“Brill stay”
Review of Glen Guest House

Glen Guest House
Ranked #18 of 860 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Yet another brilliant stay. John is an amazing host. Goes out his way to help you. Bedrooms very comfortable. Breakfast brill. Best b and b in Blackpool. Will difo be back. Close to my strip but far enough so you dont get alot of noise.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lesley R
John C, Owner at Glen Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Lesley & William,
Thanks a million for you review, It was a real pleasure to welcome you back again and lovely to meet your Grand Parents, I am delighted that you all enjoyed your stay. Enjoy the summer in Scotland and maybe see you for the illuminations.
John xx

There are newer reviews for Glen Guest House

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed for two nights over the Bank holiday.Lovely B&B. Spotlessly clean and very comfortable. John is a fabulous host and makes a great breakfast :-)
All the little extras in the room are very thoughtful and the parking was really useful
Barney and Molly are so cute and John is a star in the B&B world.
Would highly recommend and would stay there again.
Thanks for a great stay

1  Thank EvitaUK
John C, Owner at Glen Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you so much for your review, As you can see I read and reply to all reviews because it is very important for me to know how my guests feel about their stay at The Glen.
I pride myself in offering a very clean, comfortable house with a great breakfast and I thank you for acknowledging that.
I do hope you will both come back and visit again soon.
kind regards

Reviewed 16 May 2014

We booked the Glen for a one night stay. Lovely, friendly owner who made us feel very welcome. He gave us some good advice on places to eat. The room was lovely and clean with a very comfortable bed and curtains that blocked out the light. Parking was a bonus. Cannot recommend the breakfast highly enough - spot on. We won't mention the milk John!! A lovely place. You were right, Lytham is a lovely place to visit. Will definitely return to The Glen if out this way again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
John C, Owner at Glen Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Stephen,
Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your night at the Glen. It was a pleasure to meet you both. I am pleased that you enjoyed Lytham.
Enough said about the milk!!!!
Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

The title says it all......... I can't recommend Johns fantastic establishment enough. Johns eye for detail, his great cooking, his warm and friendly Irish charm and just adorable dogs Barney and Molly just make this a real home away from home like I have never experienced before. We are seasoned business travellers and stay away 4 night a week in various hotels and guest houses and I can genuinely say this is the best by far! Am so glad you followed your life's ambition John! Your home/ business is a real credit to you and you deserve the awards you are receiving!!! Number 1 soon...you wait and see! Sorry we didn't stay in and watch the Eurovision with you...think it would've been fun.... Had a tear in my eye when you waved Molly's paw goodbye from the door. Take care and I really hope we will be back again sometime! And remember if you open up a chain of boutique places make one down this way please.....

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
John C, Owner at Glen Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Nikki,
What can I saw????
Thank you so very much for your kind words. It was my pleasure to look after you and meet you both. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. It does happen every now and again where you meet some guests who automatically become friends. I truly hope that you will come and visit the next time you are up this way. I'm sure Molly & Barney would be delighted to see you also.
Again, thank you for such a kind review.
John x

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed one night, room was lovely and clean, I've stayed in a few B&Bs in Blackpool and this has been by far my best stay, gorgeous modern rooms , tv , DVD player, even supplied DVDs and all toiletries for no extra charge, breakfast was perfect , had parking space! and the owner was really friendly , would defiantly stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you so much for writing this review, I really do appreciate it, All reviews are read by me and I answer everyone personally.
It was a pleasure to meet you both even though it was a short stay, I hope you will come back again and maybe stay a bit longer.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

My husband and spent two nights at The Glen Guest house last weekend. This place certainly lives up to its reviews. John is an absolute gem and nothing is too much trouble for him. He is a lovely guy, so friendly, and his two dogs Barney and Molly are absolutely adorable. Our room (Room 2) was small but perfectly equipped, however I would say the bathroom was a bit too small, but again, well equipped and immaculately clean. Any request you have - John can deal with it. He does all the cooking himself and the breakfasts were lovely. I asked for poached eggs and he said he had never cooked them before, but he actually practised that afternoon and turned out two perfectly cooked poached eggs the next morning. I also mentioned that I like satsumas and the next morning there were satsumas in the fruit bowl for me. John also recommended a lovely chinese restaurant and booked us a table. The restaurant was great and lived up to his recommendation - he also gave us a card which got us 10% off our restaurant bill.

The Glen is perfectly situated for the Blackpool promenade. 5 minutes walk to the nearest tram stop and no more than 15 minutes walk to the central promenade. There is free off-street parking at the guest house and free wi-fi.

I can thoroughly recommend this place as the perfect place to stay for your short break in Blackpool.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
John C, Owner at Glen Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Sue,
Thank you so much for writing such a detailed review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay here at the Glen. I appreciate that the en suite in room 2 is long and narrow but it has just been totally refurbished and I think works well.
It is good to know that you enjoyed my breakfast (even the poached eggs)......
It was a pleasure to meet you both and I hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We recently stayed here for 3 nights and had a great time. The b & b is lovely with the added bonus of free parking. Breakfast lovely and always presented well, great background music too. John the owner is a friendly guy who genuinely cares about his business and makes sure everybody is happy. I even received a surprise birthday card and gift which was so thoughtful. Our room was a reasonable size with a lovely comfy bed. Overall John is one of the nicest owners in the hotel industry that we've ever met. Keep on doing what your doing :) Cheryl and Chris xx

John C, Owner at Glen Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Cheryl & Chris,
Thank you for your kind words. I am delighted that you enjoyed your birthday weekend at the Glen. It was a pleasure to meet you both and I hope you will come back again in the future.