“Lots of lights”

Illuminasia
Ranked #3 of 48 Fun & Games in Blackpool
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: ILLUMINASIA is unlike anything you've seen before! A magical walk-through attraction that blends the tradition of Chinese lantern craft with modern technology to create incredible larger-than-life exhibits. Visitors will explore seven zones ... The Mysteries Of China, 3D Experience, The Dark Zone, Land Of The Giants, The Deep with its interactive floor projector containing 10 different games that change every 10 minutes, The Planets Zone and Cafe & Gift Shop, and Wonders Of The World with laser light show finale. ILLUMINASIA is immersive and interactive, perfect for families and captivating for all ages. We ask for a £1.00 returnable deposit for 3D glasses. Why not make a day of it as there is no time limit. Our Planets Cafe serves Tea, Coffee, Hot chocolate and soft drinks for just £1.00, A selection of cakes from 50p and sandwiches and Hot snacks from £1.50. We are wheelchair and pushchair friendly, The 1st floor can be accessed via a ramp and the lower floor can be accessed Via a lift. We have an area where pushchairs can be left and on site toilets and changing facilities.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Stairs / lift, Food available for purchase, Baby buggy parking, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I love the illuminations and really enjoy this attraction with my family. It was nicely set out and the lights and images were great. The price is slightly dear but it was a good new experience which i would see again. The laser show was good and clever and my children enjoyed the quiz and got a certificate each. Nice and new just needs to be seen and appreciated.

1  Thank Steven P

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Visited this attraction on a slightly wet morning with family ranging in age from 7-93 years. Finding somewhere which appeals to the full age range is not easy but this delivered and everyone was entranced. Contrary to over reviews, I found the gift shop to be very reasonably priced in comparison with other Blackpool attractions and the visit lasted a good 1 1/ hours. I would agree that entrance on discount tickets is a must but these were available in our hotel so I assume would be at others. I'd definitely recommend and hope people support it so that other new attractions are drawn to Blackpool

4  Thank Louise E
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

As the title suggests, it is very good how it's been done and the skill it's taken to make the displays. But very overpriced for something you can get around fairly comfortably in Less than an hour. Light show again, a nice idea but it isn't a light show, it's a woman in a light up leotard having a dance. Gift shop isn't a gift shop, it's just 2 paste tables with overpriced stuff for sale. The quiz is a good idea, but don't bother with it as you get certificate whether you get them right now not.

Overall, it's good but not at full price

3  Thank Paul M
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We booked for this attraction at the tourist information on the prom near to the north pier.This still cost almost 27 pounds but its a saving of four pounds at the venue.
I went there with my two grand children aged 11 and 8 they both loved it but thought there could have been more to see[so did I for the money].I certainly would not visit again nor would I recommend it unless you have money to throw around.If we had got in for 5 pounds then I could have lived with that but almost 30 pounds is silly money.

3  Thank ROSSY137888
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

The lighting structures themselves are superb and there must have been so much work put on to create them however the price let's this down big time. I paid £34 for two adults and a 12yr old and have to say that half that price would have been more right for me. Slightly disappointed :(

5  Thank BigChrisSmith