The Villa Hotel
US$153
US$134
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Clifton Court Hotel(Blackpool)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$122
US$100
US$109
PremierInn.com
All reviewsfull englishpleasure beachstair liftpool tablecar parknext yeartoastmon fria stones throwtea or coffeethe perfect hostbrilliant staycouldn't do enoughhome from homelovely weekendfantastic locationfamily room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I had booked this hotel to go away for 2 nights as a birthday treat for the other half. Gill was very pleasant when we arrived after a late train from Glasgow. Our room was pleasant enough although the bottom of the blinds had mould on them. I chose to forget about this as I was just happy to be away. We went downstairs for a drink and game of pool where we were greeted by who I can only assume is Gills husband who served us a drink right away and made sure to put the lights on above the pool table for us which I felt was considerate of him. I was then looking forward to going to bed for a great night sleep to wake up fresh however that unfortunately did not happen. The bed was terribly uncomfy and had a thick duvet (not ideal 3 weeks after a 7 week long heatwave that was still easing out) which added to my discomfort. After a long night we went down for breakfast which was very nice indeed. The eggs were especially nice! After a long day I was dreading another sleepless night but looking forward to my breakfast. We went down for breakfast on Sunday which again was very nice although when I asked for an extra sausage Gill advised me evrything was premade and almost implied that it was a hassle to stick an extra one on. In the end I got the extra sausage however if that had been me trying to keep my customers happy I would never make them feel bad for asking for an extra sausage...you just do it. Anyway, as the day before, the breakfast was very enjoyable and filling. We had to check out early (9.35) to catch the train and again as much as she apologised for being rude for just checking us out and running back to her duties, I could tell she was obviously completely inconvenienced by us. I understand to an extent as she was just finishing up with breakfast however having said that, she had a young girl in helping so I'm sure she would have been able to spare an extra 30 seconds to see us out. However that aside, any 'issues' I had with my stay have been mentioned here. As my title says...you get what you pay for...we paid £90 for both nights...that's what we got so fair enough. Breakfast really was very good though!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nict0m
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We stayed at the Villa Hotel for a short family break. Gill and John were absolutely fantastic, nothing was too much for them, we were made very welcome and Gill is such fun and has a great sense of humour. The rooms were spotless beds comfy, and the breakfast lovely.The bar is well stocked and very cosy at nights. We feel as if Gill and John are family the way we connected with them they are defo the perfect hosts and we will be recommending to family and friends, the hotel is perfect location and is close to all attractions.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2013

we went on a family break booked at the last minute so glad we went here we had a fantastic welcome were shown our rooms straight away en suite absolutly spotless beds were dead comfy tea coffee waiting on us after the first day we didnt feel like guests more like family gill goes out of her way to make sure you have everything you need even scottish football which hubby didnt want to miss breakfast was fantastic and always served with a smile a great family run hotel who know how to treat guests will be going back here as soon as we can and recommending it to our friends and family brilliant value for money our 16yr old was in bits when we came home wants to go back straight away because gill included him in everything and made him feel dead special was to go meet some pals but preferred to stay in hotel and have a laugh with gill nothing is to much trouble here gill will go right out of her way to help you was great to have somewere with hairdryer and ironing board facilities just nothing to worry about

Room Tip: our room was great really close to attractions but we did not hear a thing
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Went to The Villa Hotel for my other halfs 40th and it was brilliant!! Gill was fantastic, making us very welcome. Nothing was to much trouble and her sense of humour made the weekend even more special. It was so good we're going back for my 40th in August and have booked in already to take our children to the illuminations in September. Thanks Gill, you made a good weekend exceptional!!!
Sara and Dave xx

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 4 August 2013

On arrival we spoke to Gill who guided us into the car park.
We got our room keys straight away.
Room with en-suite was very clean
Hotel is in a good location
Breakfast is very nice and gill can't do enough for you.
All in all a very nice place to be - and good value for money for a couple of nights
Definitely stop again!