“Excellent value for money & great location!”
Review of The Lark Inn

The Lark Inn
Ranked #154 of 859 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Excellent value for money & great location!”
Reviewed 15 October 2010

I stayed at the Lark Inn with a large group of lads for my cousin's stag do and I have to say that we couldn't have hoped for a better place to base ourselves. The first thing worth commenting on is the location which is possibly the most critical factor when choosing a hotel for a stag or hen do as you need to be in close proximity to the best and most lively bars. The lark inn certainly fits the bill here as it is tucked away just off the main front, easily within walking distance of the Merrie England and Yates etc and with a cracking pub just across from it which had karaoke on the Saturday night we stayed!

The Lark Inn itself was everything we could have hoped for at an excellent value for money price. The price also makes it excellent for stag and hen dos as the expense of these events is often what reduces turn out. We had a decent group of between 25 and 30 travel down from Newcastle largely because of the price which made it affordable for all at a time in our lives which is crammed with stag dos, weddings and 30th birthday bashes making money quite tight!

The bar in the Lark Inn was very accommodating and an excellent place to start and end each night for us. The bar served a cracking pint of draught Stella which I had several of but also had a selection of bottled beers and even cans to cover tastes which may not be catered for on draught. This is not the norm for small hotels of this type as I've stayed in places in Blackpool where there is maybe a Carling pump which is flat as it sits there all the time and perhaps a local weak bitter. Not the best starting point for a weekend with the lads when you're waiting for everyone to get ready!

The bar was open very late for guests of the hotel which was great for us, especially on the Friday night when we were knackered and wanted a chill out in the bar ready for the onslaught the next day! It has a pool table, juke box and even a pole which some of the lads tried to dance on much to everyone's amusement!!

The breakfast is a good size, not so much that you are too full and feel tired when you're about to hit the Flagship or Castle Bar an hour later but big enough and tasty enough to line the stomach. The beds were comfortable, there were plenty of tea and coffee making facilities in the rooms and the showers were warm.

In summary I'd say that the Lark Inn is an ideal place to stay when on a stag or hen do or perhaps just a boozy weekend away! They are accommodating when it comes to group bookings which many hotels are wary of and very trusting rather than trying to lay the law down as some B&Bs do. From a personal point of view I also have a special reason to say thanks to the staff at the Lark Inn as somehow during the drunken antics of the weekend, I managed to leave my brand new shoes in the room! They were a present from my mother and I would have got a right earful had I turned up to the wedding in my old ones. I e-mailed the hotel and not only did they find my shoes, they returned them to me in Newcastle via registered delivery so that I had them in time for the wedding!!

I'll certainly be recommending the Lark Inn to friends or family members who want to enjoy a fun weekend in Blackpool without breaking the bank!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Stivvor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2010

Right where you want to be, in the thick of everything, no long walks to shops or sea front, friendly family run with a smashing brekkie, re-booked as we were there for another 5 day break.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Buckinghamshire
Reviewed 31 August 2010

I am currently in dispute with this hotel. They took £250 off my credit card back in June because they messed up my booking and charged me a deposit even though I cancelled the booking a week after making it, which was months before I was due to stay there with sojme friends for a hen night. The staff are unhelpful (when you can actually get to speak to them-I redialled many many times!) rude and unprofessional. I would advise NOT to have anything to do with the hotel, or if you do, make sure they do not have your credit card details to secure the booking. They promised me no money would be taken if I cancelled more than 7 days before my booking. Do not believe them.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
Dundee, Scotland
Reviewed 19 August 2010

Just returned from 3 nights at this hotel, we had a great time, it was a great location, the hotel was much better than I expected, given the price we paid for it.
Our room was at the very top, which was not the easiest for me anyway, it was a lot of stairs, very steep and narrow, I just about needed oxygen at the top (not the fault of the hotel tho).
We had originally booked a twin room (as my partner has a tendency to hog all the space in the bed) but we then noticed on the web site that twin rooms and no en suite, but the double rooms did, so we called the hotel and asked if we could change to a double with an en suite, the landlady said that she had changed it. However we did not get an en suite, but the room was fine.
The communal toilet and shower started off ok, there were no toilet rolls to start with, but the toilet and shower were not cleaned all the time we were there, they were all a bit messy by the time we left. Shower rooms could have done with some hooks for towels etc..It would also have been better of the toilets were seperate from the showers so that people could still use the toilet if somone is in the shower
Breakfast was really nice, cereal, toast and a cooked breakfast, perfect !!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2010

As soon as we arrived at the lark inn we were made to feel very welcome, a very clean pleasent place to stay. Our room was like a home from home, even a fridge, microwave and iron complete with ironing board in our room, The owners were helpful and friendly we felt very welcome. the romm was spotlessly tidy and very clean and fresh. Close to all attractions which meant a very short walk everywhere, There is even a friendly bar downstairs if you fancy a nightcap. A vey pleasant friendly place, i will definately be returning and recommend as a place to stay to anybody who wants to visit blackpool, thankyou so much for making our stay a great one keep up the good work from helena and tony

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
hull/beverley
Reviewed 29 May 2010

I stayed at the lark in for a few nights over a weekened, i found the staff very friendly anything i needed they accomdated. the rooms were of an excellent standard and found the price of the room very reasonable.I would defo reccomend this hotel for anyone as they can cater for anyones needs. I will defo return and stay here next time im in Blackpool x

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
London
Reviewed 12 May 2010

Would not go anywhere else. The hotel is lovely and clean, very modern can't complain at all. The location is perfect near all the decent clubs and pubs and the beach 5 minutes walk. Alison and Joe are the perfect hosts, they run a fun and friendly hotel and when we needed our clothes ironed, Alison came to our rescue and had no problem lending a hand. Thanks !!! Will be going back August for another mad weekend at the Lark Inn. Line up the saumbucca's Joe and Alison!!!!!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends