The Hotel Wilmar
  • Bar/Lounge
Big Blue Hotel(Blackpool)
Kings Hotel(Blackpool)
View Hotel
All reviewshome from homepleasure beachb blearning disabilityfamily loveplace to stayon arrivalvisiting blackpoolperfect hostssecond to nonefriendly welcomemoment you arriveexcellent staycouldn't do enoughnothing is too much troublestayed in the family roomfreeview tv
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Well what can i say, FABULOUS!!!!!! Very warm welcome, clean, tidy and comfortable rooms. Rhian and Derek are BRILLIANT hosts.
Accross the Rd from the Pleasure Beach and the Sandcastle Water Park, ideal location.
They made us feel very welcome breakfast was very good and accomodated my vegetarian wife, as well as my ever changing minds of my teenage kids. Will visit again definately. We highly recommend this family friendly run Bed and Breakfast.
Top people.
Stuart, Tanya, Aaron, Zara

Room Tip: Just let Rhian and Derek know what you require
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank stuart h
Reviewed 20 October 2013

This was our third stay at the Wilmar and I have to say it just keeps getting better. a warm welcome always awaits from Derek and Rhianon, it was as though we had never been away. The whole family is looked after by our hosts and nothing is to much trouble, we regard Derek and Rhianon as friends because that's just how it they make you feel. Rooms are always clean, tidy and serviced regularly. As for breakfast well were do I start choice of cereal, full English cooked breakfast, toast, tea or coffee, fruit juice etc. more than enough choice for anyone, have it all or make your choice (I have to admit I had it all) bring on those extra pounds but at least it sets you up for the day! I would recommend to anyone that this is the place to stay when in Blackpool DON'T book anywhere else, I know I won't!!! Big thanks Derek and Rhianon. Hope to see you soon!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Darren T
Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

High Five to Derek & Rhian on there hospitality!!

Your welcome is presented with a hot cuppa after any journey. Excellent!!! Much needed, even more so, depending on the journey. Lol.

Breakfast, well!!! What I can I say!! You get a choice when you book in, for the next day, very good choice, I
Will say that what they offer, you may have to sleep or walk it off. What you ask for they will not hesitate to give... Brilliant!!!!

Rooms they offer! Me and my Partner was with our 2 year Daughter and more than pleased on the room. Nice Cot and adequate room needed for your stay.

Truly a very friendly couple...

Will not hesitate to book again and pop in to see them if on a visit to Blackpool!!! Especially on Illumintions period.

Anyone who is not happy with the service that Derek & Rhian give need testing..or HELP

The Guest House is not situated in the Central part of Blackpool which is nice, but a couple minutes from the Pleasure Beach Complex. Opposite South Pier. While sleeping, never heard any noise, so very pleasant.

Enough said!!!!!!

Anyone who is thinking of spending time in Blackpool. Please visit

WILMAR HOTEL..

You won't be disappointed.

Allan, Justine & Baby Charlotte.......

Kisses to-

Rhian & Derek........

100%....... Top Couple!!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Justine R
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Just back from a short stay in Blackpool and can't recommend this place enough. I had booked 2 rooms between 3 adults and 2 kids and we were all very happy with the overall experience. The hosts were very friendly, helpful and accommodating. Location is great being only a 2 minute walk from the Pleasure Beach, The Sandcastle and the South Pier. Although we probably won't visit Blackpool again till the kids are a bit bigger, I already know where we will be staying.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank ianz1983
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Derek and Rhian are the best at what they do. They could not do more to help you with anything and I mean anything.The welcome is always the same, friendly and accommodating and you are made to feel right at home. The breakfasts are excellent, home cooked and a wide variety to choose from. You can have anything from a piece of fruit to a full English. The rooms are always clean and tidy and well maintained. They are always cleaned if requested. The location is excellent for the pleasure beach and about a 30 - 45 minute walk into the town or you can catch the tram or bus.
I love staying here and I wouldn't stay anywhere else. Me and my husband are already planning our 10th trip to Blackpool.
We look forward to seeing you next year for our yearly visit.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple