“Blackpool revisited & rescued”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ash Lodge

Ash Lodge
Ash Lodge
Ranked #445 of 911 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Blackpool revisited & rescued”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Thank you Mary & Margaret for a lovely, straightforward & comfortable overnight stay. Clean, clean, clean; a house of historical interest & a lovely breakfast to boot. Plus, only 10 mins walk from the front. I will stay here if I ever go to Blackpool.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Blackbirddancing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
barrow in furness
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

I stayed at ash lodge for fifeennights whilst my husband was a patient at Blackpool Victoria Hospital, what can I say mary and Margaret were wonderful going above and beyond the level of service I was expecting they are such lovely people nothing was too much trouble I was made to feel very welcome and they asked every day about my husbands progress. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone especially anyone staying on there own you felt like you were staying with family,the food was very good and all the rooms spotless as I spent quite some time there I had over the time swapped rooms acouple of times to accommodate other guests and all were of the same high standard, I would most definitely stay thereagain withno hesitation.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Burnley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

I recently had to go into Blackpool Victoria Hospital for heart by-pass surgery. My husband and I needed somewhere to stay overnight before I was admitted (at 7am!!) and somewhere for my husband to stay on and use as a base to visit me until my discharge.
Initially I searched for Blackpool Tourist Information (no such thing!) and after speaking to some Website designer, I found a site and phone number for 'Visit Blackpool' or whatever the modern version of Tourist Information is. It's irritating to have to plough through adverts for dungeons and attractions when all one wants is a bed for the night - or two. I was put off once I got through to have the De Vere recommended to me. We had stayed there when I'd had my out-patient appointment - and although it had many facilities, it was a grim soulless place. Still no nearer, I decided to follow the advice of a friend who had phoned the hospital and asked Patient Welfare if they had any suggestions. They were delightful and said that everybody to whom they'd recommended Ash Lodge had popped in afterwards to thank them. I phoned Ash Lodge and, impressed by the details and information I was given by one of the joint owners. I booked but was unable to specify a period of stay because I didn't know when I would be well enough to be discharged. Our double room was spacious, cosy, clean and well appointed. I went into hospital next day (the owners booked a taxi for us) and my husband has nothing but praise for the service and kindness shown to him during my hospitalisation. I would recommend Ash Lodge unequivocally and we will certainly be back if I have any hospital appointments at inconvenient times. It's worth it to stay at Ash Lodge rather than have the rush hour, rat race drive from the other end of the county! A delightful, friendly little B & B run by delightful, friendly sisters.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank EgyptophileEngland
Stockport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

I have stayed at the Ash Lodge weekly for over 3 years as I work at the University Centre.
Mary and Margaret are wonderful and have over that period have gone above and beyond any level of service one would expect.
I have stayed in most if not all of the rooms at some point and all have been spotless and well furnished and decorated. The house is lovely and has a number of original features, it is well cared for.
The breakfast is great, substantial and the ladies are more than happy to accommodate any requirements in this regard as I've often noticed.
The parking is very useful for this area and I have always found a spot back or front.
It is very centrally located being between the sea and attractions and the park, zoo or hospital and more residential areas.
I have really enjoyed staying here and should I need to again would return as a long stayer.
I can highly recommend Ash Lodge: )

Thank-you Margaret and Mary for making my stay with you such a pleasant experience.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Jane D
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

What can I say it was a lovely hotel would stay there again. The room I had was very nice on the top floor. Very relaxing the lady's that run it is very nice would defiantly stay there again. It was very close to all areas that I need to be at. Very central to all shops bars and arcades

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank julieburnley
Barnsley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

Stayed for three nights (weekend) in a single room while attending Blackpool music festival. The hotel is very clean. The room was small but perfectly adequate. The best thing for me about the hotel was the location even though it was only a 7 minute walk to the tower the hotel is off the main strip as such i think its highly unlikely to encounter rowdy groups. Had very good nights sleep. The room had a shower but no bath. Breakfast was very good all freshly cooked all good quality.
Hosts friendly and helpful. There is free parking at the hotel, as previously mentioned the hotel is off the main drag so felt car was more secure. Would return and would recommend for couples and family's.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

I was visiting a terminally ill relative in hospital and booked Ash Lodge on the recommendation of other reviews on tripadvisor. I was extremely impressed with the standard of accommodation and felt it was excellent value for money. My room was very comfortable and I felt able to relax after spending most of my days/evenings at the hospital. Margaret and Mary were excellent hosts and very sensitive to the needs of their different guests. The breakfast was also very good and substantial.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo