“Home from home”
Review of Caroldene Hotel

Caroldene Hotel
Ranked #155 of 864 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Our family stayed at the caroldene for my sons eightieth. We had one family room a double and a single room.
We had a warm friendly welcome. All rooms were more than what I had expected for the money. Especially impressed with the family room with adjoining room with twin beds and a tv for my 12yr old daughter as I expecting to be sleeping in the same room. Full english breakfast in the morning was lovely and nothing was too much trouble.
Very clean and comfortable homey place to stay. Would highly recommend. Will be my first choice when staying in blackpool again.

• Stayed: May 2013
caroldenehotel2003, Owner at Caroldene Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Thank you very much for your kind comments. Were glad you had a good time.

Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sue, Andrew, Ken and Kate at the Caroldene

Reviewed 2 June 2013

At first glace our week-long stay in Blackpool England looked like a long one when we saw our small room at Carolene's. The place grew on us quickly and by the end of our stay we were sad to go. Sue and the staff work hard to keep everything running and very clean. They could not be nicer. Not fancy but a nice place.

Room Tip: Room is a 6 min walk to Winter Gardens.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your review. Were really grateful for all your comments.

Congratulations on your daughters success in the dance competition and we hope to maybe see you again next year.

Reviewed 1 June 2013

We stayed at The Caroldene for one night during May half term. Despite the busy time of year they still managed to find us their last room at late notice.
The staff are extremely friendly and hard-working and would bend over backwards to try and satisfy a guest. (Including providing alternative meals to those on the menu and getting newspapers for guests- both of which we witnessed them do during our stay.
The hotel is extremely clean and fantastic value for money.
The food is yet again brilliant value for money as it is great quality with a lot of choices on the menu.
We had a long journey the next day and were provided with a huge packed lunch- yet again at a very minimal cost.
A fantastic stay with welcoming, friendly staff and extremely clean facilities!
We will certainly be stopping by again!

• Stayed: May 2013
caroldenehotel2003, Owner at Caroldene Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2013

Thank you for your great comments. We are really glad you had a great time and hope to see you again very soon.

From Sue, Ken, Andrew and Kate at The Caroldene

Reviewed 30 May 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for one night. I found the hotel clean and staff friendly and helpful.
We had a double room which was rather small. The bathroom floor could do with some attention as it was bubbled up and raised in areas. The shelf above the sink needs moving as I you could not access the sink bowl without hitting the shelf. The room would really benefit from a black out blind as the curtain did absolutely nothing. Something that the room description on the website states it has but ours certainly did not....
Breakfast was satisfactory, nothing to rave about.
We arrived 6pm ish and sadly there was a group of loud drunk men outside which was not a good first impression, but it turned out they were not residents to the caroldene, thankfully.
We booked this hotel last minute and it met our needs but If I were to return I don't think I would stay at this hotel again.
Overall I found my stay satisfactory.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
caroldenehotel2003, Owner at Caroldene Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2013

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry that you were unsatisfied with your stay and we will take your comments on board as we are constantly working to maintain and improve the standard of our rooms. I will be reviewing our website as none of our rooms have blackout blinds and I was unaware that they were advertised as such.

We are now working with your comments to improve our guests' experiences in the future, and we hope that you would consider staying with us again. Best wishes from Sue, Andrew and Ken at the Caroldene.

Reviewed 22 May 2013

I stayed at this Bed and Breakfast last week. The staff are very friendly and the breakfast was good but the whole time I was there (5 days) they never cleaned my room or gave me fresh towels or made the bed. I had to ask for tea and coffee for my room. They never gave me clean cups they just left the dirty ones there.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
caroldenehotel2003, Owner at Caroldene Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry that you were unsatisfied with your stay especially given that providing a clean, welcoming environment for our guests is our top priority.

I wish that you had brought these issues to our attention while you were staying here so that your stay could have been more enjoyable. We are now working with your comments to improve our guests experiences in the future. Best wishes from Sue, Andrew and ken at the Caroldene.

Reviewed 6 May 2013 via mobile

Me, my boyfriend and his parents stayed in this hotel. We planned to stay last minute and found this one online, was really cheap.

When we arrived we parked outside and went in. As soon as we went in Sue was there straight away, greeting us, she helped us find a parking spot just up the road and was very helpful.
We was then shown our rooms, we had a twin room and a double room. The rooms were very clean and tidy.
Twin room- walked in and had a double bed, en suite, another room with two single beds. Kettle with tea bags, coffee, milk. Freeview television, dressing table. Wardrobes, draws.
Double room- double bed and a single, en suite, wardrobes, kettle, hair dryer e.c.t
As we was too late for dinner at this hotel Sue recommended us I go to a few places. And she got us some drinks ready at the bar for when we got down stairs. We had our own tab at the bar an paid for it at the end, which was easy and handy.
Breakfast is from 8.30-9.30 every morning. There is a selection of cereals, toast, jam. Also a full English breakfast, all prepared. Orange juice, tea, coffee and milk.
During our stay there Sue helped us out in a minor medical emergency and we were very great full, thanks.
We were never rushed to leave, like some hotels you stay in. Always there when you needed them.

Lovely hotel to stay in, lovely staff, very friendly.
Will come back here if we come back to blackpool.
Highly recommend this hotel!!

Reviewed 13 April 2013

Sue is a lovely lady. Sadly we didn't get to meet the other half of the team!
Very helpful, friendly and cheerful.
We stopped for one night and took Millie our Staff.
Room was cosy & clean with all you need. Tea,Coffee, TV, shower has gel, bathroom sink has soap, fresh clean towels. Bed was firm and comfy, didn't take long to drop off to sleep.
Central heating wasn't on all the time late afternoon/early evening, but we was warm enough.
Had a wonderful night and breakfast was delicious. Again, Sue couldn't do enough. Cereal, fruit juice, Full English, Tea, Toast...more Toast, More Tea if we wanted, but the first pot with extra boiling water was ample.

Thank you Sue, we will return soon we hope.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple