“Good value for money”

Mardi Gras Guest Accommodation
Ranked #394 of 861 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 September 2011

We stayed at the Mardi Gras Hotel which is a gay run hotel although there was quite a mix of couples staying there. The style and decor of the hotel was better than I expected. The staff were very pleasant and attentive although responses to e-mails need to be improved and a better indication of where to park on their website (just a thought Mardi Gras). There is no parking at this hotel, but for £3 you can park two streets away (1000 yards). It wasn't a problem and at that price well done Blackpool!. The rooms are clean and well maintained with posibly only one slight problem with the water pipes that can be heard (when you notice it) filling up the various tanks. To be fair it really wasn't too noticeable. If you're going to Balckpool for a long weekend then I would consider this hotel value for money. The breakfasts are included in the room price and they were served by a very pleasant and very efficient member of staff who managed 30 breakfasts on the table hot and fast!. In fact the breakfasts were excellent(but I've come to expect that in Blackpool). It might have been nicer to start the breakfasts earlier than 9:30, but as most of the residents were probably out on the razz the night before, they probably know from experience that 9:30 is the best time. In short was it value for money at £25 a head YES, will I go back and stay there for a long weekend? Yes Do they have smoking rooms YES. Is it only a few streets away from the promenade and I prefer this end(North End) of Blackpool to the slightly noisier Centrel Pier area. Oh and there's a newsagents a street or two away. Be careful if you have difficulty with stairs though they were a bit steep for my mother, but she managed them. All in all a good stay. Next time I think we'll use the train as the station was only two streets away.

Room Tip: Phone them for info as e-mails are not always responded to.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Richard1948161HQ, Owner at Mardi Gras Guest Accommodation, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2011

Thank you for your lovely review, I have passed on your comments to the staff also I have spoken to Stephen who deals with the e-mails and he has taken steps to improve with response times I look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 4 September 2011

Absolutely fabulous. Is probably the best way to describe this B & B. We have been so often i couldn't say how many times but standards have never changed. Crisp clean linnen. Friendly atmosphere Superb breakfast . Good sized bar area with realistic priced drinks. Never have i had a problem with anything here. I would recommend to anyone who likes a good B & B to give it a try.
Will be back soon. Thanks to ALL there for ANOTHER really enjoyable stay.
Also they have now got mardi gras II. Si if they are booked up. Try this one. Stayed there also. Brilliant!!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Thanks guys it was lovely to see you again look forward to the next time

Reviewed 31 August 2011

We drove past this b and b and couldn't believe the price of the rooms. When we went inside we we surprised and how trendy the bar and breakfast area was. The staff were all very friendly and the rooms had all u need. Breakfast was also impressive. The price does not reflect on what u get for your money. Great value and location. We look forward to staying again. Thanks guys. X

• Stayed: August 2011
Richard1948161HQ, Owner at Mardi Gras Guest Accommodation, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2011

Thank you for your review, I'm so happy you passed by and saw the great offers we have at the moment to stay here at the Mardi Gras Guest Accommodation, I hope we have now got you as a regular guest and you keep returning.

Reviewed 30 August 2011

rooms are clean and tidy breakfast ample and a good choice,beer kept to high standard and not too pricey,staff very good and friendly plus smoking rooms,we will defo be back.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Hi, Thank you for your review sounds like you had a great time and the beer's cheap, look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 26 August 2011

I highly recommend staying at Mardi Gras. I stayed there last weekend from 19 to 21 of August 2011 and I really enjoyed it. The staff are very welcoming and friendly, my room was tidy, clean and welcoming. The food was excellent. It's a great place to spend your holiday and I had such a great time there. I will be going back nexted year too.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Richard1948161HQ, Owner at Mardi Gras Guest Accommodation, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2011

Thank you for your review, and I am glad a high percentage of people like you who stay with us are happy with the service we provide. Thank you again.

Reviewed 26 August 2011

Me and my girlfreind arrived on 25th august the room was disgusting and very dirty the walls and ceiling was peeling and the room smelt of human faecies and was unpleasant the staff including the gen manager the owner and the rude old waiter with glasses who serves you breakfast were unproffessional rude and speaks to guests as though we were something they found on the bottom of their shoes! I am in the hospitality business myself and when I complained they told me to go elsewhere and gave me 5mins to pack all our stuff and get out then charged me for 2 nights even tho we only stayed 1 night and then threatened me with abusive language and behaviour and said he would throw our luggage out on the roadside if we didn't leave!this is not a place I would ever recomend even to my worst enemy!I was thinking of reporting the mardi gras to the police after their aggressive display and I hope trip advisor will pay attention to my comments as this is not what I believe they would or any other hospitality web site would want to recomend to there users! This hotel\guest house is a disgrace and I not surprised is below 200 as one of the dirtiest rudist ever place I have ever stayed at! Do not ever and I mean ever stay here it is a ses pit of a hell hole!

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank peterdungworth

I think anyone reading this, will be able to see right through this review. You where if not the worst ever guest I have ever had the misfortune to walk through my door.

From the start you had my manager up to your room twice and he reported to me that the room was clean, he offered to change rooms for you to try and keep you happy and you decided to stay where you were. So in my opinion the room was not as bad as you made out, cause I'm sure I'd of been out of there if it was as you described.

You even admitted to him that your partner had a problem with OCD which you apologised for. The next day you caught my cleaners doing their duties and demanded they hoover the room and polish the furniture while your partner looked on, and I over looked that because of your partners issues. You then went out for the day and came back around 5pm, you came down again and spoke to my manager in a way I found unacceptable concerning the room tidy which was carried out so I intervened. You spoke to me in a more polite manner informing me that you was recommended by a friend who stayed here who had a great time, which tells me something about you, I told you that I felt we have been very accommodating to your demanding attitude and I felt that whatever we try to do for you it would not be good enough, so I said that I would give you a part refund off your stay (more than you say in your review) and you could if you wanted to leave. You said you would need to ask your partner and you would let me know. You did not have the decency to come and tell me your decision you walk out of the building without you partner or any luggage. So the rude old waiter you describe who in fact happens to be my business partner asked you where you was going and again quite rudely and I can't print the exact words said you where looking for somewhere else to stay, he then told you that no that was not acceptable the basis of your refund would be to leave now. You still went off looking for somewhere else, so you where lucky to get your refund.

When you finally left you where quite abusive, your OCD partner didn't say a word. I would like to inform any guest accommodation provider to take a note of this reviewer and steer clear of them both as what ever you do for them it won't be enough.

Reviewed 23 August 2011

My partner and I have been touring Great Britain for 2 weeks and decided to make a stop in Blackpool, It was all very spur-of-the-moment and I did an internet search and found Mardi Grad. I am SO glad I did. I got an almost instant reply to an email inquiry the night before our arrival and from the moment we checked in until the moment we checked out Steve and the staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful! They have such a warm and welcoming place. Our room was great with one of the most comfortable beds we've had on this trip. The room and bathroom were clean and comfortable.

We checked out very early so we didn't get a chance to enjoy the breakfast.

The only reason I didn't give this place an "excellent" - and I'll admit that this is an issue that may only be important to me - is that we were in a room overlooking the street and it was a little difficult to get to sleep with the flood lights coming in the windows after dark. Admittedly we are not "night owls" so folks coming in late after a night on the town may have no problem with this at all. This would not stop me from coming back again (we have the same problem with a B&B in Provincetown, Massachusetts USA we stay at just
about every year).

Given some of his comments, Steve clearly prides himself on providing economical accommodations, and they are - but more importantly, I think, it that he provides outstanding, comfortable, and friendly accommodations!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Hi thank you for your review I hope you had a safe journey from Blackpool to Wales, we do try to provide everyone with a comfortable stay, Thank you again.