“THe FINEST gem in a gastronomic wasteland”
Review of Kwizeen Restaurant

Kwizeen Restaurant
Ranked #79 of 735 Restaurants in Blackpool
Price range: US$10 - US$48
Cuisines: British, European
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“THe FINEST gem in a gastronomic wasteland”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Sadly, whilst Blackpool is my home town...I am hard pressed to find excellent cuisine and food APART from at this restaurant. Not far from the seafront, it is near the Grand Theatre, Winter Gardens and Opera House.

The two gentlemen who run it, Marco and Tony deserve a medal for there delightful food, excellent service, fine choice of House wines and all at reasonable prices.

I have no hesitation in returning and recommending this restaurant.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank JohnBlackpool2014

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“underwhelming”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I called to enquire if we needed to book a table or just drop in I was told I had to make a booking, which I did for 30 minutes later and upon arrival the restaurant was completely empty and remained that way for all 3 courses. The food was quite nice and we chose from the special offer menu, both this one and the a la carte one we felt had little choice. My partner had garlic mushrooms for starter and chicken for his main and both came smothered in the same sauce which we thought was odd. As we were the only diners we were also shocked at the wait time for our food. On a positive note the desserts were fantastic, the chocolate moose was beautiful and presented in a tea cup made of chocolate and the sticky toffee pudding was possibly the best Ive ever had!

Visited June 2014
London
“Delicious food”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Delicious, ample, freshly prepared food with some imaginative touches. Friendly staff. Very good value. We especially enjoyed the home-made sweet basil ice-cream although everything else was delicious too. Special offer prices 6-7pm but you can book for later. Convenient location between the Tower and Blackpool North Station.

Visited June 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good fun”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

The menu choices from the fixed menu were very good. There were a few of us and we either chose fish or chicken. I was a little disappointed with my chicken. It wasn't piping hot and the vegetables were over cooked. Presentation and service were both good. I think that the fish option was the better of the four available.

1 Thank DebJas
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Valentines Day”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Well.. Where better to spend our first Valentine's Day as a married couple than at the home-restaurant of our wedding chef? Marco Calle! You won't find better food anywhere. Marco's attention to detail and utter perfection make it one of the best places we've ever eaten! The delicious home-made bread, quirky starters, filling main and VERY nice deserts had us requesting more. We even bought some to take home! I must not forget Tony and the front of house team who always seem to great everyone warningly and if they're regulars then by name! I find it hard to believe you'll be disappointed with these guys at Kwizeen! Thanks :) x

• Visited February 2014