pay up to £20 a night more for a significantly higher level of accommodation.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo