“Very enjoyable stay.”

The Greenmount Hotel
Ranked #620 of 862 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Stayed in this hotel for two nights and really enjoyed it. It's clean, cosy and close to all amenities.
The girls who look after it Kim and Gemma are absolutely lovely and made us feel very welcome...the only negative thing about this place is the owner as he is rude and arrogant with no customer service skills, glad we only bumped into him once.
Thank you Gemma for looking after us, we will definitely come back for a game of pool.

• Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Just cannot say a big enough thank you to Gemma and Kim. They really looked after my wife and I and our two daughters. Our room was spotless but am given to understand that Kim likes to stand in the showers barefoot to clean them lol,so maybe that explains it! Look forward to seeing you in august xx love terry, liz , Emma, Louise

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Dan432
greenmount2010, Owner at The Greenmount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Hi Terry

Thank you for your review it was lovely. I am glad the girls made your stay happy and that they are doing a good job. Yes Kim is a cleaning fanatic, I know as I have to buy the cleaning materials!! See you later in the year.

Nick

Reviewed 13 April 2014

stayed here end of march with my partner defo be back room was lovely warm and clean staff were brill location spot on. great breakfast selection of cereal toast and full english yum ! thank you girls

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Just spent the weekend here in the family room with a two and four year old , comfy beds , clean rooms , lovely staff well stocked bar and a cracking brekky xx what more could you ask for . See you again soon :)

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We took my niece to Blackpool for the first time. We stayed in the family room where to bunk beds were in an adjourning room, my niece loved it. Room was spacious and clean. Breakfast was beautiful.......we shall be back

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We stayed here mid March 2014 for 1 night. Cost £52 for family room. Location is good if you want to be near the Tower, but parking was a nightmare (and we were out of season really, so god knows what it's like in August.
When we got there we rang the bell and knocked on the door for 15 minutes before anyone came to answer it. We rang the number on the sign in the window, but it's no longer in service. We ran the mobile number they'd used to call us regarding the booking, but that went straight to answerphone, so thank goodness they eventually answered after quarter of an hour waiting in the cold and needing the loo after driving for nearly 2 hours, but not a good start.
We had room number 19, 1 double bed and bunk beds. Rooms was tiny. Bedside table right next to ladders to bunk bed so kids had to stand on that or our bed to get down. Drawers fell apart when I opened them. Each Drawer had a sheet of paper lining them. Underneath this was dirt and dust, so I kept my clothes in my case. Carpet had seen better days and we had to keep our shoes on. Bathroom was miniscule. We had more room to get changed in the shower cubicle that the actual bathroom. The extractor fan was thick with fluff, hair, dust and looked like it hadn't been cleaned for at least 5 years. Sink was tiny, one of those little ones you get in downstairs toilets when there's no room. I got a shower, but water trickled out of the shower so slowly I barely got wet and couldn't do my hair otherwise it would have taken hours to do. The window to the room was open and before we left to go to the Pleasure Beach we tried to close it but it wouldn't close or lock, so we had to leave it open. Luckily we were on the 3rd floor with nothing outside that anyone could climb up to get in the window. When we got into bed later on, the mattress was so uncomfortable I barely got a wink of sleep, could feel every spring and the base below the mattress. I always take my own pillow and really glad I did because theirs was not up to much.

Before we went out in the evening we called into the bar for a quick drink. At £3.75 a bottle of beer, we didn't stay long!

The in the morning breakfast was between 9 and 9.30 and as we all slept so badly we were up by 8 and went down at 8.50. Breakfast was thing best thing about this hotel. There was cereals to start, toast and jams, juice, coffee, tea and full English was lovely. The lady serving was lovely, food was warm and tasted great.

We checked out straight after breakfast, just before the 10am check out time. In short if we'd have been booked in here for more than one night, we wouldn't have stayed after the 1st night.

£52 is cheap for 4 people, but we go to Blackpool every year and last year staying in the Sandhurst Hotel near the Pleasure Beach for £65 and that room was 10 times better.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MrsT0p
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We've stayed at this hotel, on 2 occasions and found the staff, food, accommodation to be excellent, and always clean, and staff to be brilliant and always helpful. The 3rd occasion, last weekend was a sad occasion, but once again, they helped us in every event ie breakfast earlier than usual, and went beyond their needs to make sure we had a excellent stay. Thank you and will definitely reakon mend you establishment.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family