“First class!”
Review of Glen Guest House

Glen Guest House
Ranked #17 of 859 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Fantastic weekend away at the glen. John, the proprietor was amazing, really friendly and welcoming. The room was exceptionally clean, breakfast was superb and perfect for any fussy eater. Will definitely be staying again In the future, hopefully sooner than later. Thanks again for the hospitality john.
All the best
Paul & Tanisha

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
John C, Owner at Glen Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Paul & Tanisha,
Thank you so very much for your kind words. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Glen. It was my pleasure to have you both stay and look after you.
I will definitely pop and say hello next time I am in Swansea. Let Tanisha wait on me!!!!
Take are and come back to visit soon.

There are newer reviews for Glen Guest House

Reviewed 13 April 2014

My partner and I stayed her on the 9th and 10th April for a midweek break.
It was our first visit to this guest house and John (the owner) couldn't have done any more.
Upon arrival he made sure that we had parking and even though we were early our room was ready. A nice room with everything we needed. Had an electric shower, sink and toilet in the on suite and even being on the large side there was plenty of room. The bedding was feather and down and of good quality. Tea and coffee making facilities and good quality toiletries supplied, even down to shower gel. He had even provided slippers for each of us - a nice touch.
The room was really clean and light and airy.
The breakfast in the guest house was hearty and of good quality. Perfectly cooked fried eggs, nice thick tasty bacon and good meaty sausages. He even caters for vegetarians. All food is sourced locally and of great quality. The guest house is just off the front which helped shelter us from the wind. Bar prices were very reasonable as well.
John makes the place, he is just so friendly and obliging.
I really hope we can get back up there again soon, would only stay somewhere else if he is full.
He recommended a great Indian restaurant a short walk away and I would definitely seek his suggestions again. The guest house has free wifi with a decent speed.
It was just like staying with a really good close friend and we didn't want to leave.
Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
John C, Owner at Glen Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Michael,
Thank you so very much for such a lovely review. I am delighted that you both enjoyed your stay with me at the Glen. It was my pleasure to meet you and look after you during your stay here.
It is so special for me when strangers arrive for a stay at my guest house and leave as friends. You are both gentlemen and I look forward to our next meeting.
Best wishes
John xx

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We went for a two night anniversary break, it was fab,John was so welcoming. The guest house was immaculate so clean and everything you need is there. The food was delicious with plenty of it. The beds were so comfy too. We got engaged while we were there John got us chocolates and our first card. He's lovely, would recommend this beautiful place to everyone.We ended up staying an extra night. We will definitely be going back there. Thanks John xx

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
John C, Owner at Glen Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Lynda & Sean,
Thank you so much for your kind words. It was a pleasure to meet you both and I am delighted that you got engaged at The Glen.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and liked the room with the new en suite.
I look forward to your return and keep me informed about the wedding plans.
John x

Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed at the Glen Guest House from the 15th-17th Feb 2014 as the hotel we had originally booked with was cancelled last minute. All I can say is we were not dissapointed, so glad we stayed here.The guest house is very modern and clean and nothing is a problem to the owner John, you can clearly see he takes pride in what he's got. Also I would like to thank Carlos for the Tapas he made us and the amazing allioli! We would without a doubt, most definitely stay here again!! Keep up the good work, you're doing an amazing job. Oh and the breakfast is excellent - the choice is all yours!!!

See you soon, Gail and Scott from Scotland x

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gail L
John C, Owner at Glen Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Gail & Scott,
Thank you so much for your review. It was our pleasure to have you stay at the Glen Guest House and we are delighted that you enjoyed your time here.
We are also happy that you enjoyed the tapas that Carlos cooked.
Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

The Glen Guest house is a superb place to stay, me and my boyfriend went there for a long weekend and it exceeded all our expectations. the rooms are beautifully decorated and come with all the essentials a hotel would provide. The breakfast is amazing, you can choose what you want for your full English (good for me as I'm a fussy eater!) and it is cooked to perfection. John the owner is welcoming, friendly and funny and Carlos is the same. We will definitely be going back in the summer! Everyone should go here!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
John C, Owner at Glen Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Thank you so much for your review.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that breakfast was enjoyed. As I advised I source local produce whenever possible.
Come back and visit your Nan again and bring your sister with you next time.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

top marks for this guest house we have even booked our return visit for June John an Carlos are both so welcoming make you feel at home .. spotless rooms beautiful breakfast ...see u soon from Richard an Cheryl x

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Richard & Cheryl,
Thank you for writing your review for the Glen Guest House. We really do appreciate your kind words. We are also so delighted to hear your exciting news.
We are looking forward to your return in June.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

The Glen has to be without a doubt the best guest house/ b&b I have ever stay in. John the owner was very welcoming and helpful and best of all had good banter with the group. The rooms wer out off this world,with lots of freebies!!! ;) and extremely clean. Breakfast was beautiful and could pick wot u had on your plate with me being a picky eater was fab! We all really enjoyed our stay at the glen and this would be the only place we would stay when we come back 2 Blackpool.

Great value for money and close to the town so if your going to Blackpool the only place to stay is The Glen xx

• Stayed: February 2014
John C, Owner at Glen Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear Vickie,
Thank you so much for your review. I am delighted that you and your friends enjoyed your stay at the Glen. It was a pleasure to meet you all and was great to have a chat in the bar.
I do hope you will all return later in the year.