“A wee gem just off the prom”
Review of Glen Guest House

Glen Guest House
Ranked #7 of 856 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Cowdenbeath, United Kingdom
“A wee gem just off the prom”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Many thanks john

Needed a hotel close to the football stadium for the Rod Stewart concert and found this gem near the prom and a short walk to the trams

A wonderful break made to feel welcome immediately on arrival this six bed roomed guesthouse offers bed and breakfast with prompt service and exceptional value

The breakfast offered is full and varied , the hotel also has a bar which is fully stocked and room service can be provided if requested

Friendly staff, clean and tidy rooms. a wee gem off the prom

John fife scotland

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank j0hn7561
Dear John,
Thank you so much for your kind words. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with me at the Glen. You are welcome back anytime.
John

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed at glen guest house for 2nights and had a fantastic time.We had family in blackpool at the same time who stayed elsewhere. We were pleased with the location but even more so with the standard of the accommodation and the service. The rooms were very well decorated and had excellent touches that would rival some 5 star hotels we have stayed in, robes, slippers and toiletries. I suppose the addition is the excellent standard of service from John- very welcoming and couldn't have done enough to accommodate his guests. If you are looking for somewhere a little more upmarket than your average Blackpool guest house then look no further!

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Lindsaylovestotravel
Dear Linda & Archie,
Thank you so much for your review. I am sorry for the delay in responding but it has been a little manic over the last couple of weeks.
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Glen. It was my pleasure to meet you both and I really hope you will come back and stay again.
Ireland, West Virginia
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I recently stay at The Glen and I cannot wait to return. From the moment I walked in I felt completely at home. It is so beautifully decorated, so welcoming and I loved it straight away. I stayed in room 5 which was amazing. I really felt pampered, it was an effort to even leave the room. The shower was fab plus all the toiletries were on par to staying at a spa. The bed was so comfortable and the duvet/pillows/covers etc were just luxurious. It really was hard to leave and go home. I'm saving the best till last...John. Wow, what can I say. He is an amazing host. So genuinely lovely, welcoming, helpful, funny and gorgeous. Makes you feel at home straight away. You can see how much he loves what he does and he must be so proud. Thank you John. I can't wait to return. Annie

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Annie M
Dear Annie,
I don't know what to say except thank you so very much for your kind words. I actually blushed while reading your review.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your few days at the Glen and Blackpool. It was my pleasure to look after you and I really do hope you come back to stay again soon.
Again, thank you so much.
skipton
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed here last year and had a great stay , we returned last weekend and The Glen was even better than before (which to be fair took some beating!) The rooms are lovely and John has thought of everything from slippers and robes to handy toiletries including make- up remover wipes and toothpaste! The breakfast last time was nice but this time it was even better! fresh butchers meat with all the trimmings all serve piping hot! We will be back and really believe the Glen is first class!
louise and Ric x

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank louise h
John C, Owner at Glen Guest House, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Louise & Ric,
When you said you were going to write another review I didn't expect such kind words.
Thank you so very much for your kind words. I am delighted that the little touches are appreciated. It was lovely to see you both again and I hope you will come back again for a longer stay.
John x
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Everything about the Glen was fantastic, we arrived before check in time as we caught the train there, I gave John a call who was at the gym and within 5 minutes he was there to let us in.We went to our room and it was very welcoming, chocolates on the bed slippers and robes. The bathroom was spotless and the shower was brilliant. I chose to stay at the Glen because of the reviews about Johns breakfast and it didn't disappoint. Where going back to blackpool in October and if there's rooms available I will certainly stay at the Glen.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Lufc9
John C, Owner at Glen Guest House, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Michael,
Thank you so much for posting a review on Laterooms and on Tripadvisor for me. It is very much appreciated.
I am delighted that you both enjoyed your stay at the Glen, even if you did drag me out of the gym!!!
It was a pleasure to meet you both and I really do hope you return in Oct with the family.
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Yet another brilliant stay. John is an amazing host. Goes out his way to help you. Bedrooms very comfortable. Breakfast brill. Best b and b in Blackpool. Will difo be back. Close to my strip but far enough so you dont get alot of noise.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lesley R
John C, Owner at Glen Guest House, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Lesley & William,
Thanks a million for you review, It was a real pleasure to welcome you back again and lovely to meet your Grand Parents, I am delighted that you all enjoyed your stay. Enjoy the summer in Scotland and maybe see you for the illuminations.
John xx
Uk
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed for two nights over the Bank holiday.Lovely B&B. Spotlessly clean and very comfortable. John is a fabulous host and makes a great breakfast :-)
All the little extras in the room are very thoughtful and the parking was really useful
Barney and Molly are so cute and John is a star in the B&B world.
Would highly recommend and would stay there again.
Thanks for a great stay

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EvitaUK
John C, Owner at Glen Guest House, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you so much for your review, As you can see I read and reply to all reviews because it is very important for me to know how my guests feel about their stay at The Glen.
I pride myself in offering a very clean, comfortable house with a great breakfast and I thank you for acknowledging that.
I do hope you will both come back and visit again soon.
kind regards