“Our stay at the Parisienne”
Review of Parisienne Hotel

Parisienne Hotel
Ranked #64 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 9 August 2014

The staff were very friendly and helpful especially the young man at reception. The location was ideal for us as we were meeting family who were staying 50yds away in another hotel. I wasn't overly pleased with the bathroom. I asked for a shower as I cannot get in or out of a bath and I couldn't get into that unaided either. The shower tray is situated at a height of 10" above floor level which I found impossible to get into. There was some confusion at breakfast as to where our table was but we were seated promptly and served our breakfast. The waiting on staff were busy and being abused by some very rude and foulmouthed young women. They kept their composure and dealt with them in a very professional way. Me, I would have thrown them out of the restaurant and told them to sort their mouths out. We would stay there again if the bathroom facilities were better situated. Ideal for young people.

Room Tip: Ask if there are stags or hens at the hotel and ask to be roomed away from them.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Stayed 16/17 July 2014, two single rooms, for myself and a friend, plus small dog. Just a great Location with a fantastic view. Staff were friendly and helpful from the start. Minor houskeeping "issues" sorted without quibble. Unfortunately Booking.com had not booked me in for a sea view room as requested (although my friend had one and I had booked both together) however the lady on reception on arrival sorted this imediately with profuse apologies and an upgrade so I was more than happy. Dog friendly too, small charge :( but happy to find somewhere with the facilities and an uninterupted PROPER sea-view. Free On-Site Parking, Wi-Fi, Free Entertainment in the adjacent sister hotel and also overflow parking at the back. Small lift which was very welcome after a day out in blackpool. Felt secure as they provide a night porter and key-only access after10pm. Management could not be more helpful, no rush to push you out of the place either, provided iced water for my dog as it was extremely lovely sunny weather in Blackpool for our stay. Bathroom outdated, however very clean and just TONS of hot water, toiletries provided, clean bedding and linen. Good Breakfast both continental and British.Tea and coffe making facilities, flat screen TV which worked. For the price I paid I cannot complain, if you want a 5star then pay for it please rather than leaving daft remarks about marks on carpet etc. Much better to just speak to Management, a well run family owned Hotel. Quiet, we stayed mid-week so did not experience any "Stags or Hens" Small issue at breakfast which I will discuss by email with Manager Karl. Would recommend and would stay again. Thanks for a Lovely Stay, hoping to return in September.

Room Tip: If your room does not meet your expectations, speak with the Management, or email in advance for spe...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 August 2014

A great location, just 5 minutes from North Pier. Only paid £18 a night for a single room, bed and breakfast, which was great value. Stayed during the week so it was quite quiet, really just families and couples staying. Room was totally adequate for a budget single room, clean sheets and towels. Bathroom was small, enough places to put clothes etc, had a small safe in room etc, exactly what I would expect from a budget hotel. Carpet was a little marked but for the price paid it was expected. They have tried to update rooms by using some Paris themed wallpaper on one wall. Staff very friendly and breakfast was good, fresh and tasty. Only downside is that if you are coming in after 10pm you need a back door key, would be helpful if back door had hotel's name on it. Would definitely stay again. Also, kept luggage for me before and after check-in. Am surprised by the negative reviews on about this hotel. This hotel is excellent value, but if you want a fancy plush hotel room go to a more expensive hotel, you get what you pay for. Complaining about a small bathroom or marks on the ceiling when you have paid so little for a room seems unrealistic.

Room Tip: Even using lift there are still a few stairs to the room.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stayed at the Parisienne in April 2014, and can honestly say that I was really happy with my stay.
The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the storage was ample for my clothes and stuff.
The staff, especially the receptionists, were friendly and helpful, including when my card key stopped working.
The breakfasts were tasty and freshly cooked.
The entertainment at Tiffany's next door was wonderful.
As for the hen and stag parties mentioned in other reviews, I must have been very lucky as I didn't experience any while I was there!
I would definitely stay again, and indeed have already booked a return visit in September!
Many thanks for a wonderful holiday, and thanks to laterooms.com for helping me book it in the first place.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We arrived and were told that it was not a problem to book in but our room wasn't ready as there had been a stag party in the night before and they were still in. It was four o'clock and I had been out for a long walk before we got our room.
The receptionist deserved a medal for the way she handled a party of drunk men. She was also very friendly to those of us waiting for rooms.
Our room when we finally reached it was spotlessly clean but had a very large step up to the shower which was dicey to say the least on the way out of the shower.
Can I also say that there is a dodgy step at the front door with no warning sign.
Sleep quality was good, we never heard a sound all night. The bed was comfortable.
Breakfast was good but the tables weren't fully set when we went in at 0830. The staff were friendly and nothing was too much trouble.
Handy to walk into town, we walked down and had fish and chips for tea then walked back along the sea front.
Can't complain for what we paid for it.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Staff were pleasant and friendly. Downstairs decor is lovely as was the breakfast room. One hand towel between myself and my daughter in a twin room and no hair dryer was a disappointment. Room decor and bedding were dating back to the eighties and lack of internet access disappointing. More towels and a revamp of decor would have made this a place I would have stayed again. As it stands will not be going back any time soon.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Dirty rooms, especially bathrooms. Had to wait hours after the advertised check-in time for 2 of our rooms, leaving 3 people without rooms. Horrible cheap tasting breakfast. Terrible service. Full of hen and stag parties so very noisy. Only saving grace is the location. Overall not a nice place.

• Stayed: July 2014