“superb holiday”

The Royal Boston Hotel
Ranked #14 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Just back from a 5day holiday staying at the Boston in Blackpool with my 80year old mother and 8year old daughter.We had a fantastic time.The room was well decorated and clean and a great seaview .The food was excellent even catered for my diet.Staff were very friendly too.And lastly but by no means least the entertainment every nite was superb we will definatly be goin back and cant wait.

Room Tip: ask for a seaview
2  Thank Morag M

Reviewed 2 November 2011

hi i am just back from the boston hotel in blackpool myself and my two daughters had a great time their and would go back the staff was very friendly and the food was very good aswell our room was very clean and tidy and i would go back myself and i would recommend to family and friends.

Room Tip: at the front great view
2  Thank Michelle H
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Just back from a long weekend in Blackpool and stayed at the Boston again, friendly staff, good room overlooking the front and sea, food was tasty all in all a good place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alan C
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I was visiting Blackpool for a reunion and just wanted somewhere nice for B&B, I normally stay elsewhere but the reviews on here made me decide to try the BOSTON. I wasn't disappointed, I had a nice friendly greeting on arrival and was quickly in my nicely decorated room. I had a little work to do initially so went to the bar and the staff immediately helped me connect to the free wifi. When I returned to my hotel after night out the bar was still open so I had a couple of quick drinks, which were very reasonably priced. Breakfast was very tasty and fresh. The staff in the hotel are all very friendly and helpful, I was talking to a maid on my floor who was a real hoot, I wish I could remember her name as I would give her a name check. All in all I would defo visit again and recommend to others

Room Tip: Sea Views on front of building, though could be noisy on road, side would be better
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank H T
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Stayed in the Boston for a long weekend to see the illuminations. We stayed on the top floor, which was quiet and nicely furnished. The food was great, the staff were friendly and helpful, and all in all we had a great time.

Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Stephen C
Reviewed 29 October 2011

We have just returned from a mid-week break from our 1st visit to the Boston and would have no hesitation in recommending it to friends and family. From the minute you check in at reception, all the staff and friendly and attentive. They have obviously been some serious renovations done and the room we had, although a basic double, was nicely decorated, clean and comfortable, with everything you would require. Lovely dining room, attentive staff and tasty meals with something for everyone (not the usual Blackpool fare I may add). The entertainment that we had in our break, were all very good and no problem getting a seat either. Aiden the compare is lovely and bubbly and keeps a good atmosphere going throughout the evening and bar staff are friendly, quick and efficient. All in all, one of the best hotels we stayed at in Blackpool. Top maks to everyone as together they make it work.

Room Tip: Although our room (210) was lovely throughout, the placement of the toilet made it difficult to sit...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lorisib
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Clean comfortable room. Joe and the staff did a super job in the restaurant and the food was tasty and hot. The chicken nuggets I ordered for my son were real homemade nuggets and you could taste the difference. The manager and reception staff were polite and helpful as were the bar staff. Aideen did a terrific job in the nightly entertainment and the guest acts were of a high quality. Aideen was warm, freindly and funny not too mention looking so beautiful each night. I would say this hotel offers some of the best value in Blackpool and would reccomend it for Adults and a base for family visits.

Room Tip: Ask for a seaview but the Hotel is usually busy.
1  Thank Gordi64