“Hot Stuff Cafe-Dirty utensils and dirty crockery”

Houndshill Shopping Centre
Ranked #33 of 81 things to do in Blackpool
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Hot Stuff Cafe-Dirty utensils and dirty crockery”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The cup I drank my tea from had dirt caked on its lip. The knife they gave me had crusted food on it. The food wasn't bad, I have to say, but the cleanliness left a lot to be desired.

Visited August 2014
2 Thank Alchemy1200

Bedford, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great shopping centre for bagging a bargain.”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Lots of independent shops one in particular called Shout where everything cost £5.
Bought some lovely new clothes for my daughter and a pair of paisley leggings for me. Lots of different stock to choose from too,
Bought daughter a grey cardigan and my friend loved it so much she went back on the Sunday to get herself a cream one.
Lots of chain stores too and excellent parking facilities.

2 Thank bedbunny1968
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“shopping”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

nothing fantastic about this place ,,,,, same boring shops as everywhere else ,,,,thought there would be at least some quint different shops although sayen that found a great xmas shop seemingly this shop is xmas all year around

Blackpool, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Shopping centre good but food court AVOID!”
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Hounds hill itself is good, it's come on a lot over the last few years and is great for shopping. We live locally and in summer suggest parking before 9:30am or using the bus because the car parks cost a small fortune and fill up VERY fast.
Today was the first time we visited the food court, mainly because it was the summer holidays and everywhere was busy. The noodle bar looked brilliant and smelt gorgeous, expect prices of £5.50 on average for each meal option, but it was always busy. We used the hot stuff cafe as our kids wanted nuggets and fish fingers. They offer £1 kids meals with hot meals(adults), we never got this, and it cost £25 for 2 adult meals and 2 tiny kids meals that were on minuscule plates and were so over cooked my son couldn't eat half of it. He's gone to bed with belly ache tonight!
I'm just too soft natured to complain, I hate creating a scene. I just felt like I'd been robbed, my husband burnt the roof of his mouth on his baguette and mine was full of tiny bits of tinfoil.
My advice, don't go to the hot stuff cafe! At least dick Turpin wore a mask.
Oh and the sweetie shop in there, brilliant, but the prices.....whoa expect a shock! Lol

1 Thank Bookedandpacked
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A gem in the town”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Visited the centre as I wanted to take up an offer from the O2 store. Found the staff on there, very polite, toilets were clean. And visited a couple of shops on a return visit. The centre may be small compared to large city centres shopping malls but it has big names stores such as Burtons, Carphone Warehouse running stores from there. I gave it 4 stars as that is my opinion of the centre.