“good value”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Derby Lodge Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #709 of 860 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 September 2012

We had a twin and family room, booked last minute. We found the owners very friendly and helpful. While the rooms could do with updating, they were clean and comfortable. The breakfast was lovely, even eaten by two picky small children. One small gripe that downstairs did smell a bit smokey.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Derby Lodge Hotel & Restaurant

Reviewed 26 October 2011

how can i ever put into words how to explain how poorly we were treated at the AA 3 STAR??? hotel .we booked it 3 days before we went over the tel,after looking at the internet for hours,when we arrived we were told we would have to go in a back room on the 2nd fllor, not the front room on the first floor we were told.i am disabled and told the lady i would have difficulty she replied you can rest haldway up. room,was dirty smelly and damp,the wardrobe was a hole in the wall,we complained but it fell on deaf ears,the bunk bed mattress was saggy and about to give way,my daughter and myself both had asked for a refund on the booking as i felt so ill i could not stop there any longer..also behind the reception was the kitchen and 2 dogs were there with dog food all over the floor and barking,a gentleman came along and stood next to the lady also saying we could not have any refund,shethen got angry and i asked for the manager and she said he was away for a month,she eventually gave me a telephone no , which i dialled and left a message of complaint.still waiting for a reply ,feel disppointed and ripped off.

Room Tip: do not stay here
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank debra h
scoopdo, Owner at Derby Lodge Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2011

These people never booked a first floor room and never told us that there was someone disabled, they were not treated poorly, in fact we carried there luggage up for them and there were no complaints about being on the 2nd floor I was more concerned then they were, belive what you want.because to be quite honest I have had enough.I do not know what you people want other then us out of business and to be quite honest you can have it, you can insult me as much as you want. AND AS THE SAYING SAYS Sticks & Stones may brake my bones but names will never harm me.

Reviewed 8 October 2011

I was very dissapointed with this hotel as soon as i got there i found the lady incharge rather rude actually and very unpleasant and really would have changed places if we hadnt already paid. the room was extremely small. the shower wasnt worth switching on as hardly any water came out. the bedsise lamp was all cracked and the flowers i wouldnt have botherd putting them there as they were dirty and artificial. Not the best hotel. However the breakfast was good which was a plus side. If the owner had been more pleasant i think i would have appreciated it more. So as for going back i dont think so as there was also a funny smell. sorry.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joanne123365
Reviewed 2 October 2011

I am really disapointed in this hotel looked really nice on the internet, but it was a terrible hotel . We stayed in the family room which was ok but when it came to having a shower we could not get any warm water the room smelt of damp, also the windows and the room in general were dirty. At breakfast there was only 1 cereal in a box which was out of date, 1 apple and orange in a bowl all bruised. We asked for a tea and coffee recieved 2 pots of coffee. We had to help yourself to full english which was hardly nothing there and the lids to lift the hot food out of where very hot no oven gloves or napkins to stop you burning yourself. When my mum went down to tell the lady about her kettle leaking she was really rude and said can you just go out while i get the dog away as my mum asked her for some coffee she said can you take it away from here as i have to get breakfast ready and i havent had a coffee yet myself. The owner of the hotel seemed to be rushed of her feet and always on her own. We definatly did not get our moneys worth.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Rachel H
Reviewed 29 September 2011

Seriously how can anyone say that they think it was a nice b&b! for one, it looks nothing like the picture they advertise. there was 4 of us who went and we was scared!

the woman made us follow her, and told me and my fiance to "stay there" while she showed the other couple we wer with to there room, showed them for about 10 minutes how to use the key in the door, and then showed them everything in the room.. how to turn the tv on, etc. they payed extra for a "couch" which was infact, a tiny, armchair, and i mean kids size armchair, a grown up could not sit on it. This took 20 minutes with me and my fiance still standing on the landing with very heavy bags.. she then came back and done the same with us. our room was tiny, you could walk round the bed, without leaning on it. to be fair, the rooms were ok, they were clean. but the actual hotel stunk of grease and ciggys. and a dog was walking round the kitchen.

and to top it off, after every conversation she had with us, she said, well i wouldnt want you to write a bad review about is. the woman is obsessed, you could see she was only being nice to us because she wanted a nice review.

plus the hotel is right out way, bad advertisement by them.

I suggest, go somewhere else! the Lyndene is a nice B&B, we stayed there on our return visit!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank vickixfx
Reviewed 31 August 2011

We checked in at 6.40pm, and were met from a very welcoming man called Jerry. There was 2 families of 5 of us. We went to our room, which was very run down, it looked desperate for a good clean and re decoratio. You couldn't walk around the bed as it was that cramped. We decided to eat out as we were put off by the smell, and the dog running around the kitchen were food was being prepared. When coming back to this hotel after eating out, we were met by a scruffy looking woman who just glared at us vacantly. I asked her if everything was ok and she replied no am not, how many people have sneaked up the stairs, there is far more than 9 of you. I told her there was 10 of us which we had booked in. I then asked if we could have some milk for a cup of tea to which she replied well" Arnt you having breakfast" I said " well yes but we would like a cup of tea tonight. We eventually got milk but it was begrudged. She then started shouting at us to shut up repeatedly. We asked to speak to jerry and she started swearing telling jerry to f****n deal with us. My 2 year old and 4 year old started getting upset. We asked could we just have a refund and was told no, they didn't have it. When we finally got to our room, we all could hear this woman shouting and balling, a good half hour later I went to my car to get some nappies and she was still shouting and cursing to her dog Tilly about how this was her home. We would never go back to this hotel again, my children didn't want to stay and were crying to go home as they were frightened. We had no sleep due to the children being unsettled and her dog barking most of the night. We got up in the morning and left first thing without breakfast as none of the children wanted to see this woman again. The only thing this hotel has going for it is, Jerry whom I think is her husband. I wish him all the luck in the world as I think he is going to need it!

Room Tip: Don't go to this hotel
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Houses30
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Superb stay. Our 2nd stay, but first with the children, we stayed in a family room and did the half board option. The food in the evening was top class especially the steak and kidney pie :-D. Breakfast was again first rate. The warm generous welcome & hospitality is first rate. And with the trams running access to the attractions are easily accessible.

• Stayed: July 2011