“Page brilliantly kept secret”

David Ferguson at The Belmont
Ranked #281 of 1,253 Restaurants in Leicester
Price range: US$0 - US$86
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This restaurant was so good we went again the next night!

Great for a wide variety of people, fairly traditional food - done very well, nice size portions, brilliant atmosphere and a great wine selection.

Jack, our waiter, couldn't have been more helpful and got us the same table the next night as well. Will definitely be going back.

1  Thank Declan C

Reviewed 15 August 2014

My husband and I have just returned from a really wonderful meal at Windows on New Walk in the Belmont Hotel. We both ate from the 3-course menu and found all 3 courses to be superb - each dish tasted delicious and was really well presented. My husband's steak in particular was cooked to perfection and melted in the mouth. He said it was one of the best steaks he's ever tasted! The service was impeccable; the staff were attentive and our waiter Jack was very friendly. I also really liked the ambiance within the restaurant and it still felt intimate even when the restaurant began to fill up. We didn't sample the wines this time but we know from previous visits that they have an extensive wine and cocktail list.

I would thoroughly recommend Windows on New Walk and I think it offers great food at a very reasonable price. It's certainly one of the nicest restaurants for a romantic meal in Leicester.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Lovely breakfast and pleasant décor. The views out onto New Walk are also very nice, especially in the lovely weather we had last weekend

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We went here for lunch on a lovely sunny day. It's a nice place to eat both inside and out. That said, the food took a long time to arrive which isn't great if you're on a lunch break from work. Also, two of us had the Brazil nut burger which was awful. It disintegrated on the plate and was therefore really hard to eat without making a huge mess and so dry. We had to keep searching at other tables for more mayo to try to make it edible. The rest of the party seemed to enjoy their food though although it was noted that the portions of chips were very small for the price. I was disappointed that no one came over to check if we were happy. That said, one of the bar staff was very friendly and helpful when I needed a bottle warmed for my son.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Service was excellent, atmosphere very pleasant, interesting new menu, very good wine selection (we prefer Old World wines.)

The food was beautifully presented and tasted delicious.

1  Thank doraluna