“outstanding and first class”
Review of Glen Guest House

Glen Guest House
Ranked #8 of 853 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
“outstanding and first class”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

this was the first time we stayed at the glen, and it wont be the last. from the moment we walked through the door we were made to feel very welcome, john was an excellent host and went above and beyond to make our stay a memorable one. our room and the guesthouse was decorated to a very high standard with comfort at mind, the guesthouse was spotless throughout. breakfast was first class with everything you could wish for on offer. if your looking for a great place to stay in blackpool then look no further. thank you john for making our weekend a great one.

Dear Andy,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Glen. I really do appreciate it.
It was a pleasure to meet you both and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with me.
Hope you will come and stay again.
John

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Having stayed at the glen a number of years ago it was fantastic to find the standard exceeded expectations, from arrival to departure john could not have been a better or more helpful host, The rooms are of a high quality and spotless, The breakfast would take a lot of beating, well cooked and presented with a superb choice, Johns knowledge of the area is so useful when planning your day and also his recommendations of places to dine is spot on, With on site parking and all the other good aspects of the glen including its location We have no hesitation in recommending this as an excellent place to stay and we look forward to staying there again in the future
Tim & Yvonne (Stockport)

Dear Tim & Yvonne,
Thank you for your review. It was so lovely to meet you both and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with me.
I hope that you enjoyed your anniversary and I look forward to your return next year.
Marske-by-the-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Having stayed in blackpool a few times before, i have always been disappointed with the accommodation i have chose, however this was not the case when it came to staying at the glen!
On arrival the outside was nicely presented and tidy. Having somewhere to park was a must and the parking facility at the glen was perfect.
We had arrived a few hours before check in as to make a day of it, John made us feel welcome from the off, checking us in there and then and even saying he would get the room ready for us earlier if we wanted.
Our room was lovely, newly decorated throughout, it gave off a very 'warm and cosy' feel, the ensuite was also very impressive, very modern and clean.
On our first night we enquired whether there was anywhere nice to go for an Indian meal, the help was brilliant and the meal impressed.
When it came to breakfast no fault could be found! John went above on beyond making sure everything was okay, and he even offered to do me something that he didn't have on the menu as i didn't fancy a cooked breakfast the second morning.
When it came to checking out John allowed us to leave our car at the glen while we spent our last day in blackpool which we really appreciated.
Without a doubt the next time we come to blackpool we will be saying at the glen and wouldn't hesitate to recommend the glen to our friends and family.
Thanks John for making our stay at the glen first class, we look forward to staying with you again sometime in the future.

Clare and Darren

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Clare & Darren,
Thank you so much for your kind words. It was my pleasure to have you stay at the Glen and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to seeing you again next year.
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The Glen is defiantly the place to stay. I have stayed in many of the big chain hotels in Blackpool but never again they have nothing on the experience we had at the Glen. From the moment we arrived John took us is to is home and made us feel welcome.John was a great host and couldn't do enough for you.The guesthouse was spotless throughout, Breakfast was fantastic I would defiantly stop at The Glen again.

I would like to thank John for a great weekend ;-)

Lynsay & Ian

Room Tip: every room as its own theme and are stunning.
1 Thank Lynsay J
John C, Owner at Glen Guest House, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear Lynsay & Ian,
Thanks for your review of the Glen Guest House. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with me. It was my pleasure to look after you both and I was delighted that you came out for a couple of drinks with me.
I'm looking forward to your return.
Best wishes
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2013

This was are second stay in Blackpool and a more enjoyable experience , Thanks to John and The Glen . The room was spotless and throughout the Hotel . We always had a warm welcome at breakfast :-) which was superb .
We would definitely stay there again and recommend it to other's . Many Thanks Andrew & Donna
( stayed 11th 12th October 2013 )

John C, Owner at Glen Guest House, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Dear Andrew & Donna,
Thank you for your review. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay at the Glen and thank you for your comments on my cleanliness.
It was a pleasure to meet you both and I look forward to your return next year.
Coventry
Reviewed 13 October 2013

From the moment we walked in, we felt welcomed by the fantastic atmosphere that John has created at the Glen. We were shown to our room straight-away and were very impressed from the off.

One thing that the Glen does better than other places we've stayed is that even the smallest details make a big impression. The rooms are all en-suite and all have the facilities you would need for your stay i.e. basic toiletries (shower gel, shampoo, conditioner) and the room was equipped with TV/DVD combo and complimentary tea/coffee/bottled water.

Upon arrival at the Guest House, we were given a small, basic form to fill out for breakfast to state what we would like for the weekend. We thought this was a good idea as food wouldn't be wasted and it would be served directly to your table with everything you had ordered.

Another brilliant thing about the Glen is that John cannot do enough for you. He was always there to offer advice on things to do (on the first night, he recommended a pub for us to watch the England game with some great food) and the following morning, even telephoned and walked across the road to get us some complimentary entrance tickets to Blackpool Pleasure Beach.

Although we stayed in the small double room, it was easily big enough for the two of us. My only downside about the whole experience (and it is something that didn't majorly bother us) was the size of, and the flow of water in the shower. If you want a cold shower, the water flow will be quite fast but for a relatively warm shower, the water is quite slow running. We can only assume this was because we were staying on the top floor and the pressure of the water was affected because of this. As I have already said, it wasn't a major problem and wouldn't affect our decision about staying here again.

The location of the Guest House is extremely good if you are looking to experience the promenade and local attractions throughout a weekend. You are literally one minutes walk from the promenade but because of the double-glazing and the superb location, you cannot hear the busy night-life on the promenade.

Overall our stay the Glen was fantastic and we cannot thank John enough for his brilliant hospitality. We are already thinking about coming back to Blackpool again next year and our first choice of stay will definitely be at the Glen Guest House.

Room Tip: Room 5 was our room - very decent!
John C, Owner at Glen Guest House, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Dear Marc,
Thank you so very much for your review. I am delighted that you both enjoyed your stay with me at the Glen. It was a pleasure to meet you both and I do hope you will come back and see me again soon, (next time you are coming out on the town with me).
Thank you for alerting me to the water pressure in the shower, I am hoping to renew the showers on the top of the house with electric showers, which I hope will rectify the issue.
Once again, thank you for your kind words and I look forward to you both returning soon.
Dumfries, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 October 2013

This was our first visit to The Glen,3rd to 6th October and would recommend it to anyone,the owner John is a fantastic host and the guest house was spotless with a great breakfast.
Thanks again John and Tracey.

1 Thank john_m186513
John C, Owner at Glen Guest House, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Dear John & Tracey,
Thank you for writing your review so swiftly. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay at the Glen. It was my pleasure to look after you both and lovely to meet you.
I look forward to your return.