“stay as a last resort!!!!”

The Greenmount Hotel
Ranked #614 of 853 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Rochdale, United Kingdom
“stay as a last resort!!!!”
Reviewed 7 August 2010

stayed here with my 3 grandchildren owner not very pleasant rooms very dated says refurbished but actually don't know when that was definatley book as a last resort only!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Larkhall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2010

i went for my birthday with my family for 4days and it was gr8 the owener nick was gr8 with us and the kids the food was gr8 and has a nice wee dog the kids loved him the rooms where nice and ALWAYS CLEANED and the cleaner is very nice to.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank sc0tty72
Wirral
Reviewed 26 June 2010

We were a party of 35 children and 5 members of staff, Nick was very welcoming and accomadating made our stay great. Would recommend to other groups that want a real value for money stay. Thanks Nick

• Stayed June 2010
Bournemouth
Reviewed 19 October 2008

What a lovely clean warm friendly hotel where I laugh from the start of my holiday to the end . The staff are all so nice, and the owner went that extra mile for all his guest . Nothing was too much trouble at the greenmount , from helping us book tickets, to warming up my baby food . This hotel is the Jewel of Blackpool an ideal place to relax and unwind . If you are in Lancashire you must do a detour to stay here.

• Liked — It so close to the beach and the tower and has a hotel bar
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Northamptonshire
Reviewed 17 August 2008

I booked through the telephone and i thought he sounded nice and you could tell that he had a friendly manner to him.

As you walk in to the hotel it was very clean and had a good pressence to it.

When we were met by the hotelier known as Nick he was friendly and very helpful.

We got to our room and it was nice and clean and it was well stocked for the tea making facilities, and the bathroom was very clean aswell.

The food was very nice and the dining room is spotless.

The staff are of all ages and they are very helpful and efficent.

Me, my partner, my son and my nan had the time of our lifes. I would recommemd it to anybody.

It was good value for money aswell.

I myself will be going back to the hotel. I rate it one of the best and most friendlest hotels ive been to.

• Liked — I liked it all
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2008

stayed here as a group for a few mates bdays when we arrived we were made very welcome by nick who had us in stictches straight away. The hotel was clean and tidy and in a good location. The room we had was also clean and tidy.
It is defintely good vlaue for money and would reccommend this BnB breakfast was relly nice too.

Big thnks to nick for makin it memorable weekend!!

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with friends
Hampshire
Reviewed 3 July 2008

Have just returned from spending my stag weekend in Blackpool with 24 of my mates. We booked into the Greenmount and were originally asked to pay a bond. This was explained to us because most hotels in Blackpool taking groups asked for one. We found this to be true when enquiring at other hotels.

We arrived at midday and were greeted by Nick the owner and asked to complete registtration form and were given our room keys.

The whole thing took a few minutes and we went to our rooms. On opening the doors we were rewarded with bright clean rooms with all matching bedding etc and what were obviously new carpets.

The bar was pleasant and the real bonus was a small decked area at the back of the dining room where we could have a drink and a cigarette.

Nick was more than happy to keep the bar open and we played pool for acouple of hours before going out on the town.

We did not have to worry about getting back late as we had keys and i woke to the smell of bacon and eggs cooking. Breakfast was great and we had to vacate the rooms at 10.00am but our bus was not coming until 3.00 This proved not to be a problem as we were able to leave our bags at the hotel.

It was a great weekend with comfortable rooms and a pleasant host. My wife to be was well pleased as she is staying there ion a few weeks time with her hen party!!

I would hearitly reccommend it to anyone wanting good reasonable accommodation with en suite rooms.

• Liked — the friendly atmosphere
  • Disliked — check out was quite early at 10.00 am
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with friends