“Perfect !!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 30 March 2024

Booked a last minute table here and questioned why we don’t come more often. The food was absolutely incredible, I had a special pasta they were testing for their new menu and it was the best pasta dish I’ve had, the boys had pizza which was simply amazing and my partner had the sirloin steak which was cooked to perfection. The staff were amazing with the children and nothing was too much trouble. Excellent, we will be back.

Date of visit: March 2024

Reviewed 15 January 2024

We went as a family group of 11 for a surprise 80th birthday party for my mum. We were seated in the glass marquee on the car park which was warm enough when the door remained closed but it got chilly if they were left open. Not much atmosphere in there though. The food seemed good but was expensive for what it was compared to other places I have been. Waiting staff were excellent, friendly and attentive.

The low rating is due to the attitude of the proprietor. I was taken ill as I was about to leave. I managed to get out of the marquee and i could see another party waiting to go in. I quickly went into a passage leading to the back door of the restaurant where the waiting guests couldn’t see but couldn’t make it any further.

I had been feeling a bit off colour that day and I didn’t want anyone to assume it was the food that had caused me to feel that way when that may not have been the case, although on reflection, it may have been a factor as I tried mussels for the first time.

The waiting staff were brilliant bringing water and serviettes to me. Unfortunately the proprietor then came out of the kitchen and without stopping to enquire as to whether i was ok or whether I needed any medical help, he proceeded to go into a whinge about having to deal with cross contamination, infection, how it would affect his business and if I was going to do it again. I should find a grid and do it there. I felt belittled. I also felt like I should have done it in the marquee instead.

Just for the record, I was stone cold sober as I had driven down from Preston to collect my son from Leigh before driving straight up to Blackpool and I was doing the same journey after the meal. I had two glasses of coke at the meal because I do not drink and drive for anyone.

This isn’t a Michelin starred restaurant, It doesn’t even hold a 5 star food hygiene rating from Blackpool Council and the proprietor needs a few lessons In customer service as a business without customers won’t stay a business for very long. I certainly won’t be returning as there are loads better places than this!

Date of visit: January 2024
Reviewed 6 January 2024

We visited Italio for a birthday meal and what a surreal experience. I ordered sea bass but requested no butter as I cannot eat it. I was told that I could have no butter on my fish and vegetables but I would be unable to have the potatoes without butter. I accepted this but why they couldn’t simply microwave some potatoes was beyond me.

When the food came it consisted of roasted baby sweetcorn, roasted carrots and the smallest fillet of sea bass I have ever seen. The cost of this was £16.95. At the end of the meal the very polite and young waitress asked if our food was ok. I remarked that what I had was very nice but it was a very small portion for the amount charged.

The waitress dutifully took the plates away and the owner was waiting for her as she returned to the kitchen. My husband was sat facing the kitchen and saw the owner manhandle the young girl into the kitchen. He then spoke to her, clearly asking what we had said. He then came out of the kitchen and spoke to my husband, telling him his problems, that myself and my female friend with us were problems and that he also had domestic problems. My husband said that may be the case but we were asked if the food was ok and we replied honestly that what we had was fine but very small.

The owner then went into a real strop and did nothing more than tell us we were barred!!!!!! Four professional business people in our 50s and 60s barred for giving feedback that the portions were small. He refused to let us pay and just ranted that we were barred! It was like dealing with Basil Fawlty. We left immediately.

The owner is clearly unhinged and has no comprehension of customer service or acceptance of constructive feedback. We eat out several times a week and use all the eateries on Highfield Road. We may be barred from Italio but after our experience last night we wouldn’t have gone back anyway. Eat there if you choose but beware of giving any negative feedback as the owner simply cannot accept it and flys into an uncontrollable temper. The customer definitely isn’t important at this restaurant, the only thing important here is the owners ego.

Date of visit: January 2024
1  Thank fruitnveg
Reviewed 29 December 2023

Was really looking forward to eating here as it was highly recommended so I booked it for my partners birthday. Unfortunately the service was really terrible, we was told due to the wait our drinks would be free which they weren't. The pizzas tasted average. Only positives were the onion rings which were the best Ive ever had and the stuffed Pancake dessert. Won't be going again though.

Date of visit: December 2023
2  Thank Elizabeth F
Reviewed 17 December 2023 via mobile

The atmosphere was warm and friendly. The food was delicious and hot. Definitely visit again. Great price. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Date of visit: December 2023