“just a 1 night stay”

Cavendish Hotel
Cavendish Hotel
Ranked #392 of 864 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 May 2014

we stayed at the cavendish on 25/05/2014 for 1 night. From the time we booked (only a day before we arrived) till the time we left, we were made to feel very welcome. Although car parking was a little restricted on arrival, with help from Christine and Roy moving a couple of other cars ,we were able to avoid parking on double yellow lines. The hotel and rooms were clean and tidy . The cooked breakfast was very good (we even had the offer of an extra round of toast if we wanted it ). Although this was only a 1 night stay we enjoyed our time spent at The Cavendish Hotel. Thank you Christine and Roy.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank momaprodger

Reviewed 3 January 2014

we stayed at the Cavendish hotel over the new year there was only 6 of us there but nothing was too much trouble for Christine and roy . the rooms were very clean and ours were en suite. the street was quiet although when we first saw the hotel we were a bit worried as the other 2 buildings at either side were derelict although workmen were working on 1 of the buildings . breakfast was at 9 and evening meal at 5 prompt which was ok . we would stay again it was just a shame there wasn't more folk there for the new year .we wish them all the beast for 2014

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sharon_b242
Reviewed 30 October 2013

my wife and I stayed between the 8th@11th October 2013
although we initially had trouble parking the car as car parking was severely restricted in this area . why this is not stated before hand is totally beyond us? but please please do not let this put u off. we had a very warm welcome from Christine@roy the rooms were cosy and just as advertised nothing was too much trouble for Christine. there were no airs or graces from this couple just good old plane hospitality. just good old English bed@ breakfast at its best. if u like plain and nothing fancy just traditional . then give this a try because what u see is what u get.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mike k
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

Me, my partner, our two kids and the dog stayed here to go and see the illuminations on the 23rd September for one night, we found the host very welcoming and explained everything regarding the room and the keys to get in along with accommodating what we required for breakfast the next day. Breakfast itself was very nice and the host Christine was very accommodating to our needs.The room was clean and exactly what I expected, the kids were in an adjacent room to us and although some people may find it too small, for what we wanted it for it was just right. There's a very nice Chinese chippy just a few yards down the street and the location is great 5 minute walk to the seafront. Parking could be a problem if you don't arrive early enough but that's not taking anything away from the place itself it was lovely and we enjoyed our stay. Thanks, Sean, Hayley and the kids

Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Sean B
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Myself, my two year old son, my friend and her two year old daughter stayed at the beginning of August 2013. What a perfect homely feel to the place, as soon as we walked in Christine was there to help with our luggage, even helped with parking outside by saving a spot for us.Check in was smooth and quick and we were promptly shown to our room, which was exactly as described when booking. Yes we were on the top floor but not everyone can be on the 1st can they?! Room was clean and serviced daily, towel too. We had two double beds in adjoining rooms, very comfortable. Breakfast was at 8.30, reasonable time i think. (we made it every day, even with drinks the night before) Yes there is a small menu on your table, but If you ask Christine what you want the next day and its not on the slip, she will make it for you. Same for anything, if you at least ask for it or let them know there is an issue, they will go out of their way to resolve it quickly for you.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Dondo1982
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed at this hotel Monday till Friday. I am not pleased with this hotel for a start breakfast is at half 8 now me and my boyfriend are 18 and 19 so we like to go out for drinks but we felt like we could not have a couple of drinks when we where out because we had breakfast so early..my room was in need of a face lift. and my view out my window was of an old building that was falling down. me and my boyfriend where the only people their which was weird and after breakfast me and my boyfriend could not wait to get out the hotel. The owners where very nice but it was a shame the hotel was also in a very run down area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank taylor2404
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I booked this 'hotel' over the telephone and was told I had to pay in full there and then.On arrival we had difficulty parking.We were shown into the dining room where we were told the times of breakfast and asked if we had any dietary needs to which I informed Christine that I was unable to eat solid foods and could I have porridge to which I was told that they do not supply it.I then had to find a shop to buy some which I later gave to her to prepare for me in the morning,which I thought was wrong seeing as I had paid for breakfast and then had to provide myself.
We were then shown to our rooms ...myself and my son sharing and my daughter and friend sharing another.My room was cold and to be honest gloomy,the overbed light wasn't working on my sons bed and there was no wardrobe just a very small rail on a wall.The tv was an old portable and we couldn't get it working and had to ask for help twice before we got help.My daughters room was colder than ours and was very small with a double bed ,sink at the bottom of the bed and no heating at all,they had a shared bathroom that didn't smell very nice.The en suite in my room was acceptable.
The breakfast I am told was inadequate and very basic ( lacking in tomatoes).
All in all everything seemed too much trouble and done on the cheap.The only thing good about this hotel was that it was dog friendly but we will definately not be going back....very disappointing !

Room Tip: There isn't any !