The Greenmount Hotel
Lyndene Hotel(Blackpool)
Alumhurst Hotel(Blackpool)
Ruskin Hotel(Blackpool)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfour poster bedpac manstay there againpool tablecooked breakfastmonday to fridaychoice of cerealsbar areamy partnercouldn't do enoughlovely hotelnext yearfantastic staypleasure beachsea frontweekendensuite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 November 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night with my 2 girls only to find there had been a mix up with rooms instead of the family room I had booked I was given a double and a very tiny single hence I had to share with my daughter as did my friend who was also staying , breakfast well !! arrived at 9am to find only 4 seats at our table I politely told the lady there was 5 of us her reply was " I didn't set the tables up " after being ignored for 5 minutes I asked where was I meant to sit I was told there was a chair at another table away from my children at the opposite end of the dinning room, service was terrible breakfast was terrible rooms were tiny in my opinion spend the extra and stay somewhere better !!!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Gyw73
Reviewed 2 November 2012

Should point out that this hotel was very cheap,£40.00, b & b for 2.
On arrival, approx., 1400hrs, no-one could be aroused to let us in.After a little while, someone came, there was confusion as to which room we should be.we waited a while ,whilst the gent endeavoured to contact someone whom could tell him, we waited.Nothing was offered, a cup of tea or coffee might have been nice, whilst we were kept waiting.
Eventually ,he led us to a room, tha first room that he tried, had someone in.Then he took us to another room, where we were to stay.Room adequate, but very ,very small.
Breakfast was adequate, but they had this perculiar idea, that everybody should eat at the same time.That in itself didn't really help, as ,there was hardly enough room for everyone to move around.
We were lucky in one way though, area only has on street parking, we fell on our feet, as we parked right outside the front dood.

Room Tip: Ok if you want very cheap, but another time, I would try elsewhere.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2012

I am really not snobby at all and i dont want to write a bad review for this hotel cos the owner and staff were lovely.... Heres the but! On our first night we stayed in room 4, and it was a bit grubby and didn't feel clean, my daughters quilt was dirty so we swapped it for the top bunk one which still didn't seem clean but didn't look mucky. We reported a fault with the tv then got offered to swap rooms cos the hotel was empty that night except for us so we did and this room was much better, felt clean and fresh and we slept better in this room.
On a more positive note, the breakfast was fab, were veggie and we got quorn sausage on it which we were verry happy with.
We still had a fab time and we only used the hotel to sleep, shower and have brekkie so we didn't let it ruin our break.

Room Tip: Our second room was room 9 which was much better than room 4.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed her for 2 night really clean but the bathroom smells funny in room 20 and the shower doesn't work the heating was only on the first day not for long and if u wanted a drink from the bar u had to ring a number that was on the door so they would come and serve u. Which I don't fink is good for business. They have dogs which we don't mind you can't smell them at all but some times at night u can hear them barking. The bedding is really nice and clean. We also had breakfast that was nice but we don't get asked what we wanted we just got it put in front of us and if u didn't want it of like it u just had to put it on another plate.. but we didn't pay much so we didn't expect much

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 14 October 2012

we went to the greenmount knowing they had some bad reviews but thought everyone is different, we arrived on friday 12th october the owner and staff were very good friendly atmosphere and a nice welcoome we had a few drinks before going up to our room, they had very little choice of drink, on entering the room the first thing that hit you was the smell of foist the room stunk of it. the room was very very small and no room to move around, the room was clean and tidy but the shower grouting could of done with a scrub. we had to sleep with the window open and the bathroom light on for the fan to take some of the foist smell out of the room. the restaruant was clean and a very good choice for breakfast, on the second night we went back to the hotel at 10-40 for a couple of drinks and the bar was closed.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple