“Superb golf and even better food”

Staining Lodge Golf Course
More attraction details
Owner description: Staining Lodge Golf Course is a par 72, 18-hole pay and play course set in 160 acres of picturesque Fylde countryside in the village of Staining. The course has a beautiful clubhouse serveing food and drink with views over the course and is situated five minutes from the M55 within easy reach of Blackpool, Lytham St Annes, Kirkham, Preston, Thornton-cleveleys and Fleetwood. The course was designed and is maintained to appeal to a wide range of abilities. Greens are sand-based and irrigated to facilitate play for as much of the year as possible. The course also includes a 300 yard practice ground for those that want to practice their swing and a putting green.
Preston, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Superb golf and even better food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

The grounds and facilities here are excellent for a course that is so young compared to other more established courses nearby. And the food in the 19tg is excellent. Try the chocolate cola cake.

Visited July 2014
laurawigggg, Manager at Staining Lodge Golf Course, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Many thanks for your lovely review - we really appreciate your comments and are pleased you enjoyed your visit. We make all our own cakes but the chocolate cola cake is my personal favourite (and I've tried them all!) Hope to see you again soon.

Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Great lunch and superb venue.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

My wife and I visit the restaurant on a regular basis for lunch and have often taken friends along. We have always found everything to be top class and our friends very often ask us if we can all meet up there again, to which our reply is.....you bet we can. The owners and the staff could not be more friendly and helpful and the food is what I call 'top banana'.....The bonus for me is the best pint of 'Wainwrights' real ale for miles around.
The venue is modern and always very clean and has a view over beautiful countryside and I must add that it's popularity shows just how good it is.....Long may it last.

Visited July 2014
laurawigggg, Manager at Staining Lodge Golf Course, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Comments like these make my day! Many thanks for your lovely review we really appreciate it and we hope to see you again soon.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“blackpool day golf”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

while visiting relatives took the opportunity to play staining lodge golf course weather wise could not have picked a better day one tip though don't play in shorts as horse fly are very common as told by three locals who very kindly waved me through. a good course to play wonderful views from tees all in all a enjoyable course for me while wife went shopping with sister will re visit again on my next family visit as was made very welcome by friendly pro and other golfers on day

Visited May 2014
laurawigggg, Owner at Staining Lodge Golf Course, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
thank you for your positive comments we are pleased you enjoyed your golf at staining lodge and hope to see you again when you are next in the area sorry about the horse flies we find avon so soft works well as a repellent
Halifax, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Lovely Golf Course!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

When we recently visited Blackpool for a week we played 9 holes of golf at Staining Lodge 5 days out of the 7! It is a lovely golf couse, quite long (especially for ladies), and extremely well kept. It is an 18 hole golf course but you can just play 9 holes which is what we did. Good prices for such a nice course! Will definitely be going again the next time we are at Blackpool!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Sh3ll3y071
laurawigggg, Manager at Staining Lodge Golf Course, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Many thanks for your lovely comments we are really pleased you enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Owner with an attitude problem”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Went in for full 18 four regular golfers local to the area. Course average greens terrible. Went for a drink in the bar after two aggressive little dogs snapping at everyone wasn't great, they also have a pet dragon whom I later learned was the owners wife, seemed to have a very large chip on her shoulder. Spoke to her staff and customers in the same rude condescending manner, don't understand why sour bitter people like her bother going into hospitality because its quite obvious her social skills are minimil.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Slick1919
I am disappointed to hear you didn't enjoy your recent visit and am very shocked by your comments. As far as the greens are concerned it is difficult to respond specifically as several weeks have elapsed between your visit and your posting however the stimp meter readings have been between 8.0 and 9.6 for over 12 weeks which meets all recommendations set by the s.t.r.i. for regular and tournament play and we receive positive comments on a daily basis.

We do have family dogs which occasionally escape the office so apologies as they seemed to take a dislike to you.

The lady owner is very well liked by staff and customers alike. We have many regulars and returning customers and some of our staff have been with us since we opened in 2007 so without knowing what you comments were based on I can only guess that you misinterpreted something you saw.

In summary as I assume you wont be returning I wish you many happy rounds at the other courses you play.

P.S I believe you meant minimal not minimil as that isn't a word.