“My New Haunt”
Review of The Seacroft

The Seacroft
Ranked #277 of 860 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 October 2010

We booked the seacroft as a last resort as everywhere seemed to be booked for the weekend we were travelling. The Tim's made our booking very easy and promptly answered all our questions.

The rooms were immaculate, tasteful and LARGE! The en suite was spotless and again tastefully docorated.

The hosts, Tim and Tim were very welcoming and made us chuckle from the moment we arrived, they offered quality advice on where to go eat and party, which was most appreciated.

Breakfast was delicious, Tim kept us well stocked up on pots of tea and hot buttered toast whilst we wallowed in a hungover stupor.

Our stay was brief but fantastic, we will be booking rooms here every time we travel to Blackpool in the future!

Amazing quality, value for money, and above all a cracking place to stay!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 11 October 2010

Tim could not have been anymore helpful. The B&B is spotless with a lovely bar area. Really was one of the nicest B&B I have ever stayed and definately heads above others in Blackpool.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 October 2010

my partner and i are just back from seacroft hotel
we spent 3 nights , just to say that the seacroft was spotlessly clean and very welcoming by the host (wee) tim + ( big ) tim
these 2 are the most genuine and warm hotel hosts that we have come across
our room was the "" penthouse "" on the top floor , a large beautifull bright and immaculate room ( climing the stairs is worth it ) they have thought of everything that you may need in your room , just as if you where at home , very very comfortable , always took time to sit down and chit chat and be genuinly interested and giving advice on clubs , bars etc
we bumped into our hosts at !! funny girls !! and had a great night ( sorry ( wee ) tim for my !! dancing queen antics ) BUT I HAD TO CLEAR THE FLOOR for my riverdance routine ( PS . IF THAT STRAIGHT GUY ASKES FOR MY NUMBER .......PLEASE PASS IT ON ( LOL )
i would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in blackpool as you will most certainly be made welcome
will definately be back
if we dont see you before you go on holiday tim + tim , hope you have a fantastic time

eddie + david

xx

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2010

I found The Seacroft via the internet, I rang and booked a six night stay.Upon arrival I was greeted by the propiertors Tim & Tim who made me feel very welcome. The standard of my room was first class, it was furnished to a very high standard including a fridge and my own iron and ironing board.The high standards continued throughout the hotel, with an excellent bar, and tastefully decorated dining room.
I had not visited Blackpool for quite a few years, and things had changed quite a lot. I was asking Tim about various bars and clubs, expecting directions. But Tim joined me on a couple of nights out. As a lone traveller I thought this was a very kind gesture.
During my stay nothing was too much trouble for Tim &Tim, who were always on hand for a chat and a coffee.
I would have no hesitation in recommending The Seacroft to family and friends, and I plan to visit again soon.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2010

Have stayed at The Seacroft on a number of occasions and never had a problem! Tim & Tim are wonderful people and hosts. I cannot understand the problem with the solo traveller who had numerous 'friends' in his room. Perhaps this person should have thought about other peoples feelings and also on how the review was worded as this could I am sure be slanderous.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chuffingjules
Reviewed 12 September 2010

Have just returned from a weeked in Blackpool and where else could we stop but THE SEACROFT! I have reviewed this excellent, well run, spotlessly clean and friendly Hotel before but so often we are so quick to complain and so vague and reserved when praise is due that I thought I would review it again just for fun! The welcome was as warm as we have come to expect from the two Tims, friendly, welcoming and most importantly possibly GENUINE. The rooms were still spotless, clean and large and again so welcoming it was almost like coming home ( a bit sickly sweet I know but it's true). The group consisted of a mixed bag of friends of a wide age range, all with different expectations and their own possibly "quirky" demands and not one of them, young or old, male or female was disappointed. We all went out to party on the Friday night and arrived back a little late (or was that far too early) and a little worse for wear so were only just on time for the breakfast service starting at a very reasonable 10am. To be honest some of us were there almost 15 minutes late! Tim was quite accepting of this fact (maybe because we had the manners to apologise I can not say) and took the breakfast order which was served promptly and happily despite our tardiness. Saturday we were all in and out shopping and having a laugh, other friends popped in to see us, we sat in the reception area as at one point it threw it down with rain and not one complaint or gripe from either of the Tims who seemed more concerned that the weather would dampen our spirits and lent those stupid enough (me included) to have not brought one umbrellas and even the offer of coats! Now that is to me beyond the level of expected service! Out again Saturday back again but at a rather more sociable time so no lates at breakfast! The weather picked up so Tim put out the furniture at the front of the Hotel and we all sat out cahtting away, until some went shopping and then some went home until the last of us had left. Cheery goodbyes all round and another wonderful weekend had by all! Three cheers for the Tims! We shall be back and that is not only a threat but a promise! Thanks for your kindness and good spirited banter!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank SwattyHuddersfield
Reviewed 1 September 2010

I booked in here for three nights and wanted a single but as they were gone was offered a 'small double' for £35 a night.
On my arrival I was upgraded to a tripple (perhaps because they didnt seel it) and the room was quite spacious and nice (I was told to use just oen bed so as not to change the sheets, which was fair enough)
I did not stay here the first night as I met friends in another hotel and stayed with them
On my second night I stayed in and had a good sleept.
On each of the three mornings I did not have breakfast there.
On my third night there I told the owner two friends of mine were alling by around teatime and he said he would show them up.
They left their bag there while we went for a meal and when I was still in the pub they collected it and left me back the key.
I brought another two friends back as they wanted see see pix I had taken of Manchester Gay Pride.
In bothe cricumstances there was no hanky panky, as theyre mates
Around midnight I inved a guy around that I met on Gaydar. He staed around an hour and then I went clubbing.
While in Flamingos I 'copped off' with a mguy and brought him back. This was around 6am
My flight back to ireland was at 2.30pm and I left the room around 1pm.
When I went downstairs I was shecked to be given a lecture by one of the owners, the younger Tim.
He told me that (a) I had not secured the outside door properly on my reutnr (b) that I was bringing back people without his permsioon and that he had seen them on his playback of CCTV
"This is our home too". Really? Having paid £35 for a double I would expected to bring back a guest for a bit of gun, especially as its listed as a gay hotel and in the heart of the gay nightlife.
(c) He told me I checked out two hours late (although he didnt knock to remind me at 11am that I was overdue
With that he said he was charging me an extra £30, which he put through the machine without my permission. This in my mind is akin th therft.
I told him that the first two sets of people were personal friends. he said he didnt care.
I also pointed out I did not stay there the first night and that I didnt use the breakfast.
I work as a journalist with a national newspaper in ireland and sometimes write holiday reviews and I have never seen such behaviour by a hotel owner.
Does he pry on all his guests with this CCTV footage. God knows where else he has cameras hidden.
He had ordered me a cab and I was so angry with him I said I would rather wait outside for it and that I not any of my friends would ever stay there.
It's such a shame as the rooms are quite nice and the reception was initially friendly but if Tim wants to rip off people with his 'Valley of the squinting windwos' syndrome then he can go jump over the nearest cliff (which will hopefully be caught on CCTV and a copy sent round to me for my own private viewing).

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple