“lovely” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Derby Lodge Hotel & Restaurant

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Derby Lodge Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #737 of 913 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Leeds, United Kingdom
“lovely”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

just spent 2 nights there, very polite and considerate people, food brill, the most comfy holiday bed ever, will be going back when next in blackpool. Dave Sheila from leeds

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2011

I booked on line to go to Blackpool with my son I changed the room so my son could take a friend We arrived at the hotel. I sent my son in to see about parking. A scruffy looking woman came out to tell me she had a problem that they had over booked. She told me to shut up and listen then she turned round and said that I had to work with her and that I was to have two single beds pushed together and I was to sleep with the two boys. When I said no she became very rude. I said u supprised you get ant guests at all. She said that she was not rude although I had witnesses. I asked for my refund she told me I would have to wait till Tuesday. I really wouldn't advise anyone to stay here. She ruined my day!!!!

• Stayed April 2011
3 Thank 2010traceyb

Travellers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2011

Extremely disceiving, and the smell just made us want to physically vomit!
We arrived, got checked in after squashing into the lobby! We were welcomed by the owner who seemed pretty helpful until we were forewarned about noise before we had even put our bags down! From walking through the front door the overwhelming smell lingered all the way through, a mixture of dogs, foist, cigarettes and damp... disgusting! The room was not big enough to swing a cat never mind accommodate a group of us! I had never seen a room decorated in car boot sale items before until now! It was filthy, stunk, the carpet in the bathroom was a risk, fair enough the shower worked, great! The TV was a joke, not that we went to watch TV. The beds were ok but we had to spray the bedding before sleeping in it due to the vile lingering smell! We were told not to use the window? The dust and cobwebs were all part and parcel of this grey towelled room! We were then told by the guy, again smoking, that we should keep the noise down at night, even though we had already been warned! The breakfast was ok, I've had better in BHS though nothing flash like this lot are talking about! Hotel rating should be reviewed, how on earth it got the first star never mind the other two I'll never know?
Faulty Towers comes to Blackpool!
I do not recommend this dive to anybody!!

• Stayed April 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Pointswinprizes
cheshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2011

We were very impressed with the quality for a very cheap B&B in lovely Blackpool.The owners were tip-top, nothing was too much trouble for them.Very clean and tidy with a super restaurant/bistro. Breakfast was also lovely-plenty of it and cooked to perfection.....just a short walk from shops and banks as well as fine nightlife. I would not hesitate to spend time there again or to recommend this B&B to anyone.

Room Tip: Close to all major amenities ....just a short wal
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Ashford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2011

Booked last minute, superb hospitalty and food from arrival. Faultless service with a smile at all times and food, drink brilliant.

Partner taken ill and owners were second to none in arranging a doctors visit and ensured that she was fine and well.

Close enough to the town but far enough away to be away from the stag and hen do area, quiet location and surroudings.

Lovely owners and exceedingly helpful and friendly.

Well serviced by local bus routes and Trams.

50yards from prom and beach!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
swindon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2011

I stayed at this hotel last october for a weekend,there were five in our party of which two were children,the rooms were a little nostalgic but they served there purpose,the breakfast is spot on which is self service although they could stop playing the theme to schindlers list in the background.
The price for our stay was very good compared to others online,the attractions were a bit of a trek away,but the trams were regular.
The landlady was very helpful and even though we checked out on the sunday morning let me keep my car there until that evening.i would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Shrewsbury
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2011

Clean rooms, good breakfast and great service. friendly satff and ideal location

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple