“Good but v.busy at school . holidays!”

Sandcastle Waterpark
Ranked #24 of 85 things to do in Blackpool
More attraction details
Owner description: Sandcastle Waterpark, in Blackpool, is the UK’s largest indoor waterpark, with 18 slides and attractions, open year round and fun for all the family. Amongst the slides and attractions are Master Blaster - the longest indoor Roller Coaster waterslide in the world, Sidewinder, Aztec Falls, Montazooma, Thunderfalls family slides and more!
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

We came.today wed 20th august with our 8 yr old boy, long queues and some rides not that thrilling but would recommend Master Blaster. ...I paid an extra £3 to go to a small spa which was worth it and a nice break from the madness! My kid and partner loved the rapid river! Waves every 30 mins. U can preload money on a wristband so ur not having to carry cash for lunch and drinks etc.....good day but would prob enjoy going more at off peak time

Write a ReviewReviews (3,802)
All reviews
in 81 reviews
"half term"
in 69 reviews

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Me and my partner went today with the kids aged 4 years an 12 years old. We all had a great day, it was busy but that's to be expected in the school holidays, slides are fab. We also ate, the food was lovely. Great day out with the family.

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

We came to the Sandcastle Waterpark on 9th August 2014 for my son's 9th birthday, two adults and five children (one of which being my son's best friend).

After reading previous reviews I was concerned we would have to queue on entry, however we just walked straight in and paid for our tickets (we didn't pre book). It was around 9.30 in the morning so maybe that was because it was still quite early.

After getting changed we went to the big water slides with minimal queuing - kids loved the sidewinder and mega blaster slides. There were short queues for montazooma and Aztec falls but no longer than a few minutes. As the morning went on it did get busier and busier and the queues became longer - also it appeared that the mega blaster broke down a couple of times. I would definitely recommend getting there as early as you can to get on the slides without queuing!

I was disappointed we could not bring our own food but it wasn't as expensive as it thought it would be - £3.95 for kids boxes with a sandwich, crisps, drink and cake was quite reasonable. Burgers and hotdogs went down well and the sandwiches and salad were nice.

Although my 5 year old wasn't tall enough for the bigger slides there was still plenty of other smaller slides for him to enjoy and he loved the rapids - lost count on the amount of times I went round with him!

Everyone had a great time, we had a full day there leaving at 5pm and our son had a wonderful birthday. It was expensive but we are a big family who brought an extra child and we all enjoyed ourselves so it was worth it. Would recommend for a family day out especially if the weather is bad. Will return again.

1  Thank CLW1976
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Great day out kids loved the slides and the lazy river ,be carefull my grandaughter went so fast she caught her face on the side of the rocks,didn't stop her going round several times.down side, it was very crowded. Would definitely recommend it

1  Thank ebony3
See more reviews
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Been here about 6/7 times in the past 5 years, all times have been excellent. Even one time everybody was evacuated because a child was missing, we all had to go wait outside in the car park in our swimming costumes and staff were kind enough to give us those emergency kind of silver foil blankets. About 4 times I have been it has been quiet/mildly busy due to fact we went while kids were in school, other times it was busy but we still managed to have fun. Food is expensive but very tasty.

I highly recommend.