“Worth the money!”

Ashley Victoria Hotel
Ranked #193 of 859 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I travel around a lot and have stayed in a number of hotels and must say my stay here a few weeks ago was very enjoyable. Rooms are better than the Premier Inn. Customer service was beyond exceptional. The owner, Diana couldn't do enough for us. Facilities were great and met my families needs. A hotel that doesn't attract the hen parties...perfect for families and older people. Will return again.

Room Tip: Rooms on theright of hotel are quiet.
1  Thank Andrew F
There are newer reviews for Ashley Victoria Hotel

Reviewed 23 June 2012

We paid £90 for a very small room for three that faced a brick wall, at this price it's comparable with the larger chain hotels and no where near matches their qaulity on a number of levels.
Starting with the room, the weather was awful however had it been sunny we still wouldnt have had any light in our room, with a disgusting view of a dirty gap between buildings.
There were two bed side lamps and no sockets to plug them in next to the bed, amazing.
The bathroom window was cracked and the shower was at best slightly warm.
There was a large flat screen television and contemporary furnishings however Ive no idea why there was a chair that looked like if was from a working mens club.
The room was very quiet, as we requested.
It was stated that there was car parking, this was actually on the road next to the hotel which is true of most of the hotels in Blackpool and wouldn't be suffice if there had been more than very few guests at the hotel.
When we arrived we were told strangely that since the hotel was quiet breakfast would be from 9.30 until 10 and that we could request it earlier if we liked (not wanting to make a fuss we didn't). We have never encountered this at a hotel or b and b before, such a late limited time for breakfast, doesnt at all seem customer focussed. When we came down for breakfast it was apparent no one had followed this rule and most people had already eaten. Again given the high cost, the choices for breakfast were very poor. Two types of cereal, it looked like cornflakes and rice crispies, the tea and coffee were in large storage containers, rather than fresh, and were cold. There was just a choice of cooked breakfast which was fine but nothing to get excited about.
It must be noted that the lady who was on the premises was polite and friendly (she hadnt been on the phone when I rang to confirm the booking and she thought I had booked for the three adults, which isnt allowed, I had in fact booked for myself, my husband and my daughter).
In summary, it is difficult to know what they are trying to do at this hotel, they have made some atempts to make it modern, but not followed through which qaulity. They state that it is for families and couples, however the price is high for what they are offering, and I should think out of most families reach.
The next time we visit I will stick to a travel lodge or for this kind of price, a hotel such as the Hilton or Big Blue.

Room Tip: ask for a room that doesnt view a dirty wall
1  Thank lesleyashington
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Not being Blackpool's biggest fan, and having last been to Blackpool a number of years previously on a stag do, I was not particularly looking forward to my brief stay that my wife had booked to attend an event. The cosmetic appearance of many of the guest houses are not exactly inviting and I was not expecting much.
What we actually got was top quality service from a warm and friendly, family run hotel, that was clean, had all the required facilities and actually left me with the feeling that should I return in the future, this is the first place I would try to book into.
It was extremely easy to locate, had adjacent parking, and was less than a hundred yards from the front, in between the Tower and the Pleasure beach.
Great location and Diane and husband were delightful hosts. No stag do or hen party policy and was therefore quiet and civilised. Nice full english breakfast too and we got a four poster bed!
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this for either couples, families, or if you are a solo traveller. They had a decent bar area that would be good for functions if that was what you were looking for also.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Just stayed in the Ashley Victoria last night & really enjoyed it. Hotel is lovely rooms have everything you need and more. Place was spotless couldn't fault anything. Service was great and a real must to stay for families & couples. My little boy didn't want too leave as the owners Diane and wally where both lovely and really made us welcome. Location is perfect and central to everything you need. Would Stay here again as had a games room for the kids which my little boy enjoyed. I would strongly recommend this hotel to all families & couples looking too stay in Blackpool.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 8 June 2012

We have just come back from a 2 day stay in Blackpool staying at the Ashley Victoria Hotel. The booking was a last minute booking, but Daina was more than happy to let us stay. From the minute we arrrived we received a warm and friendly welcome from Diana the owner. The breaksfast was very nice an the service was very quick. The rooms were clean and the beds nice and comfortable, we stayed in room 3 which had a lovely layout, The hotel is well situated, with all ammenties close by. We would highly recomend anyone visiting Blackpool to stay in this hotel.

Reviewed 4 November 2011

We stayed in the 5 bed (2 rooms 1 bath) family room, with our kids, and my wife's sister stayed in the other 5 bed family room. The hotel is very clean and tidy, the rooms are nicely decorated and spacious. Owners are nice and the bar area is very modern. If there was a complaint it is that the bar isn't very busy and the bar prices aren't great. Kids area had TV, Wii and other video games. Breakfast was served by a very busy, but nice, couple of young ladies. Nice brekkie, unlimited cereal (albeit only 2 choices) and toast, juice and tea and coffee, and a full nice English cooked to order.

If I was going back to B'Pool, I would definitely stay here again and have already recommended to friends.

Booked direct via own hotels own website.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 November 2011

understaffed by none recognisable workers we were expecting much more from this hotel . everything from tea /coffee in rooms to advertised items like iron and hairdrier had to be asked for . the room was cleanand when the plumbing and heating worked it was fine , noticed plumber in 3 of the4 days we were there . its a long time since we were not offered fruit or crassoints at breakfast and only 2 cereal choices , not what i describe as 4 star . definitely did not stand up to £100 a night rating

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple