“Excellent weekend Away” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 913 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent weekend Away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

My wife and I have just returned from a Northern Soul weekend away with our friends staying at the excellent Glen Guest House. The Glen is ideally situated, a 2 minute walk to the bottom of the road puts you on the front by the Central Pier. The house is tastefully decorated and the rooms are spotlessly clean with lovely touches such as robes, slippers and toiletries, although our room was a little compact. A big advantage is the on site parking as the Blackpool side roads can get very congested and parking can be difficult to find. The breakfast is to die for and some of us had to reduce our requirements on the second morning as they could not manage a second helping. But one of the best things about the Glen is John the owner, he is a genuine likeable man who always takes time to talk to you and make sure you are enjoying your stay, not only at his guest house but in Blackpool in general. We enjoyed having pre-drinks in the resonably priced bar, with him and his friends before we set out on the night. When we go back to Blackpool for our next Northern Soul outing we will definitely be staying at the Glen.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Pete_D0nna
John C, Owner at Glen Guest House, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thanks so much for your kind words. It was a pleasure to meet the 4 of you and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at The Glen. It was also great to have a drink and a chat in the bar.
I look forward to your next visit.
John

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Bridgend, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Had sourced the hotel through trip advisor. Totally spot on and delivered everything we wanted in our stay. John is a top bloke who caters to your needs and is very helpfull and is genuinely a decent fella. The room was cosy and nicely decorated. Some lovely touches dressing gowns slippers and toiletries. What a superb breakfast over the two mornings we stayed. In fact best breakfast ive ever had and ive had a few. Very closely situated to the sea front and everything else. Was an absolute pleasure to stay there and would most definately tell everyone lookin for a top class b@b to go there. Thanks to John and all his hard work that he puts in to make sure your stay is the best

• Stayed July 2014
John C, Owner at Glen Guest House, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words. It was a pleasure to meet you both and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay.
Hope you will come back and stay again when in Blackpool.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I have recently returned from a week-end stay with a friend at The Glen and we will certainly be returning for our next break in Blackpool. John is so welcoming and friendly that he made us feel as if we had known him for years! The service and hospitality he provides is second to none; he tries to think of everything from taking your suitcase to your room to providing a selection of toiletries and even travel sized toothpaste just in case his guests had forgotten something. His breakfast is the best ever - quality fresh produce which is top class, freshly squeezed fruit juice and even the serviettes are quality, only the best for his guests. The room was spotlessly clean with a lovely comfy bed and pillows - a good nights sleep was certainly had (not just due to a fab night out!) The Glen is in a good location, we walked the short distance from the bus station but there is also ample parking on site which is a big bonus for those travelling by car. Thank you John for helping to make our week-end fabulous and I have already started recommending your lovely guest house ( guest home is more appropriate) to my family and friends and I know they will enjoy staying with you as much as my friend and I did. Sue and Marie, Nottingham.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent but there is a deluxe room if preferred
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sue E
John C, Owner at Glen Guest House, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Sue & Marie,
Thank you for your kind words. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with me. It was my pleasure to look after you and I hope you will be back to visit again soon.
Stockport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

We recently had a return visit to Blackpool and once again the choice of accommodation for us was easy in the Glen
John as ever was friendly and helpful the room was clean and well presented and the breakfast was superb, I would never use any other venue in Blackpool and would happily recommend the Glen as the perfect accommodation
Once again thanks john
Tim & Yvonne Banham

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank TIMOTHY B
John C, Owner at Glen Guest House, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Tim & Yvonne,
Thank you for your kind words again!! It was so lovely to see you both again and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with me again.
I hope you enjoyed the Lake District and the rest of your travels.
Looking forward to your next visit.
Llandudno, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Just got back from weekend in Blackpool, Stayed at The Glen.. All reviews on Trip Advisor are spot on.... John made us and all his guests this weekend really welcome, service,hospitality and the Famous Breakfasts lived up to what we were expecting, even the small touches like a Rod Stewart C D playing at breakfast on the Saturday morning... we even think he may have arranged the weather because it was glorious all weekend...Honestly if you are thinking of staying over in Blackpool look no further than this Great little Guest House with car parking. We will certainly try to book with John again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Babsgregs
Dear Barbara & John,
Thank you for your kind words. It was a pleasure to meet you both. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with me.
I have taken your advise and bought a shower mat to ensure no one slips!!!!
Please do come back and visit again soon.
Carlisle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

My sister and I had a fabulous 2night stay at The Glen for the Rod Stewart concert ! A warm welcome from John who even carried our cases to a beautiful decorated spotless clean double room , with lots of luxuries even a box of chocolates , the bed was very comfortable and the modern bathroom was large with all the toiletries you could ever need . Breakfast was wonderful John even catered for gluten free so I did not miss out on sausage or toast with a full breakfast . The Glen is in an ideal place walking distance for all attractions , Will we return .... Oh yes definately .

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Normski938
Good evening,
Thank you so much for your review. I have to admit is was such a pleasure to have you both stay with me, even if you came with a huge SUV!!
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. It was such a good weekend especially as all guests were going to see Rod...... Thanks for letting me borrow the CD for breakfast. I just loved it - NOT!!!
Please do come back and stay again.
Love to you both.
Douglas, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

I cannot speak highly enough, from the cleanliness to the breakfast, the hospitality and the location, John, I have stayed in quite a few guest houses in Blackpool, and yours is by far the best, thank you, we will certainly be back, marvellous.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Josephine M
Dear both,
Thank you for your review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed staying at the Glen. It especially means alot when I get hoteliers staying and approving of what I offer.
I am looking forward to my trip to the Isle of Man and will definitely pop in for coffee.
Thanks for the sweets and Isle of Man tea towel.
John x