“Best Landladies in Blackpool.”
Review of Crompton Hotel

Crompton Hotel
Ranked #766 of 863 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Stayed here Saturday 6th April 4 my birthday,myself n 12 friends.It was gr8.Hill + Shell the couple who own it r the nicest ppl u cud meet.Warm welcome + cudnt do enuff 4 us.Delicious brekky Yummy!!! n plenty of it.I wud defo stay again infact wer plannin on stayin agen in the summer.Thank-u both 4 a wonderfull stay n c u both swn.Tina + gang :-)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 1 April 2013

We stayed here for Easter weekend with my boyfriend and daughter my sister also stayed with her boyfriend and kids! The staff at this b n b were amazing and could not of helped up enough! Made you feel very welcome and helped with any request we had! The rooms were basic like every b n b but were very clean and tidy! They were very spacious good size for family's! The breakfasts were very tasty nice full English with drinks! The price was very cheap we got great value for our money! I'd say this b n b is great for family's as at night it was nice and quite but it's good for young people wanting to party as the clubs n bars are very close! I honestly can not praise the staff and owners enough they really did make are little weekend away comfortable! I would stay here again as we enjoyed it so much and would recommend this b n b to anyone! Thanks soo much Hilary and staff you done a great job :))) love Jemma and gang xx

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 28 February 2013

The hotel was very nice and the service was great. They were very accommodating and the breakfast was lovely. Great value, very clean, comfortable bed and very good internet connection which Is very important to me. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 5 February 2013

Booked via a website so you never quite know what to expect. Paid £39 for a double for one night in August which the hotel advertised as a saving of £86! As if! £125 for a one night stay in a tiny room up loads of very narrow stairs. Not a chance.
Parking is difficult though the owners showed me where I could park down a side street with a locked gate. This was fine unless I wanted my car out, or wanted to get something out of my car, which I did but then 15 useless minutes banging doors and ringing doorbells for absolutely no-one to answer me. I even used my mobile to ring the hotel to try and get someone to respond but all to no avail, so I could not get into my own car! The only response I got was being accosted in the lobby by another - slightly unusual - guest who wanted to discuss tattoos with me.
The room was guest house shabby, cheap bed and charity shop furniture. There were cables trailing everywhere including through our window, which looked out onto a grubby alley.
The bar and lounge advertised on their site never opened for the duration of our stay with no explanation offered whatsoever.
We spent the afternoon and night out in Blackpool, returned to sleep, never bothered with breakfast and left in the morning disappointed.
The other 'Group' hotels in Blackpool are often spartan but at least you know what you're getting, large enough rooms, properly furnished, a bar that is open as advertised and unrestricted access to your own car.

Room Tip: Lower floors, the stairs are very narrow with many a twist and turn.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 December 2012

The room was small as was the bathroom but both were clean. The bed was comfortable and the room had tea and coffee making falicities. The breakfast was great, a full english, freshly Madeleine every morning with plenty of tea! The location is fairly good as well, just a short walk from pretty much everywhere.

The staff were so helpful and friendly, lending us umbrellas and giving us leaflets and vouchers for local attractions. Also allowed us to leave our bags downstairs on our last day as our train wasn't until the evening. Great value, great for a budget option.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Stayed here with my friend for the weekend the bedroom which were given was a family room. It was a bit cramped. But the beds were comfy enough to sleep in. This hotel is a non-smoking hotel. So when you wanted a smoke you had to go outside. We got told that all the hotels are like this. But whilst walking on the front we seen hotels that had smoking? The shower wasn't like the shower on the pictures on late rooms website. Maybe they have better ones in different rooms. The toilet kept blocking up. We kept reporting it but nothing got done. Didnt get any more coffee/tea sachets only the ones that were there upon arrival. The breakfast was nice. Can't fault it. The only thing I can say about the dining room is watch where you're walking as one morning we were going in to breakfast. And there was dog poop on the carpet. Yes two dogs live at the hotel. A terrier and a big dulux dog. I wasn't happy as I went down in my slippers. As you can imagine. Breakfast was served between half nine and ten. Which is a bit late if you are wanting to set off earlier for a day out. Had to wake the owners up at half nine because they were still asleep so it was 9:50 before we even had a coffee! The best thing about this hotel is that it's close enough to the tower and beach. Id stay here again as a last resort. Was plenty of nicer places on the front, at a cheaper price which probably didn't have dog poop on the dining room floor waiting for you to stand in.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 28 October 2012

We stayed here a couple of weeks ago with the kids for a weekend of fun in Blackpool and we definately picked the best of the bunch. The two lovely ladies who own the place where so nice and couldn't do enough for us during our stay, they where trying to find us the best deals on all the attractions that where on, where great with our 3 girls and made sure that we had everything that we needed as we had our 8 week old baby with us. Rooms where very cosy and clean, beds where so comfy. Breakfast was so yummy and filled us up for our day ahead, girls where offered whatever they wanted for breakfast in the morning. On our departure as our car had to be moved off the road at 8 in the morning one of the ladies stood for a good hour outside watching our car to make sure we didn't get a ticket whilst we packed :) they really are lovely!! We enjoyed our stay so much that we will be returning at some point next year! Thanks so much guys!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family