“"Wow...Showcase building with edgy Art".”
Review of Grundy Art Gallery

Grundy Art Gallery
Ranked #47 of 84 things to do in Blackpool
Reviewed 2 July 2013

What a fabulous Art gallery blackpool now has. Simply stunning authentic building with a lovely gallery space. Well proportioned rooms allow you room to admire the pieces on display. Very good lighting and helpful insitive staff. The gallery ousses class and is a must visit.

2  Thank Mark C

Reviewed 19 February 2013

We had some extra time so I wanted to visit the art museum we had seen while walking around. Its not a large museum but they had some really interesting modern art installed. It won't be everyone's cup of tea but I did like a couple of the displays. For a smaller museum they did a good job of populating it with some challenging pieces.

1  Thank Jasen H
Reviewed 29 September 2012

We went to the Grundy art gallery, which was a treat, and the highlight of the weekend. They had installed a nine hole crazy golf in the gallery, with different statues on each hole. Hitler was there, Saddam Hussein, builder’s bums, grave stones, desert islands and more. The most fun I’ve ever had in an art gallery and highly recommended

1  Thank Martin D
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I was a bit disappointed at this place. It wasn't bad or so but the thing is, it is certainly not spectacular. It is worth visiting but don't expect anything beyond your imagination. A nice place for a rainy afternoon and there is something special about that it. However, if you're not crazy about art, you'd better skip the Grundy Art Gallery and go somewhere else instead. That's what I would have done if I'd known earlier what I know now.

1  Thank Anita K
Reviewed 8 November 2011

This was advertised as 100 years of Blackpool in photos- but we were very disappointed. Really felt that Blackpool must have a treasure trove of photos somewhere but felt that they were sadly lacking in this exhibition.

1  Thank Felicity_B1