“Driving Week plus a few extra days with a friend”
Review of McHalls Hotel

and 1 more site!
McHalls Hotel
Ranked #17 of 863 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Really enjoyed my time at the hotel, Danny and Gavin were perfect hosts. The hotel is in a fantastic location close to town and sea as well as local transport. I had a few days with a friend relaxing before taking my driving lessons and test. I found that Danny was very encouraging and good company the second part of my holiday when i was on my own. He always checked I was ok and chatted away keeping me company. The food at the hotel is to die for thanks to Gavin I cannot priase him enough if I could have boxed him up and taken him home with me I would have. The hotel is very clean and very relaxed you would be hard pushed to find such a good hotel in the area. We will definately be returning in the future. Thank you Danny and Gavin for such a lovely holiday.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 August 2011

I stayed here whilst taking a local intensive driving course and to be honest I was not sure what to expect. McHalls turned out to be ideal accomodation.
The hotel is colourfully decorated (I especially liked the theatre posters in the dinning room), friendly, in a very practical location and offers generous portions of homemade food. The breakfasts were especially good. Thank you Gavin!
My room was very clean and pretty. I had forgotten a hairdrier but I was able to borrow one from Danny.
As a woman travelling on her own it was good to be staying somewhere which felt secure and the owners looked after me well. I was even able to order a packed lunch to take on the driving course.
I had everything I needed during my stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Jenny W
Reviewed 19 August 2011

My daughter and I stayed at McHalls hotel whilst she was taking an intensive driving course in Blackpool. I just wanted to thank Danny and Gavin for their contribution to my daughter passing her test first time!!!
The hotel is wonderful and the hosts superb.
Full marks for cleanliness, locality, food, well stocked bar and beautifully decorated bedrooms with en suites.
The bistro is open to non residents and a must, as Gavin the chef, is fantastic. His dishes are all home made and his chocolate brownie is to die for!!
Sunday lunch is spectacular and many people seem to eat there regularly for this super lunch.
Breakfast is well cooked and available from 8.00am served by Danny, who is on hand to answer any questions about the local area or anything else, in his own innimitable style!! He has a wicked sense of humour and helped the drivers relax whilst providing that attention to detail that makes a stay at McHalls memorable. I would recommend staying at this hotel for business or holiday.....try it, you will enjoy it. Thanks a million Danny and Gavin.
Jan Crowe :-)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank JanetCrowe
Reviewed 17 July 2011

This is the first time staying at this hotel, due to our usual Blackpool Hotel being full. We couldn't have choosen better from start to finish our stay with Danny and Gavin was a joy, nothing was too much trouble. The room was comfortable and spacous. Breakfasts great with plenty of coffee and extra toast flowing, unrushed and morning papers included. We had an evening meal which was delicious. The lounge and bar area were comfortable with TV, radio, games and papers/magazines. Both Danny and Gavin chatted and were interested in us as people not just as guests and we now consider them to be friends. We will definately be returning to this hotel. Carol & Chrissy Throssell

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CarolThrossell
Reviewed 24 June 2011

We keep coming back to this fabulous hotel, because it is unique. Its better than other hotels in hundreds of ways. The hosts Danny and Gavin are so skillful at providing a warm, comfortable, pleasureable and memorable experience they can't be bettered. Danny at the front of house has time for everyone and is carefully attentive without being obtrusive and Gavin is a master cook, a real tour de force in the kitchen. Everything has been thought of and nothing is too much trouble for this happy hardworking pair. I guarentee you will love it!

Be sure to take away some of Gavin's home made chutney, it is such a treat.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cassiesouthwales
Reviewed 6 June 2011

Dan & Gav are truly fabulous hosts, nothing is too much trouble for them and they made me and my friends feel really welcome. Rooms were lovely and the food fantastic. Location is perfect and I couldn't fault the hotel or Dan & Gav. Me and my friends will definitely be gong again! They made our stay magical by helping out with our theme orientated trip and providing fabulous food. Can't wait for the next trip there in August!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Anniemation75
Reviewed 6 June 2011

Well, talk about being made welcome by the friendliest proprietor you could meet, Danny. How nice! A whole gang of us descended, bags everywhere, starving and ready for a knees up. Danny and his husband, Gavin, made us soooo welcome, and pointed us in the right direction for all the things we wanted. Delicious food too, all homemade. We are defo going back, in fact we booked for another weekend in July whilst we were there! Can't recommend it highly enough. Go, see for yourselves.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends