“Excellent food, service and ambiance”
Review of Kwizeen Restaurant

Kwizeen Restaurant
Ranked #87 of 753 Restaurants in Blackpool
Price range: US$11 - US$50
Cuisines: European, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Visited this lovely restaurant on a Saturday night whilst spending a weekend in Blackpool for Rebellion Music Festival. Upon entering the restaurant I was immediately struck by how classy and spotlessly clean the place was, with nice lighting and pleasant background music. We hadn't booked and they were very busy, but we were lucky and got the last free table. The tables are nicely spaced out, so you can have a romantic dinner without being too close to other diners. We ordered delicious house red wine as we perused the menu and we were pleasantly surprised to be served with amuse-bouche, a tiny pork pie each and a tiny Yorkshire Pudding with Roast Beef and Horseradish sauce each, which were delicious, then they served us freshly baked bread and butter. We were treating ourselves, so we splashed out and I ordered the starter of Crayfish Tails Oregano Linguini Cream and Garlic Cream Prawns, which was absolute heaven on a plate. My husband chose the Monkfish and Parma Ham with Garlic Mushroom Cream Sauce and declared it exquisite, he said it was one of the best things he'd ever tasted. For mains I chose the sirloin steak (which was cooked to perfection) with a peppered sauce and chunky chips and my husband had a trio of Beef, Lamb and Venison with Dauphinoise Potatoes, which he said was amazing. We could not manage dessert but we did have lovely Irish Coffees and they brought us tiny complimentary desserts of 2 apple pies and 2 lemon meringue pies. It was a truly delightful experience from start to finish. We would definitely go back next time we are in Blackpool. This chef is obviously very passionate about food and the presentation and skill which went into each dish was a delight to behold. Very nice professional service from start to finish.

There are newer reviews for Kwizeen Restaurant

Reviewed 2 August 2013

Recently visited Blackpool for a few days and came across this restaurant thru tripadvisor. I just had to post a review of the night as we were the only people in and the food was the best my wife and I have ever had. We had a couple of mains and a couple of sweets and all four were absolutely amazing! Quality ingredients, excellent combinations and extreemely tasty. Please Blackpool, give these guys a try! Nice people too.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Yet again another fantastic meal at Kwizeen. The quality, presentation and taste are outstanding. My husband and myself both had the steak. Nice to get steak cooked to perfection exactly as asked for. The desserts-one word-yummy!! If you like good food served in relaxing surroundings then visit Kwizeen. You wont be disappointed. Thank you once again for an enjoyable evening.

1  Thank Jane W
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Kwizeen is a short stroll from the centre of Blackpool but is well worth the walk. The food is incredible and there is something to suit even the most adventurous of diner. I recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Blackpool.

Reviewed 26 June 2013

My husband, and two friends visited Kwizeen on Saturday 22nd June. We were visiting Blackpool for a weekend and were at a loss as to where to wat on Saturday night. Luckily I had taken my ipad and decided to look for a restaurant near our hotel. What a find!!!! Our friends Jean and Frank, my husband Derek and myself were impressed as soon as we arrived. The restaurant is tastefully decorated with beautifully starched table cloths and napkins. The head waiter/owner was extremely friendly and offered excellent advice on our choices of food (all sourced locally). We decided on rack of lamb x2 and trio of grilled meats x 2. While we waited for the main meal (unfortunately we had eaten at lunch time therefore could not manage a starter), we were given a small portion of fish and chips!!! Beautifully presented in small cones - what a novelty and amused us greatly. We then received newly baked bread (Sun dried tomato, I think) which was warm and delicious. When our main meals arrived we were delighted with the presentation. We eat out regularly and like to think of ourselves as experienced diners however past experience suggests that when food is presented to such a delicate and high standared, the portions are often fairly small. This was not the case here in Kwizeen. The portion sizes were excellent. the lamb was melt in the mouth consistency, The trio of grills included steak, venison and lamb. I could not decide which I enjoyed more!! We had no room for desert unfortunately but ordered coffee. To our surprise and delight along came another treat....a plateful of small sweets that were a delight to eat (despite being absolutely full). We continued throughout the meal to chat to the owner who was great fun and very attentive. Our only regret was that were were not hungry enough to order starters and puddings, they looked truelly wonderful (taking sneak peaks at other people's plates). I would seriously recommend this restaurant to anyone going to Blackpool for a visit. it is central, quite near the Winter Garden. If we stayed in Blackpool we all agreed that we would apply for a loyalty card.

Thank you so much Kwizeen for a wonderful meal and enjoyable night. Good luck for the future you deserve to be number one restaurant in Blackpool.