“If only the front of house was as slick as the kitchen!”
Review of Maiyango Restaurant - CLOSED

Maiyango Restaurant
Price range: US$24 - US$60
Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We have been to maiyango many times, and have noticed that the front of house is completely different every time, we have never seen the same face there twice, I'm not sure why? The food was superb as usual, but the service was dreadful. A catalogue of errors, and we noticed the table next to ours was feeling the same, as we could hear them moaning! The maître de knew service was shocking and came to talk to us at the end of the night to discuss it and apologise. He offered to pay for our bottle of wine as an apology. We appreciated his honesty and openness, but still were disappointed with the experience, having spent a lot of money on the taster menu. We hope the owners find a good restaurant manager, and keep them! We won't be rushing back.

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

I'm not one for reviewing places but the food was so amazing I'd feel rude not to! I'm a vegetarian I have been for more than 25 years and it is so lovely to find somewhere which not only has plenty of choice for veggies but also executes it so expertly. Most restaurants don't really bother, it's a half hearted attempt but not here! My non veggie husband said how amazing his food was too. The free canapes and sorbet were a lovely touch too. Will be definately be returning again.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

On Saturday 19th April my husband made a reservation to celebrate my 50th birthday and our wedding anniversary.

On arrival we was greeted by the waiter, who before escorting us to our table, requested to take our coats. I held out my coat and the waiter grasped it by the hood separating several buttons from the garment. I instantly rummaged, looking for the buttons but were unable to find any due to the darkness. The waiter persisted it was perfectly fine, having a sewing kit up stairs in the hotel, he would personally have the coat repaired and be as good as new.

Upon coming towards the end of the meal, the waiter held up my coat and assisted me with putting it on. It's was not until leaving the restaurant, I closely inspected the damage. To my astonishment, it was not the original button but in fact one a completely different colour to the rest. Not only being an entirely different button, the stitching was even more so offending.
There were three buttons missing and only one being replaced also. I returned to talk to the waiter and with an attitude replied, that he did the best he could with what he had. Overall I thought it was sly to hide what he had done until I was just about to leave and not even explaining or apologising about the condition of the repair. The coat is 'Maxmara' one of a kind leather Italian coat with a value of £2,000. It's is not the price nor money of my possession but the princeable of how it was dismissed and the waiters bla-se attitude.

Overall due to the attitude and appalling service I feel as though what was supposed to be a memorable celebration has been shattered by the way I was treated and the negligences towards my possessions.

1  Thank deniserx8
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Whenever we eat here, the food tastes absolutely delicious and the staff go out of their way to make the occasion really special. This time it was a post-wedding lunch and the staff bent over backwards to provide us with a wonderful afternoon/evening upstairs on the terrace. We will always return for special occasions and have never had a disappointing meal.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Booked in online and managed to get a table at 9.30pm, we had a couple of cocktails whilst they prepared the table and managed to move over earlier than expected.

I love the way you order the starters and the main courses, and you get little bits in between, things that you wouldn't necessarily order from the menu, such as the lemon and basil sorbet. No way would I have ordered this, but my god, it was amazing!

I had the trout for starters which was fantastic, I would have loved this as a main course! I had the Seabass and Chorizo as main course again it was fantastic.

I would highly recommend booking in this place, even just for the experience. I understand the hotel is also really rated.